What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unofficial Clarissa Ward thread (1 Viewer)

I generally agree most headlines are clickbait, but I don't agree. Multiple times in that video they were charged/surrounded by Taliban fighters. Plus she was told to cover her face. I consider that "accosted". Put yourself in her shoes.

For the record, here is the definition of accosted.

"approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively."

I generally agree most headlines are clickbait, but I don't agree. Multiple times in that video they were charged/surrounded by Taliban fighters. Plus she was told to cover her face. I consider that "accosted". Put yourself in her shoes.

For the record, here is the definition of accosted.

"approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively."
It seemed like her interpreter was telling her to cover her face while the Taliban fighter was turned the other way.  And she approached the Taliban fighter.  It didn't seem like he wanted much to do with her.

I'm sure there are way worse examples of mistreatment, but this encounter seemed a little 'clickbait' to me.  Maybe there was something prior that we didn't see on camera?

It seemed like her interpreter was telling her to cover her face while the Taliban fighter was turned the other way.  And she approached the Taliban fighter.  It didn't seem like he wanted much to do with her.

I'm sure there are way worse examples of mistreatment, but this encounter seemed a little 'clickbait' to me.  Maybe there was something prior that we didn't see on camera?
All I know is that I probably would have soiled myself in that situation, so I'm pretty comfortable with it being classified as being accosted. It certainly doesn't rise to the level of clickbait for me. If the headline had been "Wait until you see what the Taliban did to this female reporter", then that would have been clickbait.

Unfortunately I can't check her out.  I can't with a clear conscience support CNN in anyway.  Maybe if she switches to something else I might look her up.

Do hope shes safe however. 

We had a big fight over the word "accosted" in the PSF recently. Glad people have seen the light and are using the proper definition.

And she likely was accosted. No need to really quibble. Ask Lara Logan what can happen on-site when the mitts of radical Islamism can get to you. Ugly and deplorable acts of ungodly origin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread