What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preseason Week 3: Notes, Observations & Discussion (1 Viewer)

Anyone watching the Colts game?  I'm interested in how Granson looks as he's an interesting flier.

I don’t play in IDP leagues so I don’t know if this matters but Lions rookie LB Derrick Barnes has looked like a terror in every preseason game. He’s chasing down RB, breaking up passes and rushing the QB. I would be shocked if he wasn’t starting for the Lions real soon and filling the stat book. 

I don’t play in IDP leagues so I don’t know if this matters but Lions rookie LB Derrick Barnes has looked like a terror in every preseason game. He’s chasing down RB, breaking up passes and rushing the QB. I would be shocked if he wasn’t starting for the Lions real soon and filling the stat book. 
He’s already drafted and rostered in ours, actually. Oh well. 

King of the Jungle said:
Any thoughts on how Chuba looks?

He has had roughly 50 yards.  I've had it on the whole time.   He had one 10+ yd run, and several catches chucked in to boot.

He hasn't looked like the world beater that he was earlier this preseason, but I will tell you this.

He looks good enough where he should definitely  be drafted in every league.  If CMC goes down, he will be one of the hottest wire pickups of the year. He should get strong volume, AT WORST.   I'll see to it that he gets drafted in ALL my leagues, I'll have him myself as a bench dart throw.

TZM

He has had roughly 50 yards.  I've had it on the whole time.   He had one 10+ yd run, and several catches chucked in to boot.

He hasn't looked like the world beater that he was earlier this preseason, but I will tell you this.

He looks good enough where he should definitely  be drafted in every league.  If CMC goes down, he will be one of the hottest wire pickups of the year. He should get strong volume, AT WORST.   I'll see to it that he gets drafted in ALL my leagues, I'll have him myself as a bench dart throw.

TZM
Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you, he should have a chance to get fed if injury hits CMC. I can’t put my finger on what I don’t like when I watch him play but he does seem to hit big plays now and then. I am sure learning from CMC will not hurt him either. 

rockaction said:
imagine being as good at anything as Mahomes is at QB
I've been saying this since his first year as a starter, watching him feels like watching Jordan at his peek.  We're going to be telling our great grandkids about how much better Mahomes was at the position than any before or after.

Hoping to see a D’wayne Eskridge (SEA WR) debut tomorrow. If he can start fast as their WR3 that offense could be dynamite. That whole division should be a fascinating watch all year. Not hard to imagine any four of those teams playing in the Super Bowl.

With even moderate injury luck (Mahomes staying healthy required for "moderate luck"), I'm not sure this Chiefs team loses a single game. Arguably the best starting lineup, and strong depth almost everywhere to boot. I agree with above poster....Mahomes is magical, to the point where Brady's goat tag is already in trouble

King of the Jungle said:
Surprising to me that Robinson plays over Pringle, seems like Pringle produces every time he is given the chance.
Robinson looked right in sync with Mahomes with a couple catches on the first two drives. Also appeared to beat the CB deep a play or two before Bell's TD catch, but Mahomes was looking elsewhere. FWIW.

With even moderate injury luck (Mahomes staying healthy required for "moderate luck"), I'm not sure this Chiefs team loses a single game. Arguably the best starting lineup, and strong depth almost everywhere to boot. I agree with above poster....Mahomes is magical, to the point where Brady's goat tag is already in trouble
Yeah, only 20 more years of upper echelon play from Mahomes to catch-up to Brady. Correction, Brady still tacking on years. Nothing against Mahomes, but Brady is not done.

Ooohh yeah it matters!

Drafted him in two leagues 

Yeah, only 20 more years of upper echelon play from Mahomes to catch-up to Brady. Correction, Brady still tacking on years. Nothing against Mahomes, but Brady is not done.
I strongly disagree if you think Mahomes has to play 20+ years to earn the goat tag. Best <> longest or even biggest career numbers.

EG: At his prime, Tyson was the greatest boxer ever. Career? Not so much

I strongly disagree if you think Mahomes has to play 20+ years to earn the goat tag. Best <> longest or even biggest career numbers.

I was kidding, although difficult to replicate what Brady has achieved. Like anything it depends on what the criteria is for grading. Mahomes is certainly special and if he remains healthy should finish his career in the discussion of one of the best to ever play. In my 18 player dynasty roster (1 QB) I patiently kept him during his rookie year even though he was a backup, one of my luckier moves.

Why are starters playing the final preseason game? 😐

In the past, I was able to nab FA sleepers like Ekeler/Lindsay because they sat out the final presesason game.

Why are starters playing the final preseason game? 😐

In the past, I was able to nab FA sleepers like Ekeler/Lindsay because they sat out the final presesason game.
3rd game, longer break before regular season week 1. Not really surprised TBH

Mister CIA said:
Rodrigo Hoosiermama is lighting it up tonight.  Championship!
15 fake fantasy points tonight. 

Maybe Carson Wentz will convert all these FG opportunities into TDs and tank Rodrigo's prospects.

But when you are both the best/arguably the best at your prime and flat out unquestionably for your eternally long career?

Last edited by a moderator:
But when you are both the best/arguably the best at your prime and flat out unquestionably for your eternally long career?
sure sure....but TBH, I'm not sure Brady was ever better then what Mahomes is able to do right now.

Might be a bit of apples/oranges, and we need at least a few more years of dominance from Mahomes to make this a real argument...but it isn't much of s stretch to say it's more then just possible, IMHO

Gun to your head, starting a team....Brady at 30 or Mahomes now? Not sure there's a wrong answer there

sure sure....but TBH, I'm not sure Brady was ever better then what Mahomes is able to do right now.

Might be a bit of apples/oranges, and we need at least a few more years of dominance from Mahomes to make this a real argument...but it isn't much of s stretch to say it's more then just possible, IMHO

There is literally nothing Mahomes has done that Brady hasn't... Mahomes has been only good the last couple seasons, and down right average/below average in Super Bowls.

I could see them losing several games. They could easily have a bottom 5 defense, they have several holes in the secondary, at linebacker, and a sketchy pass rush. Who knows if the OL is better, or just more expensive, and its really hard to stay at the top. I don't see the best starting lineup at all, maybe not even top-10. Reid/Mahomes are worth their weight in gold, but this is far from a complete roster.

I think its just as likely the Chiefs lose in round 1 of the playoffs as it is they are a Super Bowl team.

There is literally nothing Mahomes has done that Brady hasn't... Mahomes has been only good the last couple seasons, and down right average/below average in Super Bowls.
Mahomes was anything but average in that Super Bowl last year. That O-line got dominated

oh come on... 

Mahomes will need nearly 15 more seasons at this pace to touch Brady's counting stats assuming Brady stopped now. 

Super Bowl wins 

Brady -- 6

Mahomes -- 1

Super Bowl appearances

Brady -- 10

Mahomes -- 2

Super Bowl MVPs

Brady -- 4

Mahomes -- 1

Pass touchdowns

Brady -- 80

Mahomes -- 17

Playoff wins

Brady -- 33

Mahomes -- 6

ummm...back to back superbowl victories?

too soon?  my bad.

All things considered, Haskins actually looks like an NFL QB this preseason...nice reclamation job by the Steelers coaching staff.

Marshall and DJ Moore look to be in midseason form....although against Steelers backups.

oh come on... 

Mahomes will need nearly 15 more seasons at this pace to touch Brady's counting stats assuming Brady stopped now. 

Super Bowl wins 

Brady -- 6

Mahomes -- 1

Super Bowl appearances

Brady -- 10

Mahomes -- 2

Super Bowl MVPs

Brady -- 4

Mahomes -- 1

Pass touchdowns

Brady -- 80

Mahomes -- 17