Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TE Juwan Johnson, NO

17 minutes ago, Runnyb said:

Might be a commissioner setting, I think I saw the option to edit their position eligibility.

I don't mess with that though, too much work and too much whining from year's past where RBs were listed as WRs and the junk with Taysom Hill listed as a TE at one point I believe.

Right, that's what I was thinking. The problem is I'm the commissioner in that particular league, so if I go in and change it and then pick him up....💣🤣

On 9/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, zamboni said:

There was some discussion in the waivers thread and trying to wrap my arms about whether he's worth a speculative pickup to replace Jonnu Smith at my backup TE spot (also own Kittle).

Pros: athletic profile, need for pass catchers in that offense, good red zone target

Cons: sharing time with Trautman, limited snap count/targets (at least in game one)

At the expense of chasing points, sometimes guys emerge from seemingly nowhere, and maybe he's one. Tight ends are always a crapshoot, so maybe worth the upside.

Thoughts on Juwan going forward?

Id rather have Jonnu. He looked awesome

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Id rather have Jonnu. He looked awesome

Same 

13 minutes ago, need2know said:

Am I crazy to drop tonyan for him

IMO, yes. 

• Thanks 1

I picked him up everywhere last week and even started him in one place as an Evan Engram replacement, but I wouldn't drop Jonnu or Tonyan for him (yet). I think he's the guy over Trautman in terms of fantasy, but the small snap count is definitely concerning. Will be curious to see how it comes out with a less weird game script.

• Like 1

Also in a CBS league where TEs get a 5 pt bonus at 50 yards but WRs get it at 100. Talked to commish, and since NFL.com, the Saints website, CBS own depth chart, ESPN, the broadcast, and Yahoo all have him as TE I got agreement that if he gets 50 yards he'll get the bonus manually until CBS fixes it. 

Just weird in 2021 that a major fantasy site has these mistakes on it. How does that happen?

1 hour ago, need2know said:

Am I crazy to drop tonyan for him

I was trying to draft Juwan Johnson before he was even available in draft queues to be drafted. Feel pretty confident I was on him before anyone else playing fantasy.

Saying that I don't think it's crazy, but I'd not do it either. In the end despite very different styles they profile similar in that I think both are fairly low target/hyper efficient players. Kind of players I like more in best ball formats. But I'm still going to give a little edge to Tonyan in targets and in general if you are a viable TE I just like players who are on the field more.  I expect a lot more snaps for Juwan coming up but even if he grabs the Jared Cook role in this offense, and I think he has/will, that was still only about 30 snaps and 4 targets a game last year.   I kind of feel like Tonyan will be good for something more in the 5 to at best 6 target range, and that uptick will make the difference in him being the better option and more consistent one.

5 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I was trying to draft Juwan Johnson before he was even available in draft queues to be drafted. Feel pretty confident I was on him before anyone else playing fantasy.

Saying that I don't think it's crazy, but I'd not do it either. In the end despite very different styles they profile similar in that I think both are fairly low target/hyper efficient players. Kind of players I like more in best ball formats. But I'm still going to give a little edge to Tonyan in targets and in general if you are a viable TE I just like players who are on the field more.  I expect a lot more snaps for Juwan coming up but even if he grabs the Jared Cook role in this offense, and I think he has/will, that was still only about 30 snaps and 4 targets a game last year.   I kind of feel like Tonyan will be good for something more in the 5 to at best 6 target range, and that uptick will make the difference in him being the better option and more consistent one.

Good thoughts - it's all about volume, which Juwan may not provide unless it's a perfect storm of injuries around him.

2 hours ago, profit said:

Regarding his CBS designation, it gets even weirder. I have 2 leagues with them, one indeed shows him as eligible in both the WR and TE slot. However, the other shows him as only WR eligible. WTH??

Yeah, the CBS Fantasy article on my league page, the weekly waiver wire advice column, with the priority add/drops, has him as the top TE pick and literally reads:

On CBS Sports leagues, Johnson is tight end eligible, but keep an eye on his position designation for the league you use because he might be listed as a wide receiver only. He's playing tight end for the Saints, and he had a strong Week 1 against the Packers with three catches for 21 yards and two touchdowns on three targets. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 3:58 PM, JFS171 said:

He ran 8 routes. How on earth could that production sustain on that level of offensive involvement?

Either he’s a red zone maven the likes of which we’ve not seen in some time, or this isn’t sustainable without a significant increase in routes run. 

Winston only had 24 dropbacks

it was a weird game

12 hours ago, profit said:

Right, that's what I was thinking. The problem is I'm the commissioner in that particular league, so if I go in and change it and then pick him up....💣🤣

Yeah that is messed up. Maybe announce it to the league then allow bidding on him this weekend? Tough spot man.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Runkle said:

Yeah, the CBS Fantasy article on my league page, the weekly waiver wire advice column, with the priority add/drops, has him as the top TE pick and literally reads:

Not in mine. But we go by what CBS does by default and is stated in our rules. Such a pain with requests from owners to change position eligibility, I ain't touching that one with a ten foot pole as commish.

2 hours ago, Quilman83 said:

Thinking of dropping him because Winston limits his upside in games where opponents put up a decent defense.

Worth a flier but I do believe I am out as well. I'll keep looking for that one breakout TE lol. In one league I have Kelce, in another Gronk, and in this one squat. Too bad Juwan most likely won't pan out. I heard chemistry between him and Winston so I tried it.

This is encouraging...

PUBLISHED MON SEP 20 1:34:42 P.M. ET 2021 

(RotoWire) Johnson caught one of three targets for 23 yards during Sunday's 26-7 loss to Carolina.

Analysis: After seeing 19 percent of the offensive snaps in Week 1, Johnson jumped to 41 percent Sunday while Adam Trautman fell from 82 to 52. While it's possible that game script played a large role in those disparities considering the Saints attempted nearly half as many rushing attempts compared to the season opener, Johnson saw three looks in both games, and it looks like he could have some sort of role in the passing game regardless of the situation. Next up is a Week 3 trip to New England.

12 hours ago, Krilons Resa said:

I'm holding.  It's not like this dart throw is any worse than the next one at TE.  At least there is upside here if they get their crap together.

Own him in two leagues and considering holding even playing him in one because "It's not like this dart throw is any worse than the next one at TE," Resa.

• Like 1

• Joe Bryant changed the title to TE Juwan Johnson, NO