What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Name some players you are targeting in REDRAFT (1 Viewer)

TVT 0 N S T A

Footballguy
Simply put, who are players the Sharks are targeting in REDRAFT and plan to own plenty of shares.  Why?

ADP?  Situation?  What about that player(s) makes them the apple of your eye?

Guys I like at or better than their FBG ADP:
QB - Stafford/Cousins
RB - Ekeler, Carson, Sermon, Lindsay, Xavier Jones
WR - OBJ, Jeudy, AB, Robby Anderson

Aside from Ekeler, most of these are backup fallers if someone reaches for a target of mine. I always have a ton of contingencies. Every year I seem to snag players similar to these who drop and get production.

Guys I'm Targeting in Most Formats

Jonathan Taylor

JK Dobbins

Trey Sermon

Javonte Williams

Jerry Jeudy

Terry McLaurin

Diontae Johnson

Antonio Brown

Waddle

Corey Davis

M. Calloway

Cee Dee Lamb

Logan Thomas

Irv Smith

In on the receivers because of ADP.  Is that the same reason you're gunning for Jacobs?  Kenyan Drake worry you at all?
I am expecting to get Jacobs in a lot of drafts. I don't think Drake changes Jacobs workload at all. Drake will get most of the work on passing downs, but that isn't different than last year. Jacobs is a low end RB 1 being drafted as s low end RB 2.

DK Metcalf  proj ~ WR6, mid-to-late 2nd

Tyler Lockett proj ~ WR18, mid-to-late 4th

IMHO, both wind up around WR12, and I'm all over Lockett at that price.

Agree wholeheartedly about Jacobs, and you can get him in the 5th.

There's a whole lot of upside to drafting Gallup in the late 8th/early 9th. Few WR with 68/1100/7 reasonable outcomes available in the WR41 range.

At WR I am targeting Kupp or Woods, Jeudy, OBJ, and Antonio Brown.    Stafford is a big upgrade over Goff, I think Bridgewater is going to be the QB in DEN which helps Jeudy more than Sutton, OBJ is just criminally undervalued....sure he's past his prime but it still a really talented WR if he can stay healthy, and why would you pay Evans/Godwin prices when you you can get Brown much later?  Brown could easily be a league winner if something happens to Evans or Godwin.

At RB I am targeting Gibson and Carson.  Both I love as low end RB1s but you can get Gibson in the middle of round 2 and Carson in round 3

At QB I am targeting Dak or Brady.  Both are likely to throw for over 5000 yards and 34-40 TDs and you can get them in Round 5 or 6.

At TE I am targeting Fant, Higbee and Irv Smith.  I am likely going to wait on TE this year and these are my 3 targets.

TVT 0 N S T A said:
Did a draft last night and Jacobs went at 3.04 😲  That is too rich for me, but I agree in the 5th I would have paid up.  
Yikes.  Did you snicker at that one?  5th round is fine, but 28th overall........LOL.

Yikes.  Did you snicker at that one?  5th round is fine, but 28th overall........LOL.

I enjoyed it immensely and thought I had a lot of value plummet to me based on peculiar picks.  I, like you, was high on Carson but he went end of 3rd after I picked Mixon.  I ended up with Joe Mixon at 3.07 and then D'Andre Swift at 4.04 - I know you don't seem to be high on Lions players but at that point in the draft I got him way outside of his ADP.  It allowed me to really push trends and I felt like I forced a lot of people to overdraft the RB position.  

At WR I am targeting Kupp or Woods, Jeudy, OBJ, and Antonio Brown.    Stafford is a big upgrade over Goff, I think Bridgewater is going to be the QB in DEN which helps Jeudy more than Sutton, OBJ is just criminally undervalued....sure he's past his prime but it still a really talented WR if he can stay healthy, and why would you pay Evans/Godwin prices when you you can get Brown much later?  Brown could easily be a league winner if something happens to Evans or Godwin.

At RB I am targeting Gibson and Carson.  Both I love as low end RB1s but you can get Gibson in the middle of round 2 and Carson in round 3

At QB I am targeting Dak or Brady.  Both are likely to throw for over 5000 yards and 34-40 TDs and you can get them in Round 5 or 6.

At TE I am targeting Fant, Higbee and Irv Smith.  I am likely going to wait on TE this year and these are my 3 targets.

I agree with most of your WR's - really was in love with the Rams WR, but had to make the choice of shoring up RB position and grabbing WR talent later.  I think OBJ and Antonio Brown are being vastly underdrafted versus their potential.  Was glad to get OBJ as my WR3/Flex.  Love Dak - afraid of Brady.  I have steered clear of Brady the last couple years fearing a catastrophic fall out of the top 10 and it just hasn't happened, but I don't want to be here for his going away party. 

QB: None

RB: Miles Sanders, Chase Edmonds, Javonte Williams

WR: DK Metcalf, Courtland Sutton, Laviska Shenault

TE: Travis Kelce

Put me down for Kupp too

I'm also targeting the 49ers backfield. It's going to be gold this year and if you can lock it down you are laughing

Love Dak - afraid of Brady.  I have steered clear of Brady the last couple years fearing a catastrophic fall out of the top 10 and it just hasn't happened, but I don't want to be here for his going away party. 
Rules don't apply to Tom Brady.....doesn't seem like it.  If you're worried about Brady falling off the cliff, get a decent backup.  Me, I will take Brady and swing for the fences with Fields or Lance.  That said, I would rather have Dak.

I thought like you....I avoided Brady last year.

My highest exposures must be the guys I am actually advocating to draft, so...

QB: Russell Wilson, Jalen Hurts

RB: Gus Edwards, Damien Williams

WR: Bryan Edwards, Tyler Boyd, Tyler Lockett, Terrace Marshall, Byron Pringle 

TE: Darren Waller

Note: This is Best Ball so I have eliminated the players who are too deep for redraft or who just don't make sense for redraft 

On the very end of re-drafts.

All should be available, feel free to flame away.🔥 ( but check reports/ and camp reports before you do)

Parris Campbell 

Darius Slayton

Preston Williams ((Yeah yeah I know) but, but would be nice to see a full 17 games.

Targeting:

QB: Jameis Winston - Payton is arrogant and stubborn as all hell, he's not going to change a thing from the Brees style of pass happy offense. I think there's so much value here relative to ADP it just can't be ignored.

Tannethrill - this offense looks even better than last season , at least so far in preseason it looks  stacked and primed for a major step forward. albeit at the expense of D. Henry. He's going to have a massive regression simply because of the sheer number of carries he's had over the past two seasons. that, and the fact that not one 2k+ rusher has ever gone past 1400 yards rushing the following season. 

Dak Prescott

Zach Wilson

RB:

Gus Edwards, anywhere, everywhere I can find him I'm grabbing him, don't care if it's two rounds too early. He's going to have a breakout season. Ingram is gone, and can Dobbins really be trusted? read up on the stats of Gus Edwards, you'll be very impressed.

Javonte Williams

Michael Cartter - Jets o-line is going to be much better than anticipated. Jets RBs are useless scrubs except for Carter. cream rises to the top, he's going to be the starting RB sooner rather than later. Wilson looks legit, he'll keep defenses honest. 

WR:

J. Jeudy

From Greg Rosenthal's own words on NFL.com:

"DeVonta Smith: I don't care that he dropped a few passes, especially the ones thrown late and behind him by Joe Flacco. I do care that he's back on the field getting wide open against quality competition like New England's J.C. Jackson. Smith's route-running jumps off the screen." 

Brandon Aiyuk

The Steelers TE with the name you can't remember, Freirmuth.

Users who are viewing this thread