What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Cartoon: Who Does This To You? Take A Moment. If You're Posting Here, You Know It's True (1 Viewer)

2020: Matt Ryan over Josh Allen

2019: Zeke over CMC

Dynasty (most recently): Darrell Henderson at 1.08, bypassing AJ Brown and DK.   :X

Doesn't even have to be an egregious misstep on your part, just when, even when you were around ADP, you picked the wrong guy. Damn. :kicksrock:

One you missed.

Recently in my main league, if I have to flip a coin over a choice between 2 WRs, the guy I don't choose becomes a WR1. 

Last year it was Reagor over Jefferson. The year before it was Miles Boykin over Terry McLauren. 

This year the tough choice was Amari Rodgers over Dyami Brown. In case any one wants to action this info. 

You pretty much nailed me with the cartoon lol. 
I thought of you when I saw it -- lol -- but forget the player, I was more thinking "Why is this 'sport' keeping me up at night with my mistakes?"

There were many like you. I took over an orphan with N'Keal Harry. He went really early. Guy drafted two useless Patriots for two years before I took over. Harris and Harry. Harris may well prove to be useful. I turned then into three seconds and a third.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought of you when I saw it -- lol -- but forget the player, I was more thinking "Why is this 'sport' keeping me up at night with my mistakes?"
Only saving grace for me with N'Keal was I didn't have a dynasty team that season and so didn't actually draft him anywhere. 

He truly was exactly as advertised. Blazing playmaker who will be awesome for as long as he can stay healthy. 
When he went head over heels into the endzone in college and completely blacked out that should have been a warning sign, for both him and me.

When he went head over heels into the endzone in college and completely blacked out that should have been a warning sign, for both him and me.
Yeah, I remember seeing that play and being really freaked out. Turns out there was good reason. 

Let me introduce you to my 2013 draft, where I completely lost my mind and, like the cartoon, then lost much sleep. 

Me: 1.08 EJ Manuel - isn't even a 2QB league. smh
My laughing league mates: Robert Woods @ 1.09 and Keenan Allen at 1.11. Oof.

Me: 2.08 Aaron Dobson
My laughing league mates: Travis Kelce @ 2.09 and Zach Ertz at 3.04. Doubling down on the oof.

here's some

Ryan Mathews over Dez Bryant

Anthony Miller over Lamar Jackson

Christian Kirk over Courtland Sutton

Mike Williams over Alvin Kamara

Recently in my main league, if I have to flip a coin over a choice between 2 WRs, the guy I don't choose becomes a WR1. 

Last year it was Reagor over Jefferson. The year before it was Miles Boykin over Terry McLauren. 

This year the tough choice was Amari Rodgers over Dyami Brown. In case any one wants to action this info. 
In 1 league, I would have taken Reagor, but I got sniped and had to settle for Jefferson.

Where are all the Laquan Treadwell, Corey Coleman, Josh Doctson drafters?  Those guys went 1.02-1.04  in my dynasty league.

Eric Ebron over Odell Beckham

2019 redraft I pulled the #2 pick and because I was so much smarter than the rest of the world I took Kamara instead of CMC. That choice cost me the league.

I'm afraid Rodgers over Brown will look the same as the last few years ;)

I'm afraid Rodgers over Brown will look the same as the last few years ;)
Oh, don't I know it. The news on Brown has been pretty positive since my draft.

Gotta think like a corner that gets burned. Learn from your mistakes, then immediately forget them.
This is the correct answer. Going back to my examples, I probably dismissed Claypool too easily BECAUSE I got burned by the big athletic ND WR just 1 year earlier. Let the sam pick hurt me twice.

Too many to think about. Devy League TE premium. I took elite prospect Bucky Hodges. Two picks later, Alvin Kamara went.

Users who are viewing this thread