What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Brain Pain (1 Viewer)

Coach777

Footballguy
Grinding over who to keep!

12 team - Half point PPR, 17 rounds, snake redraft  other keepers in the league are Zeke (round 2.01), Ridley 4.11, Wilson 7.03, Lamb 6.09, Kamara 16.08, Diggs 6.07, Mahomes 1.07, Ekeler 6.05, Kielce 3.09, Henry 1.11, Gibson 9.12.

lineups are 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 flex, 1TE, 1K, 1DST 

Drafting in the 10 spot. I need one keeper from this list;

McCaffery at 1.10

Jonathan Taylor 4.03

David Montgomery 17.10

I know CMC is the undisputed number one pick, but that’s a large price. Taylor and Monty are less of a draft hit, but both have questions. If I keep Taylor or Monty, I’m leaving CMC for the first pick and that guy will have CMC and Zeke with his first two picks. He’d potentially be tough to catch. 

Been grinding over this one. 

Any help?

In a one keeper league you always keep the best player and that is CMC.  There is some leeway if you can work the system to keep someone else and still get CMC but that isn't the case here.

The only other consideration for me is it appears this a keep forever league based on Kamara being kept in the 16th round.  That does give some value to keeping Taylor as a 4th round keeper for the next 3-4 years.  I still think you keep CMC but it's closer

Thanks, Gally. My thoughts exactly. Keeping Taylor gives my a shot at another decent RB at1.10. As opposed to what might be available at 2.03. I know those four picks between them will be RB heavy. It’s close but CMC led me to 3 trophies in a row! . Until last year when he was injured.

CMC would be my choice as well. as stated above, in a 1-player keeper, I always want the best player. The "Value" of Taylor in the 4th does make it interesting, but if it were my team, I'd rather have CMC at 1.10, then BPA at 2.03 (heck, might even be Taylor). 

Leaving the 1st 2 rounds, I'd feel better with (I assume more top RB's will also be kept):

• CMC + BPA at 2.03
than

• best RB at 1.10, BPA at 2.03 (even knowing Taylor is in-hand)

I'm in a somewhat similar dilemma, but with 4 keepers the strategy is a bit different. Take a look:

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/799410-which-draft-slot-keepers-do-i-choose-whir/

Users who are viewing this thread