What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 41: Starts Sept. 22 (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
A new era of Survivor will begin as season 41 premieres this fall. As the 18 new castaways are announced, Jeff Probst is also introducing new elements to the game, starting with the length of it, which has always been 39 days.
“Survivor 41 is birthing a new era, starting with a much more dangerous 26-day game,” the CBS personality, 59, explains about the evolution. “So that means it is a very fast pace. It does force the players to make bigger decisions. So there will be new advantages and there will be some controversial twists.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/survivor-season-41-cast-revealed-new-26-day-game-introduced/

:blackdot:

Not sure what I think about shortening the timeline.  They have had an incredible run; why mess with it?

A new era of Survivor will begin as season 41 premieres this fall. As the 18 new castaways are announced, Jeff Probst is also introducing new elements to the game, starting with the length of it, which has always been 39 days.
“Survivor 41 is birthing a new era, starting with a much more dangerous 26-day game,” the CBS personality, 59, explains about the evolution. “So that means it is a very fast pace. It does force the players to make bigger decisions. So there will be new advantages and there will be some controversial twists.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/survivor-season-41-cast-revealed-new-26-day-game-introduced/

Am I the only one who had to look up "rebus puzzles?"

Semi-interesting twist from Survivor: South Africa's latest season I could see maybe making it's way into a shortened US season... one of the first episodes after the merge, the castaways randomly drew rocks to form pairs for the immunity challenge. It was an endurance challenge, last person standing won immunity for himself and his pair partner. Then, at tribal, when they were voting someone out, both members of the pair receiving the most votes would be eliminated. 

It ended up causing some pretty interesting dynamics, although maybe because post-merge the tribe had some definite power couples that ended up randomly being in the same pair. Or maybe despite that. Would be interesting to see another alignment if they tried it again. 

Not sure what I think about shortening the timeline.  They have had an incredible run; why mess with it?

I believe it's covid related, possibly to squeeze in two seasons in the short window between viral surges?

Or, at least, to get the first season filmed and edited in time to make a September premiere date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cast and crew were required to quarantine upon arrival in Fiji. To keep everything on the regular schedule, both S41 and S42 were shortened from 39 days to 26. 

Hopefully 39 days will return for 43/44, but we won't know that until next year. 

Dude thought was SOOOO much better than he was. Yelling "money" as he misses a ring toss....brutal.

That lady could have tried that reward challenge for 6 hours and not gotten close to getting it. Pretty sure she never even got her hand on the ball a single time

Users who are viewing this thread