What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** FULL *** Boosted IDP, 2QBS, PPR, MFL, 27 RD SLOW REDRAFT, 12 teamer (1 Viewer)

Chaos Commish

Footballguy
I started this league in the early 00s and left it in 2016. I quit all FF that year.

The original version has been $40 for many years. It covers MFL, pays the winner $300, and $50 to the runner-up. I'm happy to do that, or more, or less or free. Depends on y'all.

The idea was to make IDPs almost as valuable as offensive players. It caught on and a few FBG staffers have played in it. The original version is going strong, Ruds and Bloom still in. I wrote about it here when I thought it finally died this year. I was wrong.

I've joined a league this year, but want to get back into IDPs. I set up a slightly diluted version of it on MFL since it's a bit late and that version is really challenging. Bloom calls it his most challenging draft and the one he most looks forward to. It was the chaos I commished.

27 rounds (instead of 30), start 10 on O and 10 on D (instead of 11/11). Scoring and rules exactly like the link above

2 qbs

2 or 3 rbs

3 or 4 wrs

1 or 2 tes

3 dls

3 lbs

3 dbs

1 Dflex

I'm pretty rusty having not played in years. I have 2 or 3 ready to join. This will be a learning experience for a couple of them. So we would need 6 or 7 strong idp guys to join us for a 10 teamer. 8 or 9 for a 12 teamer. The MFL site is $90 because this is a late start. If you want to help out, you can paypal me $7-9. If not, I'll pay for the site this year to get it going. My plan, if this fills, is to duplicate the old chaos next season if I get a good group here. I only ask anyone who wants in to respect the commitment, no quitters, no dead teams. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give this until the 24th to fill. If it does I will randomize immediately and open the slow draft. 

Format sounds great, just what I was looking for, I'm very interested.
well, shoot me a msg if you want to give it a go. have to say, I'm not too confident we get enough, but maybe it picks up this weekend. IF you always wanted your idp defenders to get the points respect of offensive guys, this is a kick in the pants. the guys drafting in the original version right now are pretty loyal to the concept.

Hi, Looking for an IDP league with 2 starting QB's.  Since this is only 10 team, would you consider having this?  If so, I would definitely join.  I absolutely love this league, https://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=10716&O=26 and would love to join a similar one.
Hey MT. That league is my baby. I would love to make this one just like that, but I doubt a 30 rd slow idp 2qb 2te mandatory league can fill or finish by opening day. If we do this watered down version, I promise next year there will be 2 Goid On Roids and any member here has a guaranteed seat. Can we flip to 2qbs at this point? Actually, I think so. There's only one current person joined I would have to ask. The others would love it like you.

I have several guys that would join if it was 2QB.  We just finished a 15 round defensive draft in 5 days.  We can do it.  Let's do it!  Count me in.

Welp, I put a feeler out on twitter at halftime of the game tonight. I got some hey how are yous and good to see yous, but no takers. 

We lost one and gained one. I said I wanted to fill by today and get this draft started. Looking at the original versions draft they are on rd 27 in exactly three weeks. We have less than that to the Thursday opener. The tradition there is no timer. Oddly it can speed things up. Ya know, use an 8 hr timer and someone is likely to chill when he's up and take his time deciding. Whereas with no timer you see the others predrafted and waiting so you pick away. And if someone gets in a situation they need the extra time, no timer helps him out. 

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm giving this two more days to start the draft. I think we just might make it. Fingers crossed. Hang in there, and be open minded to moving this to full on Goid on Roids starting lineups and rules. It's just adding 2tes and making the idps postition specific - a dt, s, cb. The guys I am waiting on on twitter will probably prefer that. Let's see what happens.

I am patient and have my fingers 🤞we can get there.  I think we should have a timer that shuts down overnight and restarts in the morning.  8 hours seems like a long time and I would suggest reducing it to get it done before the Thursday game. 

As far as IDP specific....I would caution against this unless there is specific scoring for each position so that one position is not undervalued because of the points it receives.  In the league I was commish, for example, the DT received more points for an INT that a DB, etc.

I am patient and have my fingers 🤞we can get there.  I think we should have a timer that shuts down overnight and restarts in the morning.  8 hours seems like a long time and I would suggest reducing it to get it done before the Thursday game. 

As far as IDP specific....I would caution against this unless there is specific scoring for each position so that one position is not undervalued because of the points it receives.  In the league I was commish, for example, the DT received more points for an INT that a DB, etc.
The scoring was vetted by Jene Bramel years ago. It works out nicely, but nothing is perfect.  I am interested in improvements like the example you give, but let's keep it simple for me this year. I haven't done this in 5 years, man. :)

I am cool w/ anything re: the timer during the day just as long as there's a reasonable overnight timer shutoff (where, of course, folks/late/early owls can still make picks), as MiamiTrade suggested.

I think we still have plenty of time before kickoff of the season -- I've started email drafts well after this that had no problem finishing by season kickoff -- just as long as everyone (or at least most) are diligent about checking in & making their picks when they get on the clock (rather than letting the clock run), so please give it a chance to fill up.

C'mon folks, the setup of this league is very interesting for idps & should be a lot of fun...join up!

I will be the 12th if we get to that number. 10 team not in.

I have played in these formats and they are great.

But IDP waters are deep and the damn waiver wire adds some pain......😆 

I will be the 12th if we get to that number. 10 team not in.

I have played in these formats and they are great.

But IDP waters are deep and the damn waiver wire adds some pain......😆 

I'd be interested (shawnp0001@aol.com) if this is a 12-team league...not fond of 10-team leagues

I'm going to send invites to both of you. No worries if we don't make 12 and you opt out. I much prefer 12 myself.

@Berlin dm email please.

TWELVE GUYS... 

LET'S GET THIS FILLED.

I have a strange error message on MFL franchise set up page. If you haven't received your invite, let me know. Might be a typo in an email or something. If you're on the site, show me. Say hello there. 

I'm expecting these last three spots to fill. I have one who said he would join if it got close to 12. Another who said he'd join, then changed his mind. But I said I'd twist his arm if it got close.

error fixed. only one person who's been invited has yet to join us. So we're at 9 invites sent, 8 on board. There's a check-in post on the message board. 

Lets go. Come take my money

3/4 more
If you've read the links I've posted in this thread you know that I won this thing 5 of its first 6 years. What I didn't add is I won 7 of the first 9 years. I tried to stay humble but I sure had some bragging rights. Then "the pros" like Bloom, Bramel, Ruds, Waldman, and a few staffers from other known sites started joining. 

I never won again. :)

Now I haven't played FF for 5 years. Not only that, I quit watching football. It's a long story but a few things just ended it for me. Covid boredom and missing the fun of drafting then rolling out of bed on Sundays to watch my guys drew me back in. 

But I'm so out of tune with the current crop of players, when Pitts was drafted in the only draft I have done this year; I thought it was kind of early for a defense. You guys will pwn me, but I'll get up to speed next year. 

Also, if any are wondering this is blind bidding for waivers. $1000 in fake money for the season, $1 increments for your bids. FCFS after blind bids are awarded.

In a slow draft starting tomorrow, we'll need to cover 2.25 rounds a day. I don't want anyone blindsided by these tweaked scoring rules, but at the same time I'm not holding anyone's hands. The best resource for this draft is probably the old version's current draft. It's linked in this thread. Massive QB run in the 1st two rounds this year. That's a first. 

Also since we added a qb, and I added an idp flex, it's 10 on offense and 10 on defense, so I extended the draft to 27 rounds. That's just 7 bench spots with 20 starting so waivers, byes, etc, are highlighted here. The last year I played, Rudnicki had a very average draft, but took us to school with in-season management. 

I also added three ir slots for players listed on IR or OUT or Covid. Be careful with the OUT designation. Player moves to doubtful it can lock your lineup.

How do you plan on determining draft order?
MFL has a randomizer. As soon as 12 are on board, I'll run it, post it here and there. Give everyone several hours to consider their spot then open the draft. If I get the first pick, I'll just take you know who and start it. Hmmm, maybe I should start it right away but y'all can take  your time for the first few picks.

Something funny about this league back in the day. JJWatt was taken first overall once... and it was the right choice. 

4:50 pm on the west coast. I'm taking my kid out for a bite and some shopping. So I will be away for a couple hours.

This is FIRST COME FIRST SERVED  for the last spot.

First to post IN THIS THREAD  gets the spot.

When I get back, hopefully we have out last spot filled.

Oh, MiamiTrade, Jaja got the invite but hasn't been to MFL.

Users who are viewing this thread