What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cuts, signings and transactions of note thread (1 Viewer)

Per Schefter:

First of many cuts this week is a notable one: Lions have released WR Breshad Perriman, per source. Lions' top four wide receivers now shape up to be Tyrell Williams, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Quintez Cephus and Kalif Raymond.

Hoping to have made it through my draft without any of my drafted players getting cut. 

Mark Ingram is my biggest concern.

Hoping to have made it through my draft without any of my drafted players getting cut. 

Mark Ingram is my biggest concern.
Ingram seems like the Texans starter to me. He played before Johnson and Lindsay in the preseason, though he was predictably less impressive.

That may qualify as the worst receiving core in league history.
As somebody who believes Goff is actually an above average QB(not great, but like a C+ starter), this almost seems unfair to him. How do you evaluate a guy with these WR's? 

Josh Allen in 2018 was probably worse though. Top 3 guys were Zay Jones, Robert Foster, and Kelvin Benjamin. I'd take Tyrell Williams and probably St. Brown over any of those guys.

That may qualify as the worst receiving core in league history.
Khalif Raymond has been stacking up good days since May. Other than Hock & ARSB he’s had the most star days of any pass catCher.

I’m still in shock he’s going to be one of our starting Boundary receivers.

As somebody who believes Goff is actually an above average QB(not great, but like a C+ starter), this almost seems unfair to him. How do you evaluate a guy with these WR's? 

Josh Allen in 2018 was probably worse though. Top 3 guys were Zay Jones, Robert Foster, and Kelvin Benjamin. I'd take Tyrell Williams and probably St. Brown over any of those guys.
Tom Brady says hi. 2006 he had Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel, Chad Jackson, Jabar Gaffney, and 35 year old Troy Brown. 

Ari Meirov

@MySportsUpdate

·

1m

Some of the latest cuts, as a busy day is just starting around the NFL: #Packers: QB Kurt Benkert #Saints: RB Devonta Freeman #WFT: RB Payton Barber #Panthers: WR Keith Kirkwood #Cowboys: S Darian Thompson #Bucs: WR/PR Jaydon Mickens #Lions: WR Geronimo Allison, LB Jahlani Tavai

Ari Meirov

@MySportsUpdate

·

1m

Some of the latest cuts, as a busy day is just starting around the NFL: #Packers: QB Kurt Benkert #Saints: RB Devonta Freeman #WFT: RB Payton Barber #Panthers: WR Keith Kirkwood #Cowboys: S Darian Thompson #Bucs: WR/PR Jaydon Mickens #Lions: WR Geronimo Allison, LB Jahlani Tavai
Feel badly for Kirkwood. He got concussed and injured in a massive hit on the first or second day of training camp. Hasn’t really been able to practice. 

Panthers cut the guy that made the hit within hours. Wasn’t supposed to be live contact. 

who might have been the most talented of the bunch, AND played on defense. 
The one year where he played a fair amount defensively was 2004 (3 INT). In 2006, he had one tackle and one assisted tackle. Still, when a 35 year old is your most talented receiver and played offense, defense, and returned punts that isn't exactly a good thing. The Pats only had two guys with 400 receiving yards that year (Reche Caldwell and Ben Watson).

Tom Brady says hi. 2006 he had Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel, Chad Jackson, Jabar Gaffney, and 35 year old Troy Brown. 
Definitely up there.

Another would be Joey Harrington in 2002, his leading WR was Az-Zahir Akeem with roughly 500 yards. Bill Schroeder and TE Mickhael Ricks rounded out the cast. They had basically the same squad in 2003 except on paper they had spent the 2nd overall pick on Charles Rogers who turned out to be a massive, massive bust. Broke his collarbone after only a handful of games IIRC and barely played again.

Sounds like Ingram won’t be cut. Which just muddies up HOU’s backfield, 

per Rotoworld

“Texans head coach David Culley said the team would use a committee backfield approach in 2021. 

It's confirmation that there will be precious little -- if any -- fantasy value in Houston's backfield this season. Culley's friend Mark Ingram appears locked in as a nominal early-down back with David Johnson set for pass-catching duties. Phillip Lindsay will presumably play too. Who knows? More importantly, who cares? None of the team's running backs will be startable in 12-team formats in an abysmal offense that will face nonstop negative game script”

oof

Sounds like Ingram won’t be cut. Which just muddies up HOU’s backfield, 

per Rotoworld

“Texans head coach David Culley said the team would use a committee backfield approach in 2021. 

It's confirmation that there will be precious little -- if any -- fantasy value in Houston's backfield this season. Culley's friend Mark Ingram appears locked in as a nominal early-down back with David Johnson set for pass-catching duties. Phillip Lindsay will presumably play too. Who knows? More importantly, who cares? None of the team's running backs will be startable in 12-team formats in an abysmal offense that will face nonstop negative game script”

oof
Ingram could be worth a late round conditional to the Ravens. Why do the Texans want a 31 year old RB?

Bears cutting Riley Ridley is a bit of a surprise, especially after they had already cut Javon Wims. Makes me wonder if Tarik Cohen might be spending most of his time in the slot when he eventually comes back. Damiere Byrd probably the #3, with Goodwin as the #4. Sure seems like speed is priority #1 right now. I can't say I disagee with these moves, just a little surprised is all.

Allen Robinson is the only WR on the team that was there before 2020.

QB Shane Buechele KC Chiefs.  With Henne locked in as the backup to Mahomes, it seemed likely Buechele would not make the cut.  I am certain the Chiefs would love to get him back on their PS, but he could draw interest from other teams.

Users who are viewing this thread