What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is Etienne's value now in dynasty? (1 Viewer)

He is now worth a 2022....

• Early first

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Mid first

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Late first

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • Early second

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Mid second

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Late second

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Third+

Votes: 7 7.2%

• Total voters

tombonneau

Footballguy
Thought this might be helpful for dynasty buyers & sellers. In various forums seems like consensus for current drafts is Etienne is late first/ early second, with solid conjecture that if the worst team is picking first he likely won't pass them at 2.1

But as far as 2022, I'm curious what the SP puts his value at in draft capital. Because essentially he is coming in like a player injured their last year of college. And recency in the NFL shows us for top prospects there is not much of a discount on those players in the NFL or dynasty drafts. Gurley, while a higher rated prospect, is good example of a player pretty much holding their value.

If I'm a contender (which I am in one league) I'd look to buy for a late 22 first. I think that's a great risk. You will never get a shot at that kind of talent in that range. For the buyers, obviously you have to make that move early as they will have to hope that it turns into a higher pick, so there is some risk for both sides.

Also really curious in commentary of perceived value on both sides of market to see if there is any disconnect. I described scenario above where I'd look to buy, but in my other league where I'd be selling, as a contender I would need an asset producing in 2021, I wouldn't care about getting back first value as I see that as an even swap. So I'd speculate you could only buy for people who are super spooked he'll never recover.

Last edited by a moderator:
he won't play all year, and will face a new batch of top rookies next year. he looked pretty average and uninspiring in camp

Nothing...Abdullah is a good comparison.  He will bounce around for a couple of years and that will be it

I look at it this way. And this is just me totally making up numbers...

A top half of the 1st pick has about a 75% chance of making it.

A bottom half of the first is about 50%.

An early 2nd has about a 30% chance.

Since I now think it's about 50/50 that Etienne comes back with no issues - it would take a late first to get him from me. But I would take that late 1st.

This probably belongs in the "worst trade" thread, but I'm trying to find humor in the Etienne situation.

I put him out as trade bait in a Zealots league with the note "I still think he's worth a late 1st. Risk/reward players, come and get him!"

So a guy immediately offers Leonard Fournette. :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh I see. He thinks LF is the lead back in Tampa. Double :rolleyes:

I drafted him in a startup dynasty this year.  Someone just offered me a 2022 2nd and 4th.

I rejected immediately.  

Since he's on my IR in the one league I own him, I'm happy to sit on him this year. It would take a 1 - less than that, I'll hold.

Without IR spots, that changes things a little, especially if you're contending and roster spots really matter. I'd consider Fournette a somewhat fair swap.  

This is why he's a hold in dynasty leagues.  No one wants to give a 1st and no one wants to accept a 2nd.
Completely agree.  I am not sure why anyone who drafted him wouldn't throw him into an IR spot and wait for next year.  Situation do vary, I guess.  

I'm picking 12th in 2 dynasty leagues that have yet to hold their rookie drafts.  I kind of doubt he falls that far regardless.  But if he's sitting there at 12--I feel like I almost have to take him.  Am I crazy?  I was thinking I'd be looking at a QB, maybe Bateman/Marshall, or even Carter.  But if he falls all the way to 12--seems like it's hard to say no at that point.  Am I better off passing?  Draft and try to sell?

I'm picking 12th in 2 dynasty leagues that have yet to hold their rookie drafts.  I kind of doubt he falls that far regardless.  But if he's sitting there at 12--I feel like I almost have to take him.  Am I crazy?  I was thinking I'd be looking at a QB, maybe Bateman/Marshall, or even Carter.  But if he falls all the way to 12--seems like it's hard to say no at that point.  Am I better off passing?  Draft and try to sell?
I have the 10th pick and I'm hoping I don't have to make that decision.

If you're on the fence I'm sure you would have takers for the pick. Jrob owner at minimum. 

Worth more in deep roster leagues obviously, or leagues with a lot of IR spot capability.

One way to think of it, where do you think he would look in next years draft?  He would HAVE to be a 1st rounder, probably mid-late.  

At first I was contemplating him at pick 6 but nah.  I much rather trade down, and if someone happens to take him so be it, I take someone else plus use whatever other value I got in the deal

At first I was contemplating him at pick 6 but nah.  I luch rather trade down, and if someone happens to take him so be it, I take someone else plus use whatever other value I got in the deal
Pretty much where I'm at. I put my pick on the block - see if I can move down a few spots and get an additional asset.

I was just playing along. The guy with him in our league is holding him for obviously what he took him for which was really high.
yeah, it’s a tough adjustment for owners in the immediate aftermath of serious injury to their first-round pick. 

I have quite a few shares of Hunt, some where I am fine at RB for this year without him.  Would ETN owners consider that an enticing swap?

In a high-stakes FFPC dynasty I'm in, Etienne was traded for a 2022 1st on Tuesday afternoon. It's the first year of the league, so it's hard to tell where that 1st will be, but I'd say mid-1st at this point. 

ETN was probably going to go 4th or 5th in my rookie drafts.  I see him falling to the bottom of the first now where some 2020 play-off team has the luxury of sitting him for a season.   I based my poll choice on that.  Personally, Id spend an early second for an acceptable risk/reward.

Anyone know if other running backs have successfully come back from this injury with no problems?
Michael Brian Westbrook was mentioned the other day, but there is no way for us to compare the severity of the injury between the two, so it's not safe to draw any conclusions based upon this.

:Not-A-Doctor:

Michael Westbrook was mentioned the other day, but there is no way for us to compare the severity of the injury between the two, so it's not safe to draw any conclusions based upon this.

:Not-A-Doctor:
He asked about RB's......do you mean Brian Westbrook?

I would rather have Trey Sermon or Michael Carter, so probably a mid 2nd for me.

Have 2 shares out of 6 dynos, ppr each. Took him 4th and 5th overall in 2 leagues where I have decent, yet not great RB depth. 

Put him on the trade block immediately after the news of it being a "tear"

Got a 1st/2nd next year and I'm very happy I was able to get that.

Don't think he'll ever be the same again, not a great risk for me to hold. 

Was offered Debo and a third. I am a hard hold. He is on my IR. Strachan took his taxi squad spot. Dynasty, SF, TE premium. 

Depends what you think of Robinson. If he has another impressive year then Etienne loses a ton of value.

We've all lied to ourselves about this in some other instance, doesn't matter if you love his prospects- no team sits a back with a couple years like that

I have zero shares. Depends on your league but in mine he was drafted between 6 and 10. I sure wouldn’t give more than where he was drafted now.  I get that next years class might not be as good but that still seems right. 
but I’m not making any offers. 

Users who are viewing this thread