What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFPC-anyone in main event? (1 Viewer)

shadrap

Footballguy
I'm in one this Sunday 4:00 PM EST.  First draft of the season.  I know it's expensive but I've managed to break even the last few years.  1.5 pt. for TE reception.  Really put s premium on TE's early.  Have the 2nd pick Cook Or Henry for me then................................................................ ?    1 minute per pick.  good stuff IMO.  I'm also entered in FBG $350 league that drafts this Monday.  

anyone playing?

Also a big shoutout & thank you to all the contributors here in the shark pool.  I glean a lot of info here & try to give my take also.

I always draft my main event team as late as possible.  This year, it will be the 10PM draft on September 11.  Call it the peak of the crescendo as I draft a few slow drafts early and then start live drafting in August.

Did a couple KFFSC drafts last Sunday and heading down to Louisville next weekend to do a few more.  A few other drafts throughout the week as well.  I usually feel pretty good (albeit tedious) by the time the main event draft comes around.  Last year, I went off plan and paid the price.  I have been playing one main event team since 2012 and last year was the third time I didn't win my league or have total points (or both).  Got caught up in the CEH love, and had done well with Hunt when he had his big season with KC.  Won't make that mistake again.

I am drafting 7th.  I don't love the spot as I prefer to be near the end, but not on the turn.  It doesn't feel like it matters as much this year.  There seems to be more variance in the first few rounds this year than there has been in the past.  Get your guys!

Are you going to post your lineup in here after you draft today?  

Also, the Footballguys Players Championship ADP is gold for these. Lots of overlap between FFPC Main Event and these $350 FPC drafts. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2021-fpc-adp05
Thank for posting this.   It shows what I was saying that there seems to be a lot more variance this season.  After the first 4 (CMC, Cook, Kelce, Kamara), the SMALLEST variance in drafted positions is 7 spots (Adams H - 3, L - 10)

In fact, there are 5 players through ADP 17 who have been drafted both single digits AND in the 20s.

Diggs   H - 4,  L - 20

Barkley  H - 5, L -  22

Taylor  :eek:    H - 4, L - 25

Gibson  H - 6, L - 24

Chubb  H - 8, L - 23

Highest variance in the first three rounds  is Chris Carson with a high of 23rd and a low of 47th.  2 full rounds difference. 

Biggest reach IMO  Josh Jacobs has a high of 17th overall.  (his low is 63rd)

Biggest steal IMO  Robby Anderson at 104th overall  (high is 58th)  *anybody who drafted Darrell Henderson pre-Akers injury got a steal, but that's not reflected on current ADP.

Thank for posting this.   It shows what I was saying that there seems to be a lot more variance this season.  After the first 4 (CMC, Cook, Kelce, Kamara), the SMALLEST variance in drafted positions is 7 spots (Adams H - 3, L - 10)

In fact, there are 5 players through ADP 17 who have been drafted both single digits AND in the 20s.

Diggs   H - 4,  L - 20

Barkley  H - 5, L -  22

Taylor  :eek:    H - 4, L - 25

Gibson  H - 6, L - 24

Chubb  H - 8, L - 23

Highest variance in the first three rounds  is Chris Carson with a high of 23rd and a low of 47th.  2 full rounds difference. 

Biggest reach IMO  Josh Jacobs has a high of 17th overall.  (his low is 63rd)

Biggest steal IMO  Robby Anderson at 104th overall  (high is 58th)  *anybody who drafted Darrell Henderson pre-Akers injury got a steal, but that's not reflected on current ADP.
I did an FPC draft from the 1. I considered Jacobs from the 2/3 turn. I went with AJ Brown instead. I kicked myself immediately because I hadn't looked at his bye week. Jacobs lasted until the 4/5 turn.

I am drafting in Vegas. Anybody else going out for the draft?
As I think I've said before in the FFPC thread when I got into high stakes fantasy was back in the first year of the old WCOFF and frankly I was more interested in the fact a bunch of old friends of mine had created a way to have a guys weekend in Vegas under the guise of fantasy football more then I was really interested in fantasy football.

Over the years I found another way to have a guys weekend in Vegas with old friends and/or I just got older so have not been going to Vegas for fantasy reasons in last few years. I did strongly consider it this year but one my favorite people to hang with for the first time in I think ever was not making the trip so I will again stay home.

But from home I've signed up for 3 main events with the first one this upcoming Thursday and I'm likely to add a 4th.

I always draft my main event team as late as possible.  This year, it will be the 10PM draft on September 11.  Call it the peak of the crescendo as I draft a few slow drafts early and then start live drafting in August.

Did a couple KFFSC drafts last Sunday and heading down to Louisville next weekend to do a few more.  A few other drafts throughout the week as well.  I usually feel pretty good (albeit tedious) by the time the main event draft comes around.  Last year, I went off plan and paid the price.  I have been playing one main event team since 2012 and last year was the third time I didn't win my league or have total points (or both).  Got caught up in the CEH love, and had done well with Hunt when he had his big season with KC.  Won't make that mistake again.

I am drafting 7th.  I don't love the spot as I prefer to be near the end, but not on the turn.  It doesn't feel like it matters as much this year.  There seems to be more variance in the first few rounds this year than there has been in the past.  Get your guys!

Are you going to post your lineup in here after you draft today?  
hope this works.  I was drafting 2nd.

https://myffpc.com/DraftBoardStandard.aspx?ltuid=8EB-C8695A1424A7

Obviously I'm biased as its our contest with our friends at FFPC, but for anyone wanting the same scoring and structure with the same people at FFPC running the contest, our Footballguys Players Championship is awesome. $350 entry fee and $500,000 Grand Prize. Check it out. On pace to sell out as always. https://myffpc.com/FootballGuys.aspx?affid=fbg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your first 7 rounds a lot, TE pretty iffy.

teams 6/7/12 could be good too
I agree with this assessment.  WTH was team 5 doing?  I understand the strategy, but no way in hell I'm going into the season with those RBs as my starters.

Team 1 looks like a 0RB guy that just couldn't go 0RB having the 1.01.  

Did an FPC team tonight:

QB Aaron RodgersGB 13 10.05

QB Deshaun Watson HOU 10 16.05

QB Ben Roethlisberger PIT 7 18.05

QB Jameis Winston NO6 20.05

RB Derrick HenryTEN 13 1.08

RB Joe Mixon CIN 10 2.05

RB Josh Jacobs LV 8 4.05

RB James ConnerARI 12 8.05

RB Carlos Hyde JAC 7 15.08

WR Robert Woods LAR 11 3.08

WR Brandon AiyukSF 6 5.08

WR Chase Claypool PIT 7 6.05

WR Robby Anderson CAR 13 7.08

WR DeVante Parker MIA 14 12.05

WR Sterling Shepard NYG 10 14.05

TE Adam Trautman NO 6 9.08

TE Hunter Henry NE 14 11.08

TE Eric Ebron PIT 7 17.08

PK Robbie Gould SF 6 19.08

DF PIT Team Defense PIT 7 13.08

Did an FPC team tonight:

RB Joe Mixon CIN 10 2.05

RB Josh Jacobs LV 8 4.05

I like that team.  TE is iffy but any TE after rd 8 is going to be.  solid team!

Did an FPC team tonight:

RB Joe Mixon CIN 10 2.05

RB Josh Jacobs LV 8 4.05

So I was in this draft and I do not wish to post my team at this time as I like to play things a little closer to the vest this time of year. I actually wondered if that was you based on the team name and so it is.

You got some good RB's,  solid WR's, got Rodgers at a great price in round 10.

As a few have said I think TE is your achilles heel. You do have some players with some upside and track record, just a little thin for my taste. 

I understand upside appeal of Watson and wanting a true backup QB if Watson does not play, but hard for me to get behind spending 4 picks on QB's in a one start league when one of your QB's is a stud. 

Just my thoughts and best of luck to you on the season.

So I was in this draft and I do not wish to post my team at this time as I like to play things a little closer to the vest this time of year. I actually wondered if that was you based on the team name and so it is.

As a few have said I think TE is your achilles heel. You do have some players with some upside and track record, just a little thin for my taste. 

I understand upside appeal of Watson and wanting a true backup QB if Watson does not play, but hard for me to get behind spending 4 picks on QB's in a one start league when one of your QB's is a stud. 

Hang on. Are you saying you won't share the team you already drafted?

Did an FPC team tonight:

RB Joe Mixon CIN 10 2.05

RB Josh Jacobs LV 8 4.05

Love it. Thanks for sharing. What picks did you like the most and what are you worried about?

Hang on. Are you saying you won't share the team you already drafted?

I'm in a group that would meet in Vegas every year to draft our FFPC Main Event team and other high-stakes teams. (We canceled last year and this year due to the pandemic, but we're still drafting online.) The boards from the completed live in-person drafts are displayed outside the conference room where drafts take place. One year we were drafting from the 3 spot. The guy drafting from the 2 spot had already drafted a team from the same spot the day before. (FFPC posts a list of names and draft spots on the wall, so we did a little detective work.) We took a photo of his completed draft, and we were able to successfully use it in our own strategy by sniping guys we thought he would pick (based on his other draft) and waiting on guys we didn't think he'd take. So I can see menobrown's point that he doesn't want to post his draft in a thread where there are guys he may be drafting against. 

Not much available that is worth drafting in the 20th round. Winston has QB1 upside and if he hits it I can hoard him on my bench. Happy with Rodgers in teh 10th, but I don't really think of him as a fantasy stud. 

TE is clearly my weak spot. They have gone fast in both FPC teams I have drafted thus far. 

Love it. Thanks for sharing. What picks did you like the most and what are you worried about?
I think Mixon is about the right value for mid second round. I wish I had taken Kittle. I had him in the queue and changed my mind. I don't like the 2nd or 3rd tier of TE's.

Given I loaded up on RB's I am thrilled at both WR and QB. As I said above I am not counting on Rodgers repeating last year, but even on a down year for him, I am in a good spot from QB. I think all of my WR's have real nice upside. I think I have a great chance to have 2 top 15 guys. 

I'm doing a slow draft ME right now, don't love my team so far, but don't hate it either. Thinner at rb than I would like, but I think I am good everywhere else. Fwiw, some might criticize te but Thomas is a flag player for me and I am confident he will again be a FPC top 3 TE  only better this yr. If I'm wrong I will delete the post and we can pretend it never happened 😉

Kyler Murray (ARI)
Zach Wilson (NYJ)

Austin Ekeler (LAC)
Jonathan Taylor (IND)
Rhamondre Stevenson (NE)
Darrynton Evans (TEN)
Ty Johnson (NYJ)

Cooper Kupp (LAR)
Tyler Boyd (CIN)
Jerry Jeudy (DEN)
Corey Davis (NYJ)
Marquez Callaway (NO)
Rondale Moore (ARI)
Gabriel Davis (BUF)

Logan Thomas (WAS)
Mike Gesicki (MIA)

I'm doing a slow draft ME right now, don't love my team so far, but don't hate it either.

Kyler Murray (ARI)
Zach Wilson (NYJ)

Austin Ekeler (LAC)
Jonathan Taylor (IND)
Rhamondre Stevenson (NE)
Darrynton Evans (TEN)
Ty Johnson (NYJ)

Cooper Kupp (LAR)
Tyler Boyd (CIN)
Jerry Jeudy (DEN)
Corey Davis (NYJ)
Marquez Callaway (NO)
Rondale Moore (ARI)
Gabriel Davis (BUF)

Logan Thomas (WAS)
Mike Gesicki (MIA)

Awesome. Love that and thanks for sharing. 

I'm doing a slow draft ME right now, don't love my team so far, but don't hate it either. Thinner at rb than I would like, but I think I am good everywhere else. Fwiw, some might criticize te but Thomas is a flag player for me and I am confident he will again be a FPC top 3 TE  only better this yr. If I'm wrong I will delete the post and we can pretend it never happened 😉

Kyler Murray (ARI)
Zach Wilson (NYJ)

Austin Ekeler (LAC)
Jonathan Taylor (IND)
Rhamondre Stevenson (NE)
Darrynton Evans (TEN)
Ty Johnson (NYJ)

Cooper Kupp (LAR)
Tyler Boyd (CIN)
Jerry Jeudy (DEN)
Corey Davis (NYJ)
Marquez Callaway (NO)
Rondale Moore (ARI)
Gabriel Davis (BUF)

Logan Thomas (WAS)
Mike Gesicki (MIA)
I am assuming you were drafting from either 11 or 12?

Did you take Thomas at the 5/6 turn?

Didn’t do a main this year but do have a hand full off FFPC leagues.  Did a $125 slim tourney on Wednesday from the 3 hole.  Went Kelce, Mixon, McLaurin, Murray, M Davis with my first 5 then hammer WR’s for a while.  Really like the team.  Dominator gave me an A+. Lol.  

Users who are viewing this thread