What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank the Draft Slots (1 Viewer)

Hurl Bruce

Footballguy
I scrolled and searched and didn't see this anywhere, so...

12 Team PPR league, what order to you rank the draft slots for those who get to choose as part of the draft process?

I think I go with:

1. 3 - get one of the top 3 RBs
  2. 2 - same
  3. 1 - same
  4. 8 - Get stud WR or Kelce 
  5. 9 - same
  6. 4 - settle for Zeke or Henry
  7. 5 - same
  8. 10 - lots of options with good return in Rd 2
  9. 11 - same
  10. 12 - same
  11. 7 - tough decision on 2nd tier RB or start the WR route early
  12. 6 - same

Depending on the Scoring System of one's individual League, Kelce could go as high as #3. I play a lot of ppr TE-premium, and see quite a bit of this. That being the case, I'm not a fan of #3 because starting a Team with Kelce doesn't appeal to me. Under those conditions, I'm preferring anything between 5-8. Zeke, Henry, Adams, Hill are all fine foundational pieces, IMHO, although I find myself dodging Henry where I can, particularly in PPR, where I've opted for Ekeler or Diggs over Henry at #8. At 9-12, if things break right, one can come out of the turn with 2 of Ekeler/Jones/Taylor/Chubb, or if you're so inclined, Gibson or Barkley, which is enticing if you're an RB/RB guy, or Hill/Diggs/Ridley/Hopkins if you're a WR/WR guy, or any combo, sub in Waller for one if you choose. More opening scenarios is probably a good thing, rather than seeing what falls to you. The drawback for someone like myself who prefers 5-8, due mostly to being in a position where one isn't as likely to get caught on the wrong end of a run, is that from the time I make my 1st Round pick, I'm praying that Chubb comes back to me anywhere from 2.05 to 2.08. I prefer Chubb to Harris/Mixon/CEH. I can't tell you how many real and mock drafts I've been in where the Player at 1/2 doesn't cultivate his asset (McCaffrey/Cook) thoughtfully, and winds up blowing their draft. The potential return from CMC, and to a lesser extent, Cook is so valuable, one really has to put some effort into making subsequent foundational selections, so as not to blow the built-in advantage...but from the point of view of everyone else further down the board, it's a great feeling when that Owner isn't, and CMC gets neutralized.

1. 8 - I can land one of Adams/Zeke/Hill/Henry-Ekeler-Diggs, and have an excellent chance at Chubb at 2.05

2. 7 - same

3. 6 - same

4. 5 - same

5. 9. options aplenty between 9-17 for setting a foundation of various builds

6. 10 - same

7. 11 - same

8. 12 - same

9. 1 - CMC, but have to really concentrate on the build

10. 2 - Cook, but same situation as 1

11. 4 - Kamara the likely choice in Leagues I play in, but given the mess in NO, have to be extra careful with subsequent foundational picks

12. 3 - Kelce the likely choice in Leagues I play in, but I'd rather not have to build a Team around a 1st Rd TE, no matter who it is.

I'd always rather draft as high as possible as statistically the drop between each player gets smaller and smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread