What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daft Punk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (not even close) Radiohead (1 Viewer)

Contact” rivals “Exit Music (For A Film)” and that’s the apotheosis of R’Head’s emotion. Daft just rings Saturn around it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good tune. Besides the obvious stuff, what else they got?
Crescendolls

Party music. Deeper cut from Discovery. 

Derezzed

Inside of an arcade game we find freedom. And death. A modern day gladiator field. 

Phoenix

From the ashes. Sound familiar? That slinky bass line

Anyway, finding meaning in dance soundscapes can be hard. I was just thinking about the ridiculous whining of a man terrified by the "unborn chicken voices in [his] head" and thinking we needed something different than old tropes like that. Yes, I fully realize and admit the genius of Radiohead, but I'm going to dock them for otherwise insipid lyrics. 

They certainly sang nothing as prescient as Isaac Brock did when he sang "The malls are the soon to be ghost towns, so long, farwell, good bye..."

It's something I thought in my thirties. That modern soundtracks, rock n' roll and dance included, should need no lyrics. We're at a point in history where the mute button on lyrics, aside from a rarity like Brock, might be a good thing. 

That's what I'm really trying to say. 

Daft Punk and post-rockers are really appealing when you listen to modern lyrics sometimes. 

Completely different genres but if I had to choose what I want to play in the car, DP Everytime. Still have a couple CDs in the car at the ready. 

OK Computer is one of the finest albums I've ever heard. I get the OP, but even with the unborn chicken voices, it's still a fine album. I just put a new plastic cover on my 3 LP version of it.

That said, I went to put it on and put on We Were Promised Jetpacks instead.

On the electronic/techno side of things?  I guess.

Overall musicianship, not even close.  Radiohead did so many different things its hard to compare them to anyone else.  From Just to You and Whose Army to Burn the Witch to I Might Be Wrong etc., etc. Radiohead just kept pushing, changing and creating.  One of the GOAT's.

Daft Punk are electro pioneers... great artists for sure. 

Radiohead are flat out brilliant and among the top artists of our generation... they're simply on a different playing field creatively than most any other artist out there.   "Codex" from In the Basement never fails to get me so far up in the feels.. just ####### haunting. 

Listening to a blogosphere/electroclash on Spotify right now. It’s awesome. Dance with a punk vibe. Nice stuff. Reminds me that Daft Punk had such a huge influence on music, probably greater and more enduring than the guitar rock of Radiohead. Don’t forget, Radiohead’s electronica starts much later than Daft.

Users who are viewing this thread