What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Joe Biden a bad President? (1 Viewer)

Your honest opinion.

• Bad President

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Worst President Ever

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters
Eight months in, I guess a good starting question would be "What has he done right vs. what has he done wrong" and I think that side of the scale is leaning heavily.

Second worst in my lifetime.  

Unfortunately the last 2 are now 1 and 2.  

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of some of the Trump advertisements I have gotten.  The choices seemed to be:  Is Trump the best thing since sliced bread?  or:  Even better!!!! Never seemed to be a worst president in my lifetime and even worse person option.  

Been thinking about this a lot.  He’s not as bad as people think.  Not good - mind you - his mental incompetence is a deal breaker.  But the end result here is a good thing.  We are out of Afghanistan, and that’s a good thing.

Comparing to my standard, he's a mixed bag so far, leaning to the bad side.  Plenty of time to fix that.  Comparing to other Presidents, not even close to "worst".  This is where we're at right now.

Eight months in, I guess a good starting question would be "What has he done right vs. what has he done wrong" and I think that side of the scale is leaning heavily.
He’s doing well on the Pandemic despite every effort to kneecap efforts at local state and federal levels.  That’s pretty big.  What did they figure? Trump probably got what 200,000 extra Americans killed with his “do as I say not as I do” on vaccines.  

Jimmy Carter 2.0

Carter was 31 years younger when elected and quite a bit sharper than Biden. Sadly that did not make him a good POTUS either.

Too early to say if he is worst ever but early results are not promising.  Seems as bad as Trump in different ways.

Jimmy Carter 2.0

This is what I was thinking. He's prettymuch a "nice/good guy" who seems to be in over his head. He doesn't inspire or appear strong. 

I voted for him because I felt Trump was an awful, divisive leader. I'm happy that Trump is not there, but have no doubt Biden will be a one-term President, and Harris... well, she'll get trounced. Who knows what happens in 2024?

Jimmy Carter 2.0
That is a reasonable comparison. He has done some good stuff but Afghanistan will be a stain on his legacy.  Good job on the bipartisan infrastructure bill and the speed those that were willing got vaccinated. . Think the 3 trillion plus human infrastructure plan is ridiculously excessive. Following the worst President ever makes him look better than he is.

He’s doing well on the Pandemic despite every effort to kneecap efforts at local state and federal levels.  That’s pretty big.  What did they figure? Trump probably got what 200,000 extra Americans killed with his “do as I say not as I do” on vaccines.  

Disagree completely. 

To begin with, Trump made the vaccine possible. Can you honestly say that if Biden walked into the office with no vaccine that we would be anywhere at all right now? I know people have strong opinions about Trump personally but credit should be given where it is due. His business ability to align getting the vaccine is something never done before by any country in history. We should recognize that. 

In any administration, not every state is going to go 100% with anything. Even if its a program to promote a reading bookmobile, somebody will disagree.  But instead of focusing on whichever state you think might be actively fighting against Biden, look at the ones that support completely and criticize those honestly.  In New York, an unconditional pro-Biden vaccine state, they have significant issues with some areas vaccinating.  groups that are voting 90% for democrats.  Its not as simple as you suggest. 

And if you are still wanting to blame those "fighting" the administration as if its overt, I'm sure most people will say "FLORIDA".  But they only want to discuss the part that fits their version.  Remember in the beginning how the Florida governor pushed like a mother to get people vaccinated?  You might be thinking "that doesn't sound right to me" but, yes, it was.  He did and what happened? The media tried to make a huge deal and spin it saying he was favoring white people and he took money from Publix, etc.  Even said it on 60 minutes (so it has to be right, right?) but then the truth came out and it was shown that Publix donated equal amounts to ALL parties and the governor was pushing for EVERYONE (not just mean old whitey) to get the vaccine and it was available in grocery stores like Publix because A)it made sense because that's where people go a lot and B)because places like Walgreens and CVS said we need more venues because, well, of course the naysayers were saying "its not available to some disadvantaged people." 

So the governor literally said, "ok, i'll put this availability every place a person pops their head up...and they tried to criticize him for it. 

Fast forward now and that has been conveniently memory-holed and now the big push is that he's "fighting" by trying to , gasp, return to normalcy, despite the fact that if they would have supported him and actually helped him when he was encouraging people to get the vaccine, most people would have it by now and everyone could be happy that the herd immunity unicorn was captured. 

It's an outright farce to try to lay things like that on any group. The reality is when Biden said in the debates "I have a plan", if he had one at all it was terrible. Despite having more time to learn and respond, we are no better off and a large part of what is propping up the economy outside the elite money is trillions of dollars that 20 generations won't be able to sniff resolving. People don't even realize what a trillion really is, much less 12 trillion. 

If dollars were seconds, a million dollars is about 11 days.  A trillion second is 32,000+ YEARS.  

I just wanted to ask an honest question but, really, people should put some real thought into analyzing where we are as a country right now instead of trying to find a way to shoehorn it into "orange man bad. What cha gonna do?"

And that's not meant to be a direct reply to you Saber. Not bucking up against you. I am speaking in general "the people say" terms.  So many people going with these thoughts but leaving out the pieces that don't fit what they want to try to make it. 

This.

Pandemic management has been decent. Not really sure how he could do much better.

Infrastructure is good. Acknowledging climate change is good.

Don’t know enough to say anything about the border “crisis”.

Acts a lot more presidential than the last guy.
Agree with this and I didn’t vote on the poll because there needs to be some more options….not ready to call him a bad President yet and he certainly is not the worst ever.

Aside from the Afghanistan withdrawal debacle I think he's been ok.
I agree, and I would have said that I approved of Biden's performance before that disaster.

The problem is that I was working under the assumption that Biden had surrounded himself with good, competent people.  I understand that Biden probably isn't 100% there right now, but he's been in government forever and he's (literally, unfortunately) forgotten more about governing than I've ever known.  If anybody is enough of an insider to fill out a cabinet that can run on autopilot while the president spends his day napping, it's Biden.  The Afghanistan thing shows that I was very wrong about that and I'm now a lot more pessimistic about his ability to stumble through the next three years.

Not very good so far. It's early and they can still turn it around. But with coronavirus still rampaging, southern border mess, inflation, Afghanistan mess, they got a long road ahead of them. 

Afghanistan...bad...really really bad.  Losing Americans in the attack is on him...those left behind is on him.  The place becoming a mess was inevitable.

Border...still bad but also likely inevitable as I don't think the "stay in Mexico" policy was sustainable.  That they have not had a plan with this and the way they had no good exit plan with Afghanistan...bad.

Beyond that...the normal stuff...been pretty average.

Disagree completely. 

To begin with, Trump made the vaccine possible. Can you honestly say that if Biden walked into the office with no vaccine that we would be anywhere at all right now? I know people have strong opinions about Trump personally but credit should be given where it is due. His business ability to align getting the vaccine is something never done before by any country in history. We should recognize that. 

In any administration, not every state is going to go 100% with anything. Even if its a program to promote a reading bookmobile, somebody will disagree.  But instead of focusing on whichever state you think might be actively fighting against Biden, look at the ones that support completely and criticize those honestly.  In New York, an unconditional pro-Biden vaccine state, they have significant issues with some areas vaccinating.  groups that are voting 90% for democrats.  Its not as simple as you suggest. 

And if you are still wanting to blame those "fighting" the administration as if its overt, I'm sure most people will say "FLORIDA".  But they only want to discuss the part that fits their version.  Remember in the beginning how the Florida governor pushed like a mother to get people vaccinated?  You might be thinking "that doesn't sound right to me" but, yes, it was.  He did and what happened? The media tried to make a huge deal and spin it saying he was favoring white people and he took money from Publix, etc.  Even said it on 60 minutes (so it has to be right, right?) but then the truth came out and it was shown that Publix donated equal amounts to ALL parties and the governor was pushing for EVERYONE (not just mean old whitey) to get the vaccine and it was available in grocery stores like Publix because A)it made sense because that's where people go a lot and B)because places like Walgreens and CVS said we need more venues because, well, of course the naysayers were saying "its not available to some disadvantaged people." 

So the governor literally said, "ok, i'll put this availability every place a person pops their head up...and they tried to criticize him for it. 

Fast forward now and that has been conveniently memory-holed and now the big push is that he's "fighting" by trying to , gasp, return to normalcy, despite the fact that if they would have supported him and actually helped him when he was encouraging people to get the vaccine, most people would have it by now and everyone could be happy that the herd immunity unicorn was captured. 

It's an outright farce to try to lay things like that on any group. The reality is when Biden said in the debates "I have a plan", if he had one at all it was terrible. Despite having more time to learn and respond, we are no better off and a large part of what is propping up the economy outside the elite money is trillions of dollars that 20 generations won't be able to sniff resolving. People don't even realize what a trillion really is, much less 12 trillion. 

If dollars were seconds, a million dollars is about 11 days.  A trillion second is 32,000+ YEARS.  

I just wanted to ask an honest question but, really, people should put some real thought into analyzing where we are as a country right now instead of trying to find a way to shoehorn it into "orange man bad. What cha gonna do?"

And that's not meant to be a direct reply to you Saber. Not bucking up against you. I am speaking in general "the people say" terms.  So many people going with these thoughts but leaving out the pieces that don't fit what they want to try to make it. 
Agree to disagree.  

What has he done to be considered bad?

There are three levels to this

1) Harm done to the international community ( POTUS is expected to take the lead and make gains/forestall enemies in foreign relations. This is a clear cut definitive role by POTUS since the beginning of the American political system)

2) Harm done to the American people

3) Harm done to his own Party

There is already lots of discussion on #1 and #2, so I'll tackle #3 a bit here.

The main priority for any Democrat currently in office is REELECTION. ( It's true for any politician anywhere in the entire world that needs to be elected to gain power)

The Obama/Biden/Harris/Rice regime has inflicted enough damage in less than a years time, to cost the entire Party badly down the ticket in the 2022 Mid Terms. If you are a Democratic incumbent up for a brutal fight in 2022, how will that play out for you when a grieving mother of a fallen Marine is on every broadcast in America or on social media ( at least until Zuckerberg and Dorsey ban them for the crime of grieving and saying something that could hurt the radical leftist grifter empire) or there are photos or video of a baby being mangled in razor wire after being thrown there by parents trying to their children over the fenceline to be evacuated? Or a first hand account of a stranded and abandoned American woman or teenage girl who was gang raped by the Taliban?

Think about the theme in play against a Democratic incumbent. 2020 was the year of looting and rioting and lockdowns. Then not long after the Border turned into a swinging gate. You have a clear and pervasive crime and homeless problem in Big Blue strongholds. Then there was Defund The Police. All while shouting at everyone to stop being so racist and stop being so bigoted for the crime of being white or just not being in one of the protected martyr classes.

Lots of establishment low level Democrats in the HOR were furious at AOC and the Progressives. They pushed Defund The Police the hardest and they had a massive platform to do it. The narrative stuck to all Democrats in office. To be fair to AOC, there were also lots of Democrats in the establishment who rode the DTP train when it served them. But it cost them badly down the ticket.

The theme will be - If you vote for a Democrat, you are voting against civil order

In order to combat some of this narrative, DNC HQ will need to push forward candidates with a military background. Which will start to incense the woke cancel culture radical left. Also military types will tend to create the increased risk of being DINOs.

When your messaging looks like an attack on civil order, what it amounts to is an attack on hard working American families. People work hard, very hard, to earn a living and buy a house that's in a safe place for their kids and to be near good schools so their kids have opportunity. No one wants to suffer and bleed and sacrifice only to see the neighborhoods their kids are growing up in are being carpet bombed with the feces of homeless people, stores closing down from rampant unchecked theft, city services being crippled because of furloughs and layoffs to salvage a busted budget from allowing rioting and looting to go nearly unchecked for a year and needing expensive to deploy police officers to work 80 hours a week non stop.

Biden/Harris is good for some of the grifter establishment. If you were an old school Obama loyalist, you got political pork and got fat money from American tax dollars being set on fire. Biden/Harris however is bad for the international community ( 11 and 12 year preteen girls in Afghanistan and at the Southern Border being raped doesn't sell very well to voters) , bad for the American people at large, and ESPECIALLY toxic for their own Party.

Joe Biden is currently, not just "bad", but open political poison for the Democratic Party.  The 2022 Mid Terms are lost. The 2024 general cycle is lost. Now it's looking any more damage will cost them 2028 too.

But let's take this a different way too. Let's see for whom Biden is "good" for out there

1) If you are a drug dealer and part of a Cartel, Biden will do his part to use American tax payer dollars to get you guns, so you can kill more innocent Mexican citizens and even some American law enforcement ( Operation Fast and Furious)

2) If you are a terrorist that has killed American servicemen and will gang rape 11 and 12 year old little girls as the spoils of war, Biden will do his part to use American tax payer dollars to get you high tech weaponry, equipment and vehicles so you can kill more American soldiers and eventually American citizens via future acts of terrorism

3) If you are an enemy of America ( Cartel drug dealers at the Southern Border and Taliban terrorists) and you simply like to rape innocent women and little girls, Biden's public policy has a repugnant and consistent habit in less than a years time of facilitating widespread opportunity for you.

4) If you are part of the grifter Military Industrial Complex, you get to sell more weapons because Biden keeps spending American  tax payer dollars to help more American law enforcement and American military get killed. You arm the enemies of the state then you arm those Americans in service to defend it against the newly heavily armed said enemies of the state.

Feel free to address any of this. More than that, at night, look at your own kids at the dinner table and ask yourself if Biden will allow innocents around the world to get massacred and sodomized, what makes your children any less expendable if it serves his political grift?

There are three levels to this

1) Harm done to the international community ( POTUS is expected to take the lead and make gains/forestall enemies in foreign relations. This is a clear cut definitive role by POTUS since the beginning of the American political system)

2) Harm done to the American people

3) Harm done to his own Party

There is already lots of discussion on #1 and #2, so I'll tackle #3 a bit here.

The main priority for any Democrat currently in office is REELECTION. ( It's true for any politician anywhere in the entire world that needs to be elected to gain power)

The Obama/Biden/Harris/Rice regime has inflicted enough damage in less than a years time, to cost the entire Party badly down the ticket in the 2022 Mid Terms. If you are a Democratic incumbent up for a brutal fight in 2022, how will that play out for you when a grieving mother of a fallen Marine is on every broadcast in America or on social media ( at least until Zuckerberg and Dorsey ban them for the crime of grieving and saying something that could hurt the radical leftist grifter empire) or there are photos or video of a baby being mangled in razor wire after being thrown there by parents trying to their children over the fenceline to be evacuated? Or a first hand account of a stranded and abandoned American woman or teenage girl who was gang raped by the Taliban?

Think about the theme in play against a Democratic incumbent. 2020 was the year of looting and rioting and lockdowns. Then not long after the Border turned into a swinging gate. You have a clear and pervasive crime and homeless problem in Big Blue strongholds. Then there was Defund The Police. All while shouting at everyone to stop being so racist and stop being so bigoted for the crime of being white or just not being in one of the protected martyr classes.

Lots of establishment low level Democrats in the HOR were furious at AOC and the Progressives. They pushed Defund The Police the hardest and they had a massive platform to do it. The narrative stuck to all Democrats in office. To be fair to AOC, there were also lots of Democrats in the establishment who rode the DTP train when it served them. But it cost them badly down the ticket.

The theme will be - If you vote for a Democrat, you are voting against civil order

In order to combat some of this narrative, DNC HQ will need to push forward candidates with a military background. Which will start to incense the woke cancel culture radical left. Also military types will tend to create the increased risk of being DINOs.

When your messaging looks like an attack on civil order, what it amounts to is an attack on hard working American families. People work hard, very hard, to earn a living and buy a house that's in a safe place for their kids and to be near good schools so their kids have opportunity. No one wants to suffer and bleed and sacrifice only to see the neighborhoods their kids are growing up in are being carpet bombed with the feces of homeless people, stores closing down from rampant unchecked theft, city services being crippled because of furloughs and layoffs to salvage a busted budget from allowing rioting and looting to go nearly unchecked for a year and needing expensive to deploy police officers to work 80 hours a week non stop.

Biden/Harris is good for some of the grifter establishment. If you were an old school Obama loyalist, you got political pork and got fat money from American tax dollars being set on fire. Biden/Harris however is bad for the international community ( 11 and 12 year preteen girls in Afghanistan and at the Southern Border being raped doesn't sell very well to voters) , bad for the American people at large, and ESPECIALLY toxic for their own Party.

Joe Biden is currently, not just "bad", but open political poison for the Democratic Party.  The 2022 Mid Terms are lost. The 2024 general cycle is lost. Now it's looking any more damage will cost them 2028 too.

But let's take this a different way too. Let's see for whom Biden is "good" for out there

1) If you are a drug dealer and part of a Cartel, Biden will do his part to use American tax payer dollars to get you guns, so you can kill more innocent Mexican citizens and even some American law enforcement ( Operation Fast and Furious)

2) If you are a terrorist that has killed American servicemen and will gang rape 11 and 12 year old little girls as the spoils of war, Biden will do his part to use American tax payer dollars to get you high tech weaponry, equipment and vehicles so you can kill more American soldiers and eventually American citizens via future acts of terrorism

3) If you are an enemy of America ( Cartel drug dealers at the Southern Border and Taliban terrorists) and you simply like to rape innocent women and little girls, Biden's public policy has a repugnant and consistent habit in less than a years time of facilitating widespread opportunity for you.

4) If you are part of the grifter Military Industrial Complex, you get to sell more weapons because Biden keeps spending American  tax payer dollars to help more American law enforcement and American military get killed. You arm the enemies of the state then you arm those Americans in service to defend it against the newly heavily armed said enemies of the state.

Feel free to address any of this. More than that, at night, look at your own kids at the dinner table and ask yourself if Biden will allow innocents around the world to get massacred and sodomized, what makes your children any less expendable if it serves his political grift?
I think we already clearly seeing a LOT of conservative candidates starting to file into place that have military backgrounds (although there are several already). I had a discussion last night with people about how there will be a big push from all things military in the mid-terms, from candidates to supporters and volunteers.  I appreciate your take on how you see the DNC answering that bell. 

I also think you're right about how the radical side of the party will resent that. I believe there will be a turn where they begin to eat their own depending on how it is pressed. Frankenstein's monster will return to the castle over this 8 month period. 

Afghanistan...bad...really really bad.  Losing Americans in the attack is on him...those left behind is on him.  The place becoming a mess was inevitable.

Border...still bad but also likely inevitable as I don't think the "stay in Mexico" policy was sustainable.  That they have not had a plan with this and the way they had no good exit plan with Afghanistan...bad.

Beyond that...the normal stuff...been pretty average.
What exactly wasn't sustainable about Stay in Mexico?  That's about as simple as it gets.

Disagree completely. 

To begin with, Trump made the vaccine possible.
C'mon now.  The Pfizer vaccine was already in human testing stages when Warp Speed was brought online, and others were in various stages of development.  It's nice Trump threw the resources he did at it when he did but to suggest there would be no vaccine(s) without him is silly.  

Biden is very bad for those that believe in democratic presidents not being good for the stock market.  Buddy of mine is still certain that the 10% correction is coming.  Even though he's been sitting out the last 30% waiting for it.  

C'mon now.  The Pfizer vaccine was already in human testing stages when Warp Speed was brought online, and others were in various stages of development.  It's nice Trump threw the resources he did at it when he did but to suggest there would be no vaccine(s) without him is silly.  
A vaccine for this specific Covid19 was in human testing stages?  Before the world knew it became Covid 19? Not trying to argue, just asking if you are saying that the cure was being worked on before it existed. I guess it is possible because there has been some talk about gains experiments. 

But to not lose focus, my main assertion there is there is almost no likelihood that we would have a vaccine for this without him.  Of course, we can disagree but I have seen NOTHING from this administration that suggests to me that the initiative would be there.  Biden, Harris, Faucci, and the dems in general spent many waking moments before the election harshly criticizing and doubting if a vaccine could be made so quickly. To me, that suggests they would have been at the very least, slower to progress.  

And this was backed by the media.  CNN, for example and their push to call it 'colossal stupid' to rush a vaccine. https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/health/eua-coronavirus-vaccine-history/index.html

A vaccine for this specific Covid19 was in human testing stages?  Before the world knew it became Covid 19? Not trying to argue, just asking if you are saying that the cure was being worked on before it existed. I guess it is possible because there has been some talk about gains experiments. 

But to not lose focus, my main assertion there is there is almost no likelihood that we would have a vaccine for this without him.  Of course, we can disagree but I have seen NOTHING from this administration that suggests to me that the initiative would be there.  Biden, Harris, Faucci, and the dems in general spent many waking moments before the election harshly criticizing and doubting if a vaccine could be made so quickly. To me, that suggests they would have been at the very least, slower to progress.  

And this was backed by the media.  CNN, for example and their push to call it 'colossal stupid' to rush a vaccine. https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/health/eua-coronavirus-vaccine-history/index.html
Generally speaking when people post things like "the vaccine was in testing for years" they read a blurb on CNN about how mRNA testing has been studied for decades.  This was a very deliberate attempt by the media to spin this away from Trump having any success-- to it always being there.  

Thing is there was no study.  There were ZERO phase III human testing of mRNA vaccines before this one.  Nothing, zip, nada.

If you read this link, LOTS of talk about development and the idea behind mRNA, but absolutely no human trials.  So anyone who says so is probably being manipulated by their media

https://www.uab.edu/news/youcanuse/item/12059-covid-19-mrna-vaccines-how-could-anything-developed-this-quickly-be-safe

Biden is very bad for those that believe in democratic presidents not being good for the stock market.  Buddy of mine is still certain that the 10% correction is coming.  Even though he's been sitting out the last 30% waiting for it.  
What exactly has Biden done for the market.  Be specific.

We knew it existed in late 19 early 20. The WHO pronounced it a pandemic in March.  Pfizer announced human testing on their vaccine in late April, Warp Speed was announced in mid-May.  

And why only talk about this and that American administrations?  Was the rest of the world just going to sit on their nuts and watch their people die waiting for us to come up with a vaccine?  Pfizer partnered with a German firm for their vaccine, just FYI.  

We knew it existed in late 19 early 20. The WHO pronounced it a pandemic in March.  Pfizer announced human testing on their vaccine in late April, Warp Speed was announced in mid-May.  

And why only talk about this and that American administrations?  Was the rest of the world just going to sit on their nuts waiting for us to come up with a vaccine?  Pfizer partnered with a German firm for their vaccine, just FYI.  
See @supermike80's post above.

Out of Afghanistan

Record high Stock Markets

Anyone who wants to get a COVID vaccine is able to get one.

Unemployment down from the previous  administrations highs

Anyone who wants a job can get one. 

My house is worth way more than it was this time last year.  

Not a bad POTUS at all.  

What exactly has Biden done for the market.  Be specific.
Nothing that matters.  Just like with every President.   Making investing decisions based on political beliefs and emotions is a good way to lose money, IMO.  

Saw it.  Doesn't change anything I said.  If anything it makes it clear that most of the infrastructure necessary to develop the vaccines was in place well before Trump and was operating fine independent of Trump.  
As you see it then because Supermike specifically says no human trials and you there were so I don't know how to reconcile those two.  

Users who are viewing this thread