What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Late Round - Snake Draft - PPR Full or Half - No RB in Round 1 or 2 (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
First recent ADP to give us a frame of reference for discussion.  I listed the top 26 in case you didn't like somebody in the top 24.

1    McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB
2    Cook, Dalvin MIN RB
3    Kamara, Alvin NOS RB
4    Henry, Derrick TEN RB
5    Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB
6    Adams, Davante GBP WR
7    Kelce, Travis KCC TE
8    Hill, Tyreek KCC WR
9    Jones, Aaron GBP RB
10    Barkley, Saquon NYG RB
11    Chubb, Nick CLE RB
12    Taylor, Jonathan IND RB
13    Ekeler, Austin LAC RB
14    Diggs, Stefon BUF WR
15    Harris, Najee PIT RB
16    Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB
17    Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR
18    Metcalf, DK SEA WR
19    Ridley, Calvin ATL WR
20    Gibson, Antonio WAS RB
21    Mixon, Joe CIN RB
22    Waller, Darren LVR TE
23    Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB
24    Jefferson, Justin MIN WR
25    Brown, A.J. TEN WR
26    Allen, Keenan LAC WR

Like the title - looking for PPR drafters from the 9 spot or later that did not or not planning to take RB in round 1 or 2.

Speaking mostly from the 10 spot, if Chubb reaches me I am probably fine in round one. But if he goes earlier and Hill or Kelce fall - I think taking Taylor, Ekeler, Harris, Gibson is a defensive/reactionary move (now you may have higher opinions on one of those guys).  

IMO, if you take one of those players, you are in a deficit after round one and that deficit is not made up in round 2 as the drop off isn't the same pick 13 to 24.

So unless somebody better falls to you at 10, I m thinking about taking Kelce/Hill/Diggs in round 1 as an offensive move to minimize the deficit.

Not revolutionary but not something I was considering 2 days ago. 

Looking at round 2, I get the value of each player that pushes RB to the top - but again those feel reactionary - as if I am worried about having a RB and a floor player.  The best picks in round 2 may be Metcalf and Ridley - but their relative value lists them lower in round 2.

So if you are drafting late and do not take RB in round 1/2 - what was your strategy for rounds 3/4 and to address RB?

Looking at round 2, I get the value of each player that pushes RB to the top - but again those feel reactionary - as if I am worried about having a RB and a floor player.  The best picks in round 2 may be Metcalf and Ridley - but their relative value lists them lower in round 2.

So if you are drafting late and do not take RB in round 1/2 - what was your strategy for rounds 3/4 and to address RB?
I think you are forced to get at least 1 RB in rd. 3 or 4.  Carson might be there.  Montgomery, Sanders also.

I'm drafting 9 in a 10 team PPR and the value of the available WR's & Kelce outweighs the RB's that are available in all of the mocks I have done.  The issue is the RB's at 3 & 4 are 2nd tier.  Carson, Robinson, Jacobs have been available.  Barkley has been available in some of the drafts.  He could be a steal at 9 if he is fully healthy.  Right now I think I am going WR/Kelce 1 & 2 unless I see something that shows Barkley is healthy.

Specific to a 12-Team League,  if PPR value is identical across all positions (RB/WR/TE all get the same thing), and you're drafting from the far turn (10-12), and some legitimate PPR RB1's fall to you, IMHO, count yourself lucky and cash in those chips. I don't think it's an option to pass on 1st Rd-caliber PPR RB's if they're available there. Your starting lineup requirements would help advance the discussion. If you have a shot at an Adams/Tyreek at 10-12, it's very compelling, and possibly the correct move. All my far turn drafts, I have hoped to land one of them, but it has yet to materialize, however leaving a nice stable of RB from which to choose 2. I'm just a bit skeptical of Diggs posting Adams/Tyreek #'s, so I'm not picking him 10-15, and 15 is just a tad early for me to take Hopkins/Ridley, and those are the only 3 other WR in the discussion for me. I'm firmly in the camp that Metcalf/Lockett are identical, which means I'm targeting Lockett later. You'll get plenty of PPR WR value throughout the Draft. Landing a couple of PPR stud RB, would, IMHO, actually put you at an advantage, especially if your lineup requirements require you to start more than 1.

I would love if Adams and Hill were gone when I picked - along with Kelce.  That means at the 10, I am looking at 7th best RB with a shot at Jones or Chubb (or Barkley if you got that vibe) - and with those choices, I go RB in round 1.

If Kelce and Hill do not go before 10 it likely forces you to go one of those and a WR in round 2 (RB in round 2 is treading water unless someone falls) 

I'm drafting 9 in a 10 team PPR and the value of the available WR's & Kelce outweighs the RB's that are available in all of the mocks I have done.  The issue is the RB's at 3 & 4 are 2nd tier.  Carson, Robinson, Jacobs have been available.  Barkley has been available in some of the drafts.  He could be a steal at 9 if he is fully healthy.  Right now I think I am going WR/Kelce 1 & 2 unless I see something that shows Barkley is healthy.
I am also drafting 9 in a 10 teamer but it is half PPR. Would gladly take Kelce if he falls (doubt it seriously) but my concern is 3rd and 4th round if I don't go RB early. Now mine is a 3RR which changes it somewhat but I like the WRs available in the 3rd and 4th but the RBs start to get iffy. Feel like I need to get at least one RB in 1 or 2 but who knows. Come draft day I could see being intrigued to get Adams and Hill to start.

Users who are viewing this thread