What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Train goes through windmill blade (1 Viewer)

Quality hitch on that trailer, tho.

I assume there was a traffic backup in front of the camera guy's truck that prevented them clearing the crossing?
I think he was stuck due to the angles.  Once he knew the train was coming, he started to go forward and was knocking over light posts, etc.  Of course, it was too little too late.

Seems the scout really screwed this up.  He should have an idea of the radius here. It's not clear this would not be a big mess even without the train.

i think i read on readit that the gates did not work correctly or something like that and they did not provide adequate warning something or another take that to the bank bromigos 

Saw an 18-wheeler hit an interstate overpass with it's full-length hydraulic truck bed fully raised at like 75mph in Minnesota in the 90s. Ripped the bed completely off the truck and it corkscrewed off the side of the road.

We were behind it (it *passed* us) and saw the whole thing coming.  Our reaction was more or less the same except with more swearing, and leading up to it we were debating whether he was going to make it or not.  

That’s a rough looking turn to take on a good day, never mind with a train bearing down on him. That’s going to be an expensive replacement, certainly not a breeze to fix.

Ron Swanson said:
Wow. I recognize that intersection. It's in Luling, TX.
Holy crap- it is.  How the heck did they think they were going to get that through town?

And that's not really "south Texas".

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like he realized partway through that he couldn't make the turn and both the lead pickup and the trucker froze in the moment

culdeus said:
Seems the scout really screwed this up.  He should have an idea of the radius here. It's not clear this would not be a big mess even without the train.
This and shouldn't someone have checked the train schedule before the attempted to cross the tracks at such a tight intersection?

This and shouldn't someone have checked the train schedule before the attempted to cross the tracks at such a tight intersection?
I'm almost certain they should have worked out the crossing well ahead of time, as in letting whatever transportation department know hey please no trains during this timeframe

Do we know how long they were sitting there?  Would like to know what specific intersection it is to see if they could have come through that one from another direction.  And they absolutely can coordinate with the railroad and law enforcement to schedule it coming through. 

I'm guessing the remaining blades will take a different route.  :oldunsure:  

ETA:  You can go down quite a YouTube rabbit hole of trains crashing into things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread