What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ford Maverick is set to release and it's going to make truck buyers out of some of us. Over 100,000 reserved already (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
@shuke in another thread on used vehicles made me realize that my '14 Volvo S60(90k miles) was worth more than I could have imagined right now, I was very out of touch with the used car market but I knew used trucks were selling for outrageous numbers loaded with miles on them so I wasn't shocked but it has me thinking that now is the time to sell that car and get into something new.

I know the ride is going to be much different but for practical purposes in my life now, I don't need a sedan but might prefer something more flexible that I can use if needed for work and other things that limit in a car. For example, my wife and I are avid used furniture shoppers, we like MCM and antiques, it would be nice to have something besides her SUV to pop things into the back of when we are and about and find things. 

These trucks are being heralded by my son who has an old Ford Ranger that he paid a whopping $1,500 for and has driven it now for 2--3 years and I swear its in better shape now than when he bought it. Ford is one of the best when it comes to trucks, I'm sure others swear by Dodge Ram just as an example but i see a lot of Ford Trucks on the road and their owners seem like they have very little issues. 

With used cars hard to buy maybe I could have an easier time securing one of these even if I have to wait 3-4 months for the right color, there's no real time crunch here. With the Volvo worth $10k even though the book says $6-$7k but on dealer lots they are listed for $12k-$15k like mine, I would think $10k private sell would do the trick.  These trucks brand new have an MSRP of $20k, $22k but let's get real, with bells and whistles I am guessing a lot close to the $30k range and perhaps a lot more from there 🤷‍♂️  

But it appears they are marketing this as an affordable truck and i would expect the reception of these right now in America, you're going to see them pop up everywhere. Is anyone already thinking about or secured one already? 

Cheers!

There's a Hybrid that gets 40 miles to the gallon I'm told.

In an XLT model with the better gas, starting price over $23k and then you have options but you still are only about $25k-$26k and for a brand new truck in this market, seems like an absolute steal right now. 

Or you can go with a base XL little less gas mileage but you can keep the costs down to a minimal if you can rough it a bit. I like leather and don't see that as an option but again probably jacks the truck price way up and they are marketing to everyday Americans here, I like that. 

@shuke in another thread on used vehicles made me realize that my '14 Volvo S60(90k miles) was worth more than I could have imagined right now, I was very out of touch with the used car market but I knew used trucks were selling for outrageous numbers loaded with miles on them so I wasn't shocked but it has me thinking that now is the time to sell that car and get into something new.
I spoiled myself with 17 Raptor in 19. Loved it for awhile but in the end found myself driving my Fusion plug-in more. When I saw this used market for Raptors, like you I couldn't believe the prices. I paid 53.5 two years ago. I advertised it for 60 and got it quickly. Just wth. So this is the 2nd time since 1978 (hs) that I have been without a truck. I'm waiting for an all electric one. 

There's a Hybrid that gets 40 miles to the gallon I'm told.

In an XLT model with the better gas, starting price over $23k and then you have options but you still are only about $25k-$26k and for a brand new truck in this market, seems like an absolute steal right now. 

I wonder what top of the line ones run? I bet leather without 4 wheel drive is mid 30's still.

Redwes25 said:
Man I hate trucks and SUVs. They all drive like crap. Guess if you need to haul stuff around I get the flatbed but I just don’t understand these everywhere. 
And yet I hear from most folks that trucks actually are what roads are designed for more and they ride like a dream...but I am ith you that leaving a comfy leather Volvo seems crazy for a trade up to a truck...but the price and the things you could do with it draw me in. Hauling things is a very good reason to own one, yes. 

Redwes25 said:
Man I hate trucks and SUVs. They all drive like crap. Guess if you need to haul stuff around I get the flatbed but I just don’t understand these everywhere. 
We have a Pilot and it's a pretty darn comfortable ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maverick Lariat AWD FX4 with ecoboost, there's a lot of these on youtube but this was a customer making a purchase and I thought he did a decent job of showing the truck off. The interior looked like leather so some of these get fancy. 

Seems like we are still under $30k which seems like a decent deal. 

My one concern is how low they sit to the ground as others have mentioned it's close to being a sedan in many ways. 

Maverick Lariat AWD FX4 with ecoboost, there's a lot of these on youtube but this was a customer making a purchase and I thought he did a decent job of showing the truck off. The interior looked like leather so some of these get fancy. 

Seems like we are still under $30k which seems like a decent deal. 

My one concern is how low they sit to the ground as others have mentioned it's close to being a sedan in many ways. 
The Maverick looks like a Ranger mated with a golf cart.  I could see this being popular for people that don't own trucks now and looking for a hip compact SUV/CUV alternate that rides more like a sedan. 

But if you think you need a truck and don't want a full sized one, the Colorado and Ranger are really quite awesome and legit pickups.  I downsized from a Sierra to a Colorado and don't miss the full size much.  I can tow just as much, and the tailgate drops for 84" which is just fine for 10' lumber or kayaks.   Anything bigger than that and I'm hooking up the trailer anyway.          

The Maverick looks like a Ranger mated with a golf cart.  I could see this being popular for people that don't own trucks now and looking for a hip compact SUV/CUV alternate that rides more like a sedan. 

But if you think you need a truck and don't want a full sized one, the Colorado and Ranger are really quite awesome and legit pickups.  I downsized from a Sierra to a Colorado and don't miss the full size much.  I can tow just as much, and the tailgate drops for 84" which is just fine for 10' lumber or kayaks.   Anything bigger than that and I'm hooking up the trailer anyway.          
Had a 2016 Colorado and really liked it.  Had the Z71 and it drove and rode well, but had it in for a repair on the driver seat and got a Colorado WT as a loaner and would not have been happy with it as my vehicle.  Rode rough and way under powered.

Sat in a Ranger recently when looking for a new vehicle and it didn't have near the room as the Colorado.  I am 6'4" and had to tilt my head to not touch the roof of the cab when sitting in it, not nearly the seat adjustment or room of the Colorado.  Like the looks of the Ranger but no way could I drive it very far and be anywhere near comfortable.

I agree with all this and just want to add that IMHO the Nissan Frontier with the 6’ bed is the best small truck you can buy for the money. It’s ancient but proven, cheap and capable. 

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I wonder what top of the line ones run? I bet leather without 4 wheel drive is mid 30's still.
The Lariat I priced out was $36k.  Pass. 

I know the ride is going to be much different but for practical purposes in my life now, I don't need a sedan but might prefer something more flexible that I can use if needed for work and other things that limit in a car. For example, my wife and I are avid used furniture shoppers, we like MCM and antiques, it would be nice to have something besides her SUV to pop things into the back of when we are and about and find things. 

These trucks are being heralded by my son who has an old Ford Ranger that he paid a whopping $1,500 for and has driven it now for 2--3 years and I swear its in better shape now than when he bought it. Ford is one of the best when it comes to trucks, I'm sure others swear by Dodge Ram just as an example but i see a lot of Ford Trucks on the road and their owners seem like they have very little issues. 

With used cars hard to buy maybe I could have an easier time securing one of these even if I have to wait 3-4 months for the right color, there's no real time crunch here. With the Volvo worth $10k even though the book says $6-$7k but on dealer lots they are listed for $12k-$15k like mine, I would think $10k private sell would do the trick.  These trucks brand new have an MSRP of $20k, $22k but let's get real, with bells and whistles I am guessing a lot close to the $30k range and perhaps a lot more from there 🤷‍♂️  

But it appears they are marketing this as an affordable truck and i would expect the reception of these right now in America, you're going to see them pop up everywhere. Is anyone already thinking about or secured one already? 

Cheers!

Since I sell to the big 3 and have been in meetings with Ford this Marverick looks to be a huge winner.  The F-150 price tag keeps getting higher and as do sales but they needed to tap into the 20-25K market with a sharp truck and are expecting huge sales for years to come.

Since I sell to the big 3 and have been in meetings with Ford this Marverick looks to be a huge winner.  The F-150 price tag keeps getting higher and as do sales but they needed to tap into the 20-25K market with a sharp truck and asre expecting huge sales for years to come.
The Ford Taurus when it was released was an instant hit. 

The Ford Explorer when it was released was an instant hit. 

I think Maverick will break the trend of some of their more recent failures like perhaps the Flex which i think they stopped selling quickly and they also IIRC were pretty dang expensive which held a lot of people back. This truck is going to make a lot of blue collar working types very happy and I think it will appeal to some who want to start with a beginner's truck or 2nd vehicle perhaps. I will say though it has a very rubber look inside of it. I don't expect it to be luxurious either, it's a truck. 

I think Maverick will break the trend of some of their more recent failures like perhaps the Flex which i think they stopped selling quickly and they also IIRC were pretty dang expensive which held a lot of people back. This truck is going to make a lot of blue collar working types very happy and I think it will appeal to some who want to start with a beginner's truck or 2nd vehicle perhaps. I will say though it has a very rubber look inside of it. I don't expect it to be luxurious either, it's a truck. 
Flex was around for 11 years. It was a great car if tou could get past the exterior shape. 

How long is the f150 the #1 selling truck now that Ford is going to have several trucks to compete with it?  

The inside rubber look is probably because it's the inside of the bronco sport, no?  

36k for a leather lariat, that's +40k out the door.  About the same as my ranger.

How long is the f150 the #1 selling truck now that Ford is going to have several trucks to compete with it?  

The inside rubber look is probably because it's the inside of the bronco sport, no?  

36k for a leather lariat, that's +40k out the door.  About the same as my ranger.
This will be 45 years of Leadership for F-Series.
Interior looks nothing like the inside of a Bronco Sport. 
Ranger is bigger and body on frame. Really not going after the same customer. Way more urban feel.  Majority of dealer stock will fall between $25-28K. 

This will be 45 years of Leadership for F-Series.
Interior looks nothing like the inside of a Bronco Sport. 
Ranger is bigger and body on frame. Really not going after the same customer. Way more urban feel.  Majority of dealer stock will fall between $25-28K. 
Urban feel truck?  I am sure it will sell well but Ford has given up selling to city dwellers. 

First Mavericks hit the ground this week. Surprisingly more interior room than I expected. 

Not so.  I have a 2014 Honda Ridgeline and it drives great.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it all over again.

Just bought an F150 yesterday. Will be picking it up next Saturday.

The F150's drive like a dream. I had to sell mine 11 years ago when my daughter was born and I had three kids in car seats. 

Just bought an F150 yesterday. Will be picking it up next Saturday.

The F150's drive like a dream. I had to sell mine 11 years ago when my daughter was born and I had three kids in car seats. 
Congrats!  Which engine did you get?  Inventory is still pretty tight in KC. 

Nugget said:
Congrats!  Which engine did you get?  Inventory is still pretty tight in KC. 
I got the 5.0 V8. 

I got pretty lucky. My wife’s old 2004 Suburban is sucking down anti-freeze, so we needed a vehicle quickly. We need something to haul our boat, so we decided on another F150 pretty quickly. We don’t need the big SUV anymore - all three kids will fit in the SuperCrew of the truck with ease.

One of my college buddies works for a Ford dealer in a small town south of KC, so I told him a few months ago we were on the look-out. They had this one coming in from the plant in KC, so it all just happened to work out.

I got the 5.0 V8. 

I got pretty lucky. My wife’s old 2004 Suburban is sucking down anti-freeze, so we needed a vehicle quickly. We need something to haul our boat, so we decided on another F150 pretty quickly. We don’t need the big SUV anymore - all three kids will fit in the SuperCrew of the truck with ease.

One of my college buddies works for a Ford dealer in a small town south of KC, so I told him a few months ago we were on the look-out. They had this one coming in from the plant in KC, so it all just happened to work out.
I have two orders in at Louisburg Ford - Bronco and Lightning. 

Spike said:
Not so.  I have a 2014 Honda Ridgeline and it drives great.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd do it all over again.

You mean the minivan that they gave a truck bed. That is modified Honda Odyssey. Not going to argue it may be convenient but don’t tell me it drives great. 

It's always been a best selling *in class.  

I have two orders in at Louisburg Ford - Bronco and Lightning. 
Both of those are awesome.

I would love to get the Lightning - just can't wait for it. Will be cool to see those on the road when they get here. 

Users who are viewing this thread