What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

‘Twas the Night Before Draft Day (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
‘Twas the Night Before Draft Day
And all through the house

Not a creature was stirring

Except for me, searching for last minute information about injuries & finalizing my strategy & obsessing over whether to take a top 5 TE or not & doing my final rankings and staring at a blank draft board thinking about a myriad of possibility. 

Ok, that didn’t rhyme, but it’s an annual tradition. 12 more mins and it’s draft day. 

I’M SO EXCITED! 
:excited:  

Happy Draftsmas Eve, and to all a good night! 
:pickle:  

Last edited by a moderator:
T’was the Night Before Draft Day
And all through the house

Not a creature was stirring

Except for me, searching for last minute information about injuries & finalizing my strategy & obsessing over whether to take a top 5 TE or not & doing my final rankings and staring at a blank draft board thinking about a myriad of possibility. 

Ok, that didn’t rhyme, but it’s an annual tradition. 12 more mins and it’s draft day. 

I’M SO EXCITED! 
:excited:  

Happy Draftsmas Eve, and to all a good night! 
:pickle:  
Can. Not. Wait.  

I have my first draft on Tuesday. (cue the bragging,venting,crowing, grieving thread)

Due to a big shuffle of league members jockeying for draft days, it should all happen Tuesday.

My biggest on Thursday, with a sprinkling of other leagues scattered all over the next 10 days.

Can't wait~!  

:football:

Final word of advice, please. In non-PPR, is Swift a good value at RB19-20?
Non? Not so much, IMO. 1100-1300 YFS and TDs are variable.

They’re hoping to replicate the Saints, with Swift in the Kamara (and before that, Bush/Sproles) role and Jamaal as Murray (Ingram/Pierre Thomas.)

There is also legitimate reason to have injury concerns. Got hurt a little in college as well, right? He’s not in the tiny bones club - his playing weight is 215-218, but he’d rather make you miss than bowl over you - but he seems like one of those guys who might be prone to soft tissue injuries. You should note my specialties are in areas of finance, funding, M&A, taxes - not orthopedics or general medicine.

I’m bullish. 1500 YFS, 12-15 TDs, 100+ targets, 85 receptions. That’s in the range of outcomes.

But realistically, 11GP and 900 with 5 TDs is also possible.

Do you want to finish third? Go for something safer. Are you interested in winning championships? Go for the upside. Just understand you might miss the playoffs. I love taking mitigated risks. It’s not like you’re risking a first second or probably third. At this point I think he’s slipped to the early fourth round - worth it to me. But if I miss him I have other paths to take.

Also just to be clear Swift’s groin is fine. He was bouncing around all week, made a couple of spectacular  plays in practice to show his typical twitch that went for a long gainers.

By the way, it's " 'Twas," which is a shortening of the phrase "It was" for poetic usage. The apostrophe goes where the diminutive happens. 

'Twas the night before Christmas...

Otherwise, it reads like T-was, which is a great rap expression, but not one invoking a famous Christmas poem. 

I didn't care. I was kidding, anyway. Sorry about that. No need to change the title. 

I sort of like T-Was. He was a great friend back in the day. Hustler, prankster, all around good guy. 

anyone considering Swift as a RB 19-20 is playing with matches. this offense is easily one of the 5 worst in the NFL. They've looked terrible in preseason and there's no reason to think that it won't spill over to the regular season. I hope it works for you guys, but the fear is that Williams takes a chunk of that work away from Swift, healthy or not. Dan Campbell's offense will take the rest of the work away.

drafting Sept 7th. thanks for the notes on your drafts let us know who the first couple rounds go

for sure. Both of those guys are normally way gone. In my important league:

2.05 Mixon

2.09 Ridley
DJ Moore -> Pitts (gulp) -> Henderson -> Higgins

missed Kupp by one pick & there was a massive run on QBs & LB in the 4-5 rounds, so it’s down to me & one other dude in a standoff of who gets Stafford. :pickle:

missed Kupp by one pick & there was a massive run on QBs & LB in the 4-5 rounds, so it’s down to me & one other dude in a standoff of who gets Stafford. :pickle:

I'd get Stafford at the first opportunity then.  REASON - Its apparent you like him out of the options left.  The one thing I hated most years ago, was being stuck streaming at QB. (Its happened a few times, injuries etc)   Everyone yells "well you can always stream QBs and get away with it".  Well, if you are picking and choosing at guys you DON'T LIKE and you have more injuries etc, it makes for a long season that you don't fully enjoy.

All this depends on who all is left too, and a point where you can "happily accept" someone else.

TZM

@Hot Sauce Guy forming a pretty decent draft.  Having had conversations with you on here and seeing you drew 1st pick, I had a hunch you'd take Pitts 5.01.  Where did Hock and Andrews end up?  Nice job on Mixon, got him same round 6 picks later and if it weren't for my age I'd have done a backflip.  

I was seriously hoping you had a typo and you meant to type 1.12. That would make more sense. 1.02????!!!!! What the actual...

Did he want Dalvin and figured the 23rd pick was that much better than the 24th? Or what? 

PARDON ME FOR YELLING I DON'T GET IT!!!!!

I was seriously hoping you had a typo and you meant to type 1.12. That would make more sense. 1.02????!!!!! What the actual...

Did he want Dalvin and figured the 23rd pick was that much better than the 24th? Or what? 

PARDON ME FOR YELLING I DON'T GET IT!!!!!
It’s the best thing. He wanted Cook. He loves cook. 

@Hot Sauce Guy forming a pretty decent draft.  Having had conversations with you on here and seeing you drew 1st pick, I had a hunch you'd take Pitts 5.01.  Where did Hock and Andrews end up?  Nice job on Mixon, got him same round 6 picks later and if it weren't for my age I'd have done a backflip.  
Next 2 picks. ETA, sorry, team 2 went Waller in the 2nd. They went 5.03 -> 5.04

Then I took Javonte Williams ~> Matt Stafford with picks 8-9.

Deepest I’ve ever gone without taking a defensive player. now I build the defense. 

To be fair, he also really wanted 2.11 To get “his guy” at 2.11 (which he did, in Waller) 

ETA: I’m not saying I agree with the strategy, but he has a strategy. 

Many guys I know say there's a legitimate argument to rank Cook #1 overall..... and I get it.

I've said all offseason I'm a bit scared of CMC, the QB mess around him, line etc. etc.   You do know exactly what you're getting in Cook, so I understand completely. Let's be fair, you aren't going to "lose your league" with either, barring health issues, and thats a lingering concern with virtually any RB.

That said............I've also said multiple times I "DON'T WANT #1 OVERALL"  this season.  I think generally you HAVE to go CMC.   But I'd be damn sure I got Chuba Hubbard, even if I had to get him far earlier than expected.

Anything can win though.   Its been a number of years now, but I remember coming on here and telling people "I have Julio Jones nowhere this year, and I have 1 draft left....... I don't care if I get #1 overall I'm getting Jones."

It was one of the years he blew up.  AND I WON THAT LEAGUE.

:football:

Moore.... Yah blew it!

Nah, just make sure you get that deebo/Shenault combo and you'll be fine.

I think generally you HAVE to go CMC.   But I'd be damn sure I got Chuba Hubbard, even if I had to get him far earlier than expected.

someone took Chubba in the 13th. It’s an IDP league, but that’s a reach. 

I don’t mind the 1.02 move esp when you like Dalvin. It allows you to go earlier in the second and take some chances on what HSG will do throughout the draft (oh he already has XYZ, so I can wait on that type of thing).

Gonna shower & hydrate. A smidge too much bourbon. Will post in a bit.
Start 1 QB league for one, and here's the thing - IDP league with heavy defensive scoring, so LBs & DBs start going in the 5-6-7 rounds, so specific picks like Lance won't really be helpful. You have to consider an 8th round WR in IDP is roughly = 5th round receiver in D/ST leagues. 

So...that said...Lance went in the 15th round. Figure that's like a 10-12th round pick? 

His QB2 behind Prescott, so he's ok at QB. 

Users who are viewing this thread