What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Found a wallet (1 Viewer)

The General

Footballguy
Has all this guys ID, credit cards, etc. In middle of the street. Checked the closest houses and they don’t know him. Address is pretty far from spot I found it.

Cant find the dude on social media, have read that you can just drop in the mailbox and they take care of it. 

Any other ideas?

Has all this guys ID, credit cards, etc. In middle of the street. Checked the closest houses and they don’t know him. Address is pretty far from spot I found it.

Cant find the dude on social media, have read that you can just drop in the mailbox and they take care of it. 

Any other ideas?
You have his address from the ID, I would put it in a small box and mail it to the address listed on the driver's license.  Am I missing something?

Any other ideas?
Call the police. They can look up the info and help get it to him.

Call the police. They can look up the info and help get it to him.
So I did this and they said to put it in the mailbox and that the Post Office takes care of it, I guess that gets back to the concern I had that he doesn't live there anymore but kind of out of my hands at this point.

Gonna do a better search on social media and if I can't find him to message will do this.

try googling his name.  
So the dude does have Linkedin. Will hit him up on there and if I don't hear back in a few days will do the drop in mail box route. Wife also is suggested the Next Door route which she will post on.

Thanks everyone.

I have lost my wallet once in my life and it was a miserable experience. Things have gotten easier these days but still hate to think about the PITA this is.

Any other ideas?
Take it to the police station

When I found one once I called the # on the credit card - they called the customer, who got back to me and we met up. That was about 18 years ago - that probably would not work today as they'd think the CC call was a scam.

I once left my wallet on top of a pump at a gas station near Longmont, CO on I-25. Someone called me and said they had found my wallet. We met up at the same gas station the next day. It was very kind of them and I’ve never forgotten it. Interestingly enough, the wallet itself was this old Ralph Lauren wallet where it folded out in the middle and one side folded up and down. I was more happy to get the wallet back than its contents. 

Last edited by a moderator:
When I found one once I called the # on the credit card - they called the customer, who got back to me and we met up. That was about 18 years ago - that probably would not work today as they'd think the CC call was a scam.
I did this. They are on it. I’m gonna tap out at this point and say I gave it the college try.

If I don’t hear back by Monday then into the mailbox it goes.

Well worth the try but this didn’t work…CC company won’t connect us.

I found a some dudes license a few years ago. Looked him up on FB. He was a writer who wrote a book, essentially that white folks are awful. I met him the next day and gave it to him. He didn’t even thank me. 

I would still do it again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a some dudes license a few years ago. Looked him up on FB. He was a writer who wrote a book, essentially that white folks are awful. I met him the next day and gave it to him. He didn’t even thank me. 

I would still do it again. 
Losing all this stuff totally sucks so trying my best.

Had something similar in New Orleans a few years ago. There for a Seahawks game. We found a woman’s wallet, tracked her down on Facebook, she hit us back in like 5 minutes and we met her at a bar. Was Halloween weekend, everyone was wasted and in costumes. She bought us multiple shots and then we all went our own ways into the party mob. 

Any other ideas?
You have to split the money with Marcia, Jan and Cindy, you know!

Any other ideas?
I found a wallet and the dude was a Vet with a VA Card. Called my buddy former Marine what to do. He told me to contact the number on the VA card and they'd contact the person. See if they are a Vet and if so contact the numbers on the back of the VA card if he has one or Military ID. They are really good getting in contact with their people right away. 

If not see if theres another contact info they can see. 

A bit more research found the dude has Instagram. Put a message to him on there and one on his LinkedIn.

Gonna be out of town tomorrow til Tuesday so if no word by then it’s up to USPS!

If I were this guy I would have been all over any social media I had. 

Any of the credit/debit cards from a local bank? I found a wallet several years ago and looked up the address which was on the other side of town. I decided to take it to the bank. They looked up his info and called him while I was there. He thanked me and they held it for him. 

A bit more research found the dude has Instagram. Put a message to him on there and one on his LinkedIn.

Gonna be out of town tomorrow til Tuesday so if no word by then it’s up to USPS!

If I were this guy I would have been all over any social media I had. 
Well, the guy lost his wallet, good chance his phone may not currently be in his possession either.  

Dillion MT laundromat, at night many years ago.  put wallet on top of change machine.  insert bills, get change, put cloths in wash, go to motel as it's an hour wash cycle.  2 very overweight ladies are the only others in the joint.  of course I left the wallet on top of change machine & when I realized it(10 minutes), rush back & 2 ladies are burning rubber a block away in some clunker & disappear around a corner.  it was a work trip so had about $1000.  never got it back.  my net worth at the time was about $1000.

Dillion MT laundromat, at night many years ago.  put wallet on top of change machine.  insert bills, get change, put cloths in wash, go to motel as it's an hour wash cycle.  2 very overweight ladies are the only others in the joint.  of course I left the wallet on top of change machine & when I realized it(10 minutes), rush back & 2 ladies are burning rubber a block away in some clunker & disappear around a corner.  
I bet they headed straight to the closest donut shop.

If I don’t hear back by Monday then into the mailbox it goes.
Downside to this is he will likely have cancelled everything and gone through the hassles before he ever gets it back through the mail.  But short of driving it there, what More can you do?  The Linkedin may be your best shot.

Dillion MT laundromat, at night many years ago.  put wallet on top of change machine.  insert bills, get change, put cloths in wash, go to motel as it's an hour wash cycle.  2 very overweight ladies are the only others in the joint.  of course I left the wallet on top of change machine & when I realized it(10 minutes), rush back & 2 ladies are burning rubber a block away in some clunker & disappear around a corner.  it was a work trip so had about $1000.  never got it back.  my net worth at the time was about $1000.
Century City 1985. Just got my first real paycheck from my first real job after college. Cashed it to pay someone who'd covered my rent. Had two VIP Laker seats in it that the company handed out to mngmt trainees as a perk. Went to then famous Harry's Bar across the street. Had too many. Wobbled over to these awesome fountains on Ave of the Stars to wait for my ride to the game. Got in the car. Reached into my jacket to show him the tickets. No wallet. Instant sobriety, anger, and panic. Tore apart Harry's. Looked everywhere I'd been. Depressed my buddy left me there and went home. I had to walk through our building to get to my car. Front office gal said security was looking for me. Great, drunk and depressed, now in trouble for something dumb I did when I spent my training day in security (used the temp security ID to hang out at Whitney Houston's rehearsal). Went to face the music. The head of security looking for me tossed me my wallet kinda shocked what he found in it. Everything was there. I asked him to let me know who did this so I could thank them, reward them reward them maybe. 

He said he couldn't. It was a young couple who saw my company ID and turned it in without identifying themselves. Said they didn't want to thanked for doing what everyone should do.

I found a check book at the Base Exchange once when I was in the Air Force. Drove it over to the airman's house to give it to him. His wife answered and was very thankful. He then comes to the door and begins to grill me. What took me so long to return it? Better not be any checks missing. Etc. and so on. I turned around and walked away. Will never waste my time doing anything like that again. I'll drop it in the mailbox because people suck.

In the early 90s, I stopped at a grocery store on the way home from work.I noticed a lady at the checkout and she commented "Nice suit" and after taking a closer look said "Great tie! Most guys don't have a clue how to dress". She gave me a sly little smile and we continued to flirt. Walked out to my vehicle and as fate would have it, her car was parked next to mine in the parking lot. She had put her wallet on the roof as she put her groceries in the car. She smiled and gave me a wave as she drove away. I kicked myself for not getting her number. 

As I exited the parking lot,I saw a ladies wallet on the side of the road. I pulled over and it had all the owner's ID in it as well as some cash and an ATM receipt. The picture on the Driver's license looked like the lady from the grocery store. I used the phone book (it was a long time ago) to look up her name, found the matching address and called her. She said she was happy her wallet had been found and quizzed me about the contents. She was shocked everything was there. She then asked if I was the guy in the suit from the grocery store. I told her I was and she got my address and said she would pick up her wallet and give me a big reward.

I waited anxiously for her to show up. Some guy came to my door and when I asked what I could do for him, he said. "Did you find a wallet?" I said I had. He told me it belonged to his wife and gave me her name, address, etc. to confirm his story. I handed him the wallet and he checked that everything was there. He commented "There was over a $150 in the wallet, why didn't you take it?" I told him "Because it wasn't mine". He shook his head and handed me $20 and told me to go buy myself some beer or something.

Users who are viewing this thread