What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

President Joe Biden's gift to America on the anniversary leading up to 9/11: 20 Years!!! (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
With almost 20 years since the masterminds of AQ and the Taliban taking down the Towers in New York City, the Pentagon attack and yes there was a plane set to attack the White House until some brave passengers decided to take control of the plane and display the true passion of what being an American is all about, the same passion those men and women who bravely entered those towers with not a 2nd thought about their own safety to try and save as many people as they could before the towers crumbled.

I wish I could have just done what I normally do and just have everyone post in the FFA for a memorial but I am afraid those days are gone now.

I think we all saw some of the footage and pictures of what went down in Afghanistan in the last week, it speaks for themselves without an MoP monologue/editorial and lighting Biden up like a Christmas Tree, it won't really help things. 

Very sad that this is the story leading up to 9/11 in the Middle East. I wondered if others are pretty off put realizing that 20 years is coming up and we just did a Saigon leaving Afghanistan? The images of the fighters in our soldiers gear walking inside the airport hangers and it just sickens you knowing the horror that people will face...already door to door knockdowns and executions, State TV already had terrorists with machine guns in their studios ordering them what to say on TV, folks singers executed, priests hung from helicopters already, the ones we left behind, police chiefs executed in front of their towns and all to send a message that they are now back in charge. 

Not much to feel good about 20 years later and it's awfully hard to rally folks at home to fight anything abroad when they are embarrassed and openly project hate towards the country they live in here in America. That is where we are at, fractured down the middle some 20 years later.

-I'm numb

Last edited by a moderator:
I also didn't care for the re-enactment of Scarface when Montana watches his nemesis kicked out and hung from the helicopter. They took one of our choppers and hung a guy flying over the crowds, awesome visual for folks. 
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1432787595533164545

The claim that the Taliban executed a man via helicopter hanging - promoted by Sen. Ted Cruz, Rep. Dan Crenshaw, and numerous others on the right - has been thoroughly debunked.

https://www.altnews.in/does-the-video-show-taliban-hanging-a-body-from-a-helicopter/?utm_source=website&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=newpost

Alt News came across a tweet by Afghan news agency Aśvaka that posted a similar video of a helicopter over the Kandahar governor office. We got in touch with the channel via DM and it confirmed that the man was suspended from the helicopter to fix the flag on the governor’s building. “We have a team there, they have confirmed that the person was controlled and hanging from the helicopter to fix the flag at the governor’s building in Kandahar,” the channel told us. 

Local journalist Sadiqullah Afghan had also posted one of the videos that showed a man suspended from a helicopter. He informed that the man was a Talib and was trying to put a flag on a 100-metre pole.

The claim that the Taliban executed a man via helicopter hanging - promoted by Sen. Ted Cruz, Rep. Dan Crenshaw, and numerous others on the right - has been thoroughly debunked.

https://www.altnews.in/does-the-video-show-taliban-hanging-a-body-from-a-helicopter/?utm_source=website&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=newpost

Alt News came across a tweet by Afghan news agency Aśvaka that posted a similar video of a helicopter over the Kandahar governor office. We got in touch with the channel via DM and it confirmed that the man was suspended from the helicopter to fix the flag on the governor’s building. “We have a team there, they have confirmed that the person was controlled and hanging from the helicopter to fix the flag at the governor’s building in Kandahar,” the channel told us. 

Local journalist Sadiqullah Afghan had also posted one of the videos that showed a man suspended from a helicopter. He informed that the man was a Talib and was trying to put a flag on a 100-metre pole.
That's nice Sinn Fein, thank you.

"And if they told you wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them?"

-Del Griffith,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              American Light and Fixture, jewelry div. 

this is what happens when our politicians are more concerned about ratings and optics than actually doing their job. 

Why was the original withdrawal date moved closer to 9-11? It obv wasn't to give them more time to evacuate military members, allies and equipment.  It was so that Biden can have his Mission Accomplished" moment on the anniversary and make everyone go "look how amazing he is!"

this is what happens when our politicians are more concerned about ratings and optics than actually doing their job. 

Why was the original withdrawal date moved closer to 9-11? It obv wasn't to give them more time to evacuate military members, allies and equipment.  It was so that Biden can have his Mission Accomplished" moment on the anniversary and make everyone go "look how amazing he is!"

yes, yes, & yes.

all true & disappointing & sad.  photo ops & politics over the right thing to do.  more prevalent than ever.

Nice deflection.  

It was a direct response to a post…how in the world was that deflection?
First, he never address the original op, his concerns and feelings. Second we all know very bad things happened and will happen there but let’s debunk one story.  That’s a massive deflection from reality.  Dont you agree?

20 years ago, we walked into a disorganized country where the Taliban and AL-Qaeda were in control.

20 years later, we leave a disorganized country primed for civil war, armed with the best armed weaponry in relation to military size in the history of the planet, carrying body bags from thousands of dead and wounded soldiers where the taliban, AL-Qaeda, and Isis-K are in charge. 

First, he never address the original op, his concerns and feelings. Second we all know very bad things happened and will happen there but if let’s debunk one story.  That’s a massive deflection from reality.  Dont you agree?
His reply wasn’t to the OP.  He debunked the story in the lost he replied to.

I don’t believe it was meant to say anything else…that isn’t even close to a deflection.  

First, he never address the original op, his concerns and feelings. Second we all know very bad things happened and will happen there but if let’s debunk one story.  That’s a massive deflection from reality.  Dont you agree?
Er no. 

It was a debunked story that should be left alone as though it were true. 

I responded to a specific post - nothing more, nothing less. Don’t ascribe meaning when you obviously have no idea of my thoughts. 

Er no. 

It was a debunked story that should be left alone as though it were true. 

I responded to a specific post - nothing more, nothing less. Don’t ascribe meaning when you obviously have no idea of my thoughts. 
Yeah you’re such a complex guy.  

I don’t believe it was meant to say anything else…that isn’t even close to a deflection.  
So let’s just go with everything is great in Afghanistan stick.  Let’s see how that plays out...what do you think?  

Would you consider moving your family to Afghanistan?

That might have been the original plan but it backfired.  How is Biden going to talk about it now with egg all over his face?

This is a good thing. We should send our sons and daughters overseas to die only when it is truly necessary.
I'm sure all the women's rights groups would agree with you, especially how women are revered in Afghanistan and throughout most of the Middle East countries.

-Part of the major issue and headaches is the fact we are so advanced and have great wealth and resources compared to these other places where they still live like it's hundreds of years ago. 

Decades of staying OUT of Nation building only turned the ME into a terrorist production line assembly with universities in how to make bombs to explode into your enemies' flesh to peel off their bones, not sure what would be deemed necessary but it appears the enemy has no boundaries, why should we?  

Its a little annoying when people say we spent $2bn for nothing. At the very least, we helped a whole generation of young women grow up free from the Taliban oppression where they could get an education. 

Its a little annoying when people say we spent $2bn for nothing. At the very least, we helped a whole generation of young women grow up free from the Taliban oppression where they could get an education. 
Except, unless you are one of the lucky few that escaped you won't ever be able to use that education and you might even be tortured and killed because of it.

On that note, the front runner for the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics is currently the mainstream media for discovering the existence of women in Afghanistan

It was Trump's plan to get out of Afghanistan, no?

Wouldn't this be Trump's gift to America?

It was Trump's plan to get out of Afghanistan, no?

Wouldn't this be Trump's gift to America?
The Afghanistan thread is a pretty good read that walks you through the peace deal Trump had with the Taliban, the Taliban not holding up their end of the bargain and all the mistakes Biden made when he had no obligation to follow through with any of it.  

The Afghanistan thread is a pretty good read that walks you through the peace deal Trump had with the Taliban, the Taliban not holding up their end of the bargain and all the mistakes Biden made when he had no obligation to follow through with any of it.  

I mean I definitely don't disagree mistakes were made by this administration, just seems a little shall we say hypocritical to act like leaving Afghanistan was Biden's plan or something.

I mean I definitely don't disagree mistakes were made by this administration, just seems a little shall we say hypocritical to act like leaving Afghanistan was Biden's plan or something.
It would be more correct to say it was Trump's idea.  Biden took full control of the plan and decision making January 20th including moving the exit date to align with 9/11.  He owns every bit of the execution after January 20th.   The gift for 9/11 referred to in the OP is entirely Biden.  Unless you are referencing something else?

It was stupid to get involved with Afghanistan in the first place and it was even dumber staying there 20 years.

Biden's withdrawal was botched but both he and Trump were correct for getting America out of that hellhole.

It would be more correct to say it was Trump's idea.  Biden took full control of the plan and decision making January 20th including moving the exit date to align with 9/11.  He owns every bit of the execution after January 20th.   The gift for 9/11 referred to in the OP is entirely Biden.  Unless you are referencing something else?
Biden extended the timeline so he could get a 9/11 20 year anniversary photo op. I can remember the outrage from the fellas when Trump parted the rioters and held up a bible. 

Users who are viewing this thread