What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Checking on my Louisiana FBG (2 Viewers)

ragincajun

Footballguy
We have a mess down here currently.  I have been without power since Sunday night at 11.  We also lost cell service.  Cell service can back at 5-6pm Monday for my area.  Where are my LA folks at?  Anyone need assistance?

The transformer??? That feeds all of Orleans parish fell into the river apparently.
Yep, was holding 8 transmission lines and survived Katrina unscathed, but not so lucky with Ida. 

And we are good up north, everything went east of us.  Donating some supplies to a few drives through our work, but if there's anything specifically that would be beneficial to our FBG fam, y'all please speak up!

Yep, was holding 8 transmission lines and survived Katrina unscathed, but not so lucky with Ida. 

And we are good up north, everything went east of us.  Donating some supplies to a few drives through our work, but if there's anything specifically that would be beneficial to our FBG fam, y'all please speak up!

WWL Radio said yesterday that that tower carried only one of eight transmission lines into the city, not all eight. But: all eight lines failed in different ways. So all eight are down, but that tower was but one.

Everyone outside the area thinks we need food, water, and shelter — and I’m sure many do. Most people around me, including me, need gasoline first, second, and third. Severe gas shortage, and no way to leave town to get it. Generators without gas are useless. Car gasoline only lasts so long when using it for AC, charging phones, checking on family scattered about, sitting in gas lines, etc.

WWL Radio said yesterday that that tower carried only one of eight transmission lines into the city, not all eight. But: all eight lines failed in different ways. So all eight are down, but that tower was but one.

Everyone outside the area thinks we need food, water, and shelter — and I’m sure many do. Most people around me, including me, need gasoline first, second, and third. Severe gas shortage, and no way to leave town to get it. Generators without gas are useless. Car gasoline only lasts so long when using it for AC, charging phones, checking on family scattered about, sitting in gas lines, etc.
 Thanks, GB. I was going off what they were reporting yesterday on WWL. That does make it a tiny bit better I suppose. I'd guess that is going to be quite a feat to replace, but maybe it will be easier to come up with an alternative plan with only one line affected for that tower. 

And I hear ya, I can't imagine. Slept in my truck one night last summer post-hurricane just for the AC. I'd bring y'all a truckload if I could

My wife's family all lives out there.  Her mom's house (Prairieville) was spared any damage (unlike last time it flooded), but wife's cousin's place (Gonzales) lost the carport and part of a shed.  

FIL's place (in Paulina) is trashed.  The roof flew off and landed in his neighboring sister's yard.  

Everyone is fine but I'm sure shaken.  

It’s rough here right now.  Nirad if you need me to check on either let me know.  I am nearby.

Doug,

We are in the same boat with gas.  Food seems to be plentiful here also.  I have 4 - 5 gallon containers and have to go every other day to fill up.  Yesterday took me 45 minutes and the lines are getting worse as people go through their initial supply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug,

We are in the same boat with gas.  Food seems to be plentiful here also.  I have 4 - 5 gallon containers and have to go every other day to fill up.  Yesterday took me 45 minutes and the lines are getting worse as people go through their initial supply.

Waiting in my fourth gas line of the day now. I was in my SIL’s car earlier, my third gas line, when I hit finally hit pay-dirt. Now I need to fill my car and another gas can for my in-laws.

If I strike out here, I have a tip on another one tomorrow at 5:00 am.

@Nathan R. Jessep @ragincajun, you’ll appreciate this: Yesterday, there was a huge gas station/truck stop called State Oil in Belle Chasse. Lots of locals from any parish went there for gas. Today, I tried them and was turned away by Plaquemines Parish deputies. Only parish residents could get past.

Orleans and Jefferson Parish don’t do that. So provincial, really messed up. Way to help your neighbors.

Doug B said:
Waiting in my fourth gas line of the day now. I was in my SIL’s car earlier, my third gas line, when I hit finally hit pay-dirt. Now I need to fill my car and another gas can for my in-laws.

If I strike out here, I have a tip on another one tomorrow at 5:00 am.

Second gas run was also successful! Got more gas for my in-laws. Basically won the Gasoline Super Bowl today after being down 35-0 at the half! 

Gas situation improved markedly on Thursday. There were new long lines in the morning as several new stations near me started selling. But by 3:00 pm, the places still selling gas “only” had like 20-25 car lines.

I could use a whole home generator 😗
We had been planning to do this.  The freeze back in the spring was very motivating.  (We are in Houston.)  We now have solar panels and three Tesla power walls.  We can run the entire house with this setup.  It's glorious.

Good luck to all you Louisianans over there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread