What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Media Has Tons Of Politically Woke Questions For The And Regarding The Next Jeopardy! Host - Richards Gone As Host, Now Gone As Producer (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
At this point, the West deserves almost everything it gets.

The A.V. Club lobbies for Mayim Bialik, her of the sleeping with her children until they're four and forgetting sex with her husband, because of course they support this loon.

Richards on the hot seat because of industry standards at the Price Is Right.

All the shenanigans go into the choice. All of the shenanigans are belong to us.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with almost everything today Social Media is the problem.  Turns out giving everyone a voice and the feeling that their opinions on every single thing ever matters is a massive mistake.  Who woulda thunk it??? 🙄
Social media is probably the biggest technological mistake we as a species have made, because while it’s not necessarily dangerous, it is mental poison, and the sooner we abandon it, the better.

I was honestly genuinely and completely shocked they went with a middle aged white man for the role.  I believed that was pretty much done in the entertainment industry.  So the backlash he's receiving doesn't shock me quite frankly.

I don't understand what the issue is here. Jeopardy chose two new hosts. Some people liked the choices. Some people hated them. And most didn't give a ####.

I fail to see how this is going to lead to the downfall of the West.

As with almost everything today Social Media is the problem.  Turns out giving everyone a voice and the feeling that their opinions on every single thing ever matters is a massive mistake.  Who woulda thunk it??? 🙄

It's always this.  This and only this

It's not surprising that we have 100s of millions of dumb opinions because there are 100s of millions of dumb people.  The problem is that in modern society these dumb voices get as much attention as actual voices

get off twitter

It's not surprising that we have 100s of millions of dumb opinions because there are 100s of millions of dumb people.  The problem is that in modern society these dumb voices get as much attention as actual voices

get off twitter
Agree, mostly….

I’m not a SM guy.  I’m here, FB (almost never post and rarely log in) and Twitter.  But my Twitter is my drama free zone.  Not one person I know in real life do I follow or knows I’m on there and I follow only things I’m interested in.   NASA, sports, fantasy football, woodworking, etc etc.  It’s my favorite place honestly.  Zero drama and I’ve shaped it that way.  

Agree, mostly….

I’m not a SM guy.  I’m here, FB (almost never post and rarely log in) and Twitter.  But my Twitter is my drama free zone.  Not one person I know in real life do I follow or knows I’m on there and I follow only things I’m interested in.   NASA, sports, fantasy football, woodworking, etc etc.  It’s my favorite place honestly.  Zero drama and I’ve shaped it that way.  
Absolutely

I should have said 'narrow your twitter'

I'm on facebook but it's only things i'm interested in and a block most of my 'friends' as well because i don't care what their opinions are and don't care what they had for lunch today

killface said:

get off twitter
AND
THEY
VOTE

rockaction said:
At this point, the West deserves almost everything it gets.

The A.V. Club lobbies for Mayim Bialik, her of the sleeping with her children until they're four and forgetting sex with her husband, because of course they support this loon.

Richards on the hot seat because of industry standards at the Price Is Right.

All the shenanigans go into the choice. All of the shenanigans are belong to us.
Wait, are you criticizing the selection of Bialik or criticizing those who criticize her because of statements she has made in the past? Because the latter feels a bit like an analogue of the woke culture thing. Per AV Club:

”Bialik, meanwhile, is a subject of controversy for her public statements on a wide variety of topics, including Israel, vaccinations, and wider conversations about public health. (Mother Jones has a run-down of many of Bialik’s past statements, including her willingness to serve as a pitchwoman for naturopathy and nootropic products, comments that have been read as victim-blaming in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein revelations, and a complicated track record on vaccines.)”

Wait, are you criticizing the selection of Bialik or criticizing those who criticize her because of statements she has made in the past? Because the latter feels a bit like an analogue of the woke culture thing. Per AV Club:

”Bialik, meanwhile, is a subject of controversy for her public statements on a wide variety of topics, including Israel, vaccinations, and wider conversations about public health. (Mother Jones has a run-down of many of Bialik’s past statements, including her willingness to serve as a pitchwoman for naturopathy and nootropic products, comments that have been read as victim-blaming in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein revelations, and a complicated track record on vaccines.)”

I really do not care what her personal views on anything are.  Is she a good host who makes the show watchable is all I care about.

I vote for computer-generated AI host.  OK, in truth, I really couldn't care less who the host is.

I will note, however, that the selection of Richards as the host had a definite Cheney choosing himself as VP candidate vibe to it.

Ah yes...All is right with the world.   The middle aged white guy forced out.   As I said I was utterly shocked he got the job in the first place..Glitch in the matrix I guess.

And there he goes....
And yep, everybody made fun of the topic. 

Ahem, #####es. 

:ptts: :coffee:

Nope, this isn't a problem at all in the modern world. Gee, glad I listened to all the lefties and curmudgeons on the board that this wasn't a major malfunction in our process, a process we use for vetting politicians. 

Only the a sociopath gets considered, and only the worst sociopaths ride it out. 

Good job, America. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, no comment in here was criticizing the topic. At all. 

I'm stunned. 

This is an obvious problem, then. 

I really do not care what her personal views on anything are.  Is she a good host who makes the show watchable is all I care about.
thats what I find fascinating about these people who dig through celebrities and other public figures' past looking for dirt. 

If they took the same approach for everything in their lives, or is it just entertainment? Do they know the personal beliefs of the CEO of car company that they drive? How about the head chef's options on things at restaurants they eat at? 

Seems so silly that entertainers get this type of treatment. 

Richards now gone as executive producer.

The larger thing to take away from this: Corporations are gutless, spineless institutions that will not protect your freedom of thought or speech. Only a robust First Amendment mixed with a keen cultural awareness and a subversion of media "Gotcha!" techniques will allow us to subvert their cancellation paradigm.

This means the repudiation and isolation of all those people who say that "gotcha" and "cancel" culture isn't really that bad, and aren't the goals just market functions and noble ones at that.

Bull####.

All we have is dissent. It's funny, but the left, who used to holler the most about dissent, anti-consumerism, and freedom of speech, has now risen into positions of power and totally abdicated the principles upon which they stood once entrenched in power.

It really doesn't matter whether it comes from the left or right, but freedom of speech, anti-consumerism, and dissent from cultural norms and methods of power need to be used in order to subvert this anti-democratic corporatist model.

That is the takeaway from this.

Users who are viewing this thread