What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How to counter a compensation for a promotion - advice needed (1 Viewer)

cubd8

Footballguy
Hello,

I am trying to assist a friend who interviewed and was just offered a promotion with her company. The offer is not bad, probably at about the mid-way point (or close), but I know from past experience that if she asks for a more, she will likely get it. 

I want to make sure I'm providing her good verbiage in her response and any advice for how much she should ask for. I am 100% certain the company will not put up a fight as long as she is reasonable so want to make sure I encourage her to be confident and push for a bit more cash considering that she has earned it and you only get one shot at this.

Any advice as too how she should communicate her desire for a higher starting salary than has been offered?

Thank you!

Hello,

I am trying to assist a friend who interviewed and was just offered a promotion with her company. The offer is not bad, probably at about the mid-way point (or close), but I know from past experience that if she asks for a more, she will likely get it. 

I want to make sure I'm providing her good verbiage in her response and any advice for how much she should ask for. I am 100% certain the company will not put up a fight as long as she is reasonable so want to make sure I encourage her to be confident and push for a bit more cash considering that she has earned it and you only get one shot at this.

Any advice as too how she should communicate her desire for a higher starting salary than has been offered?

Thank you!
did they make her an offer or ask her for a number?  

They did make an offer. It's respectable, but I think she can get a little more if she asks.
i would thank them for the offer and say i’m excited about the opportunity and getting started, but i was seeking compensation of $x.  i’d love to discuss this at your earliest convenience.  something like that

Users who are viewing this thread