What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Eno Benjamin, NO (1 Viewer)

Eno Benjamin is expected to see more playing time and touches with Chase Edmonds (ankle) sidelined. 

Impressive athletically coming out of Arizona State in 2020, Benjamin had just two carries headed into Week 9. Edmonds went down with what appears to be a multi-week ankle injury and Benjamin saw nine carries -- one of which he took 21 yards for a touchdown. The explosive second year back has drawn praise from Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury. "Last year, he was trying to figure it out and I truly didn't know if he would make it," Kingsbury said of Benjamin. "This year he's like a different person, the work ethic, the focus. Any time he touches the ball he has a chance to do something special." Benjamin can be penciled in for eight to ten touches -- depending on game script -- while James Conner leads the Arizona backfield in the coming weeks. He should be picked up in all 12-team leagues. Benjamin would become an instant RB2 if Conner were to miss time. 

RELATED: 

James Conner

SOURCE: AZCardinals.com 

Nov 9, 2021, 12:38 PM ET

Did people pick up Eno this week? If so are people hoping/expecting for 10-12 touches?
I picked him up everywhere I needed someone and in places I didn't need anyone. I probably won't be starting him except in one or two spots but yeah 10 to 12 sounds right to me and I do think he produces. I am not very confident about Edmonds coming back from a HAS anytime soon and the door is open for Eno. *Could* be huge for teams that need that for these last few weeks of the FF reg season.

It depends on your start sit options but yeah I think he will be involved.

He went a lot cheaper than I was expecting last night. I think owners have inseason waiver fatigue. 
He was already rostered in one dynasty league, I was too low in waiver priority to get him in another (I'd cut him about a week and a half ago. Same thing with Alex Collins. Yup. This year has sucked) and he went for a little over forty percent of the FAAB in another league I was in.

I think people were a little hesitant to bid too much on him because Conner is there and immediately stepped into a dominant role in that offense.

My own thoughts are that Eno isn't that great and if Jonathan Ward exits concussion protocol, you might see them auditioning for who gets the carries and touches. Waldman had Ward as a guy to watch in his 2020 RSP and was also high on Benjamin, so who knows?

I think Ward is a better runner and was never impressed by Benjamin, but my ### could be completely backwards in that assessment.

Yes, and yes.  I am (well was) a Chase Edmonds owner and dropped him for Benjamin.  Hoping he takes the Edmonds role and maybe even gets a little redzone love.
This is my hope as well. I think AZ is well aware of Conner's injury history as a full time runner. Eno should have a decent amount of touches. I'm just looking for some nice flex type points. 

I think people were a little hesitant to bid too much on him because Conner is there and immediately stepped into a dominant role in that offense.

My own thoughts are that Eno isn't that great
Just coachspeak but Kingsbury thinks he took a step from last year. And he looked really good last week. A lot of people didn't bid at all. I have tempered expectations. Mostly just a stash for now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/qr1tnm/calvisi_kingsbury_says_azcardinals_rb_eno/

Picked him up in my keeper league - not starting him this week, but doing a wait and see - gauge if will have short term flex potential while Edmonds is out.

Both Edmonds and Connor are free agents after this year - stranger things have happened - maybe Eno flashes well and he becomes locked in as half of a potent RBBC for next year. 

Kyle Odegard @Kyle_Odegard

It wouldn't surprise me if Eno Benjamin wins the No. 2 RB role for the Cardinals. I've heard a lot of good things about his progress.
https://twitter.com/kyle_odegard/status/1540374162283167747?s=21

Tyler Drake @Tdrake4sports

Kliff Kingsbury has raved about him this offseason.

Darrel Williams has the resume, but is nowhere near a lock for the No. 2 spot with Eno Benjamin's progression.
https://twitter.com/tdrake4sports/status/1540375538757341184?s=21

I've got eyes on him.  I thought he looked good late last year to the point where I think Conner could be overdrafted.

Definitely.  Put me in the camp that has a hard time believing Conner stays healthy another season.  He's also due for pretty massive TD regression.  Maybe they'll try to limit his load to keep him healthy.  

got a deep 12 team draft coming up and looking to throw a late dart at eno. picking in the 8 slot, 5 rounds. 

do i take him at 4.08, 5.08, or hope i can scoop him on wire afterwards?  obviously the later the better.

leaning toward 5.08.  TIA

eta:  i just learned how to spell acquire.   :bowtie:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said he is "really impressed" with Eno Benjamin.

"Each year he has just gotten progressively better," Kingsbury said. "He's one of the hardest workers on the team now. Always upbeat, always into it. Just really come a long way." Despite the signing of Darrel Williams and drafting Keontay Ingram, Benjamin's work ethic and knowledge of the offense give him a realistic chance of being James Conner's sidekick in the backfield. Chase Edmonds left behind 159 touches in 2021. Should Benjamin earn the RB2 role on the Cardinals' offense, it will immediately raise his fantasy value.
SOURCE: azcardinals.com
Aug 9, 2022, 7:26 PM ET

The Athletic's Doug Haller reports that RB Eno Benjamin may have secured the Cardinals' No. 2 running back job.​

Haller notes that the Cardinals appeared to be signing Darrel Williams as a replacement for Chase Edmonds, but Williams may have lost the No. 2 job to Benajmin. Benjamin, the Cardinals' seventh-round pick in 2020, "has forced the organization to keep him. And now he has forced his way onto the field." Rather than being a one-for-one replacement for Edmonds, Benjamin or Williams is more likely to be a passing down option behind Conner. Still, given the value of this backfield, Benjamin is a strong late-round pick.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Sep 1, 2022, 9:27 AM ET

The Athletic's Doug Haller reports that RB Eno Benjamin may have secured the Cardinals' No. 2 running back job.​

Haller notes that the Cardinals appeared to be signing Darrel Williams as a replacement for Chase Edmonds, but Williams may have lost the No. 2 job to Benajmin. Benjamin, the Cardinals' seventh-round pick in 2020, "has forced the organization to keep him. And now he has forced his way onto the field." Rather than being a one-for-one replacement for Edmonds, Benjamin or Williams is more likely to be a passing down option behind Conner. Still, given the value of this backfield, Benjamin is a strong late-round pick.
This guy has flown under the radar all offseason. I've tried to take advantage where I could.

My efforts to acquire him despite him being "on the trade block" have been rebuffed with no counters.

I guess Mark Ingram (for the Kamara owner) and a 4th was too cheap. :-)

He's certainly a reasonable last round RB bench stash guy.

This guy has flown under the radar all offseason. I've tried to take advantage where I could.

I have him a ton of leagues, 2/3 dynasties, 3/3 redrafts, and about 10/20 best balls.

He was so cheap and Connor is so injury prone.

My efforts to acquire him despite him being "on the trade block" have been rebuffed with no counters.

I guess Mark Ingram (for the Kamara owner) and a 4th was too cheap. :-)

He's certainly a reasonable last round RB bench stash guy.
I don't think Ingram offers as much upside as Eno does. Also, I think Eno is worth more than Ingram.

Eno Benjamin had four rushes for 28 yards in the Cardinals' Week 1 loss to the Chiefs, adding three catches for 33 yards.

Benjamin was effective as a rusher and pass catcher as he saw extended run in the second half of a blowout loss to Kansas City. Benjamin saw his three targets on just 12 routes. His usage makes it clear Benjamin is the insurance back behind James Conner and should be rostered by managers stocking up on RBs who could find a path to weekly volume. He poses little threat to Conners' top-dog status, however.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Eno Benjamin rushed eight times for 31 yards in the Cardinals' Week 2 overtime win over the Raiders, adding three receptions for 20 additional yards.​

With James Conner landing on the shelf early in the third quarter with an ankle issue, Benjamin and Darrel Williams formed a committee. Although the snaps and touches were close to even, it was Williams who seemed to be the first choice in short-yardage/goal-line situations. Benjamin also failed to put Williams away in the passing game, with the ex-Chief snagging two passes. Both will need to be added if Conner ends up missing time, but Sunday suggested Williams has a narrow claim to "1A" status.
Sep 18, 2022, 10:23 PM ET

Cardinals' Eno Benjamin: Busy game off the bench

Benjamin ran for 25 yards and one touchdown on eight carries against Philadelphia on Sunday while catching three passes for 28 yards on four targets.

Benjamin rose to the occasion after James Conner (ribs) and Darrel Williams (knee) left with injuries, and it marks another solid showing by the emerging third-year back. If either of Conner or Williams can't play in Week 6 then it could be a breakout setup for Benjamin, as the Cardinals face off against a Seattle defense that seemingly can't stop anyone.

How is there no chatter on this guy? If both Darrell Williams and Conner are out, he's an easy lock for RB2 numbers. If both those guys are out long-term, which is a real possibility with how they're adding RB depth on the team right now, then he has potential league-winner status.

Users who are viewing this thread