What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Week 2: Notes, Observations & Discussion (1 Viewer)

King of the Jungle

Footballguy
Kylin Hill (RB Packers) and Khalil Herbert (RB Bears) are both favorites of mine and both been making plays. Jaret Patterson (RB WAS) appears to be taking no prisoners on his way to a roster spot. 

Not able to see a lot of these games, would love to get some takes from those that are watching.

Antonio Gibson looks good and is being utilized as a receiver on 1st and 2nd downs.  The rest of Washington's first team offense has been anemic, led by Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Buffalo’s running game may offer a bit more value than people think simply because the Bills are going to boat race some teams and run games out. Figuring out who will be the better fantasy RB between Moss and Singletary may not be so easy though. Both have looked good though Moss has already been dinged up.

Chuba Hubbard just might be a "must own" handcuff if you draft CMC.

They certainly don't seem shy about giving him a bunch of touches, and if something were to happen to CMC, he will likely be one of the most hotly sought after waiver wire adds.

Beat your league to the punch and get him on your benches now..... or late in your drafts.

TZM

Dobbins looks like a man among boys out there. LJax not even behind center with the option threat playing a vanilla offense & he’s busting 8+ yard runs like they’re on sale. 

I may jump him over Carson on my board. 

Chuba Hubbard just might be a "must own" handcuff if you draft CMC.

They certainly don't seem shy about giving him a bunch of touches, and if something were to happen to CMC, he will likely be one of the most hotly sought after waiver wire adds.

Beat your league to the punch and get him on your benches now..... or late in your drafts.

TZM
He didn’t look great on the 3rd & 1, but he had a nice stutter step & made great reads on that drive, I agree. 

I’m likely gonna target Hubbard even if don't have CMC. Looks really good. 

Dobbins looks like a man among boys out there. LJax not even behind center with the option threat playing a vanilla offense & he’s busting 8+ yard runs like they’re on sale. 

I may jump him over Carson on my board. 

Last year I was down on Dobbins.  I figured LJAX would steal some prime goal line TDs.........a Gus Edwards timeshare (and where in the F is Justice Hill who looked like a world beater at times in college) etc. etc.

This year, I'm much more inclined to get Dobbins.   Aren't virtually ALL their wideouts out injured?????  Might make Dobbins a very strong early season play, then sell him at max value 4-5 weeks into the season.

I'm sure I'll get him in spots though.

TZM

Malcolm Brown is a screen door in pass pro. They can’t run PA with him back there - the OL looks rough too. 

Gaskin starting to look better this week. His stock may rise back up. If his value is depressed due to the timeshare statements, I might invest late.

Malcolm Brown is a screen door in pass pro. They can’t run PA with him back there - the OL looks rough too. 

Gaskin starting to look better this week. His stock may rise back up. If his value is depressed due to the timeshare statements, I might invest late.
Last week, Doaks made a nice block on a blitz pickup. I think he makes the team. He plays special teams, maybe Brown is an inactive for some games.

Hope he's ok.  They were getting Waddle touches early and often and look to be drawing up lots of ways to get him out in space.  Should be a busy season if he's ok.

Training wheels on Tua, with top WRs out. But, they were going to Waddle on a post on the play where Brown got beat by the blitzer.

Gaskin 7 touches for 57 yards and a TD on the 1st drive. 

Malcolm Brown had one snap where he missed a block in pass protection. Gaskin with the other 10. Gaskin and Waddle accounted for all the yardage (Waddle 3/21)

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrace Marshall Jr. looks great again.  I know, I  know, pre-season, but we're in the pre-season thread.  I was a big fan coming out of college, and he just keeps making plays.

Malcolm Brown had one snap where he missed a block in pass protection. Gaskin with the other 10. Gaskin and Waddle accounted for all the yardage (Waddle 3/21)
Yeah - Gaslin starting to feel like a bargain unless this bumps his stock way up. What was his original ADP, mid-late 5th before Henderson? I’d pay the no problem depending on my needs.

If tonight is any indication, Gaskin is gonna catch 80 balls.  Tua throwing it to the RB a lot.
Yes, but no Parker, Fuller or Wilson tonight, who are all expected back in the regular season. Gaskin had a good elusiveness rating in college and you can see that when he's one on one catching the ball. He average 4 per game last year, which would put him at 68 this year, but only 10 from Tua in 3 games. My projection is 60. 

Yup. 

And so much passing game work.  People always preach how "it's against the backups."  And that's true.  But I think it's safe to say Tua has no problem dumping it off and Gaskin is going to benefit a lot.  The other dudes will eat into the rushing numbers, but I'm liking Gaskin.

Yes, but no Parker, Fuller or Wilson tonight, who are all expected back in the regular season. Gaskin had a good elusiveness rating in college and you can see that when he's one on one catching the ball. He average 4 per game last year, which would put him at 68 this year, but only 10 from Tua in 3 games. My projection is 60. 
Game 2 for Fuller. :(  

Two weeks in a row, Tua and Gesicki showing a great connection on a longer throw and a short throw in tight coverage. He's a top 10 TE with upside.

Shoot, your right. Hopefully there is a clear cut number one draft pick next year.
Unfortunately for you, it's that defensive lineman from Oregon, isn't it? Thibodeaux. 

People say Rattler from Oklahoma, but I think it's Howell from UNC.  Dark horse candidate is the Liberty QB Willis.  Dude's a stud, and if Lance shows out as a small-school guy in SF this year, that might give Detroit the courage they need to pull the trigger.

ETA: If Detroit can somehow be worse than Houston, which would be no small feat.

People say Rattler from Oklahoma, but I think it's Howell from UNC.  Dark horse candidate is the Liberty QB Willis.  Dude's a stud, and if Lance shows out as a small-school guy in SF this year, that might give Detroit the courage they need to pull the trigger.
Yeah, the drafniks have Thibodeaux, but we know it's Rattler or Howell. They're going QB. Have to when you pick that high. 

Who is on at ten tonight? Detrick Mills already in the game for Detroit. 

They're talking about the third linebacker rotation for the Stillers. 

I have Cephus in dynasty, he has the only two catches tonight for Detroit. Tyrell Williams is not playing, so it looks like Cephus is WR4 on the club. 

Who is on at ten tonight. Detrick Mills already in the game for Detroit. 

They're talking about the third linebacker rotation for the Stillers. 

Raiders/Rams will be a poop show.  Rams don't care at all.

Broncos/Seahawks could be decent if Pete plays some guys.

Yeah, probably a little hyperbole in 80, but 60 seems very reasonable.  

Raiders/Rams will be a poop show.  Rams don't care at all.

Broncos/Seahawks could be decent if Pete plays some guys.
Only getting Raiders/Rams as Rams is the local game. I'm going to have to channel hunt, even. 

Broncos/Seahawks sounds like an untelevised special. I'll have to wait on that. 

Guy is booming 65+ yards punting for Detroit. He's a keeper. 

Users who are viewing this thread