What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 MBSL Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
https://www79.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/39912#0

Eliminations.

Reduce to 12 after week 2 (wk 1+2)

Reduce to 11 after week 3 (wk 2+3)

Reduce to 10 after week 4 (wk 3+4)

Reduce to 7 after week 8 (wk 5+6+7+8)

Reduce to 4 after week 12 (wk 9+10+11+12)

Reduce to 2 after 15 (wk 13+14+15)

Champ is the highest scorer over weeks 16-17.

Last edited by a moderator:
Draft order has been set up.  Number of teams is 13.  Draft rounds bumped from 18-20.

Eliminations.

Reduce to 12 after week 2 (wk 1+2)

Reduce to 11 after week 3 (wk 2+3)

Reduce to 10 after week 4 (wk 3+4)

Reduce to 7 after week 8 (wk 5+6+7+8)

Reduce to 4 after week 12 (wk 9+10+11+12)

Reduce to 2 after 15 (wk 13+14+15)

Champ is the highest scorer over weeks 16-17.

And we have gotten off to a quick start, which is great because we need to be done by Saturday night. To do that, we need to average four rounds per day.

The biggest surprise to me thus far is not who has been drafted in the top ten, but a player to be named later that has not been drafted.

@Stinkin Refin the number two spot made the most obvious pick in Kelce, who might have gone #1 overall but you can't argue @Duckboy much against McCaffrey who is the most persistent #1 pick in all drafts in many years. Still, I can envision Ref running to the podium for Kelce. I am happy with Waller at #5.

Very thankful to @BassNBrew, who has been really strapped for time over the past month or so, taking the time to set this last Survivor draft up. You are the man and I appreciate this greatly. Will he be granted a gift pick at #11 overall?

ryheaps is the only owner who hasn't logged in.  I sent him another franchise invite in an effort the notify him again.  Hopefully he sees it and I don't have to figure out what to do if he misses his pick.

ryheaps is the only owner who hasn't logged in.  I sent him another franchise invite in an effort the notify him again.  Hopefully he sees it and I don't have to figure out what to do if he misses his pick.
did a little recon and found a cell phone number in the BLC league for ryheaps and sent a text....not sure if it is actually his or not...we will see....

First of all, I hope that @Stinkin Refhas the right cell number. Even if he doesn't, I hope @ryheapssees the comments here and turns up. But, if neither of those occur, I think that we should consider:

1. Since he is already in the last draft spot and we can't switch him down to temporarily pass
  2. Since we have only five days to complete this draft
  3. We wait the full two hours and maybe give him an additional hour
  4. Then somebody completely overhauls the league to make it twelve people and we steamroll on

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up...there's a good chance I drop the clock to 1h45min tomorrow.  We need to do four rounds a day to finish by Saturday.

Hey, I thought I had my texts set up in this league when I was on the clock. Apparently not 🤦🏻‍♂️ Regardless, they are on now, so I’ll be quicker going forward. Sorry about that!!

Thanks to @BassNBrew for taking some time away from important life work to set up this last draft for the faithful survivor drafters. Best of luck to everyone in all of their fantasy endeavors this season and may your players stay healthy and be productive.

QB: Prescott, Lance/Grappolo - QBs slide as I expected but still happy with Dak at 6.3 and QB8.  Getting to see Thursday night allowed me some flexibility to really wait on a QB2.  I really got boxed in with Dak's bye and all my "sleepers" shared a bye.  Loved Lance's upside but figured he'd go late since he isn't starting.  Probably should have skipped Jimmy G and grabbed another WR

RB: Henry, Henderson, Fournette, Mckissic, Mattison - A 1st, 5th and then 12, 13, 14.  I was the last to take a 3rd RB.  Living with Henry filling one spot and cobbling together a usable score for the 2nd RB.  I think I got everyone of these guys at a discount to their ADP.  maybe I'm behind the times.

WR: Metcalf, Lockett, JuJu, Landry, Mike Williams, Peoples-jones, Pringle - Really took Metcalf because I been in this spot in every draft this year and have gone Ridley or Hopkins every other time.  I actually think Metcalfe will finish closer to WR10 but his TDs are huge in best ball and I can afford his donuts.  Galloway was a strategy that I liked but soon came to regret.  Byes were an issue doubling down.  Pulled the trigger because he's an ideal best ball WR but in hindsight should have taken Cooper.  JuJu and Landry should be consistent producers.  Mike Williams seemed like a value in the 9th and I'm surprised Ref left him for me.  Peoples-Jones and Pringle round it outing should provide 2-3 scored weeks.  Pringles solely because every other team has Hardman and/or DRob.

TE - Thomas, Henry - Chasing last year's stats.  Surprised Henry lasted until the 10th.  Either him or Smith could pop for a top 5 finish.

K - Butker - Probably should have taken another.  I had success going with one but that's been with 18 roster spots.  Picked him early because no one else on my roster at that time shared a bye.

D - Bus, Broncos - Bucs were an outright steal here.  The Thursday game likely scared people off but if that offense keeps clicking, the D will torch Darold and Winston.

Felt like I had a great read on this draft and positioned myself well.  My execution wasn't as good.  Lots of bye week issues, but I gambled that the new format will provide some forgiveness on that front.

Users who are viewing this thread