What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Fran pays if you DON'T shoot someone (1 Viewer)

"The Dream Keeper Fellowship will pay 10 individuals who are at high risk of being on either end of a shooting $300 each month to not be involved in such crimes." per the article.

so you do have to avoid getting shot as well.   duck, bob and weave for that gov't money.

Just to be clear, I'm allowed to shoot people on weekends and approved holidays, right?  What about personal vacation days?  Can I plug somebody then?  Stabbing, poisoning, and electrocution just aren't as much fun.

You guys laugh, but I would refrain from shooting people if the government paid me not to.  I actually have lots of experience in not shooting people -- I think I'm rather well-qualified for this job.  Where do I sign up?
I get a feeling you wouldnt make the final cut

Just to be clear, I'm allowed to shoot people on weekends and approved holidays, right?  What about personal vacation days?  Can I plug somebody then?  Stabbing, poisoning, and electrocution just aren't as much fun.
now strangling..............................................................

You guys laugh, but I would refrain from shooting people if the government paid me not to.  I actually have lots of experience in not shooting people -- I think I'm rather well-qualified for this job.  Where do I sign up?
Move to SF and report back. 

Many states have capital punishment for killing people yet it doesn't seem to prevent it? You mean all we had to do is pay people a few hundred $? 

But all that not shooting is completely wasted if you end up getting shot. Count me out.

I think with your record of not shooting you have a strong case that if you did shoot someone  it was probably  a good idea.

It’s kind of described in the article. Pilot program with 10 participants. I’d guess they have an interview process to determine the 10 people they feel have the most reach in their community. 
I don't know who is on the city commission but this has to go down as a top ten "worst decisions every made by a city council".  ever-ever-ever.

so if these 10 people don't shoot someone for a year do they HIRE some more people because it was such a success?  spent my honeymoon in SF down by the wharf for a week.  It was glorious-the city.    what happened to that city?

I don't know who is on the city commission but this has to go down as a top ten "worst decisions every made by a city council".  ever-ever-ever.

so if these 10 people don't shoot someone for a year do they HIRE some more people because it was such a success?  spent my honeymoon in SF down by the wharf for a week.  It was glorious-the city.    what happened to that city?
To me this sounds like a UBI type thing. The program has been done in other places with varying degrees of success and failure it said in this article. This seems hard to measure.

Havent been in downtown SF since Covid but prior to it was one of my favorite cities to visit. Used to go about 5 times a year on the company dime. Great food, amazing setting. 

I like the grunge and edge but you definitely had to pay a bit of attention where you walked sometimes (and not just for the poop). Can’t imagine covid has made that better.

It’s kind of described in the article. Pilot program with 10 participants. I’d guess they have an interview process to determine the 10 people they feel have the most reach in their community. 

And it is a bit more involved than just not shooting people. 😃 It also involves completing life services programs.

https://thecrimereport.org/2021/08/31/san-francisco-program-will-pay-people-to-end-gun-violence/

Over time, as participants hit monthly milestones — like landing a job interview, complying with probation, or consistently meeting with a mentor — they will be able to earn up to $200 more a month. To help keep participants on track, the Dream Keeper Fellowship will pair individuals with newly hired life coaches from the Street Violence Intervention Program (SVIP).

To me this sounds like a UBI type thing. The program has been done in other places with varying degrees of success and failure it said in this article. This seems hard to measure.

Havent been in downtown SF since Covid but prior to it was one of my favorite cities to visit. Used to go about 5 times a year on the company dime. Great food, amazing setting. 

I like the grunge and edge but you definitely had to pay a bit of attention where you walked sometimes (and not just for the poop). Can’t imagine covid has made that better.
it WAS a great city.  it's stuff like this program to pay someone $300 to not shoot someone------just seems like the last straw.  turned a destination city into=not sure we want to go there now= into no way we are going to that city.

it WAS a great city.  it's stuff like this program to pay someone $300 to not shoot someone------just seems like the last straw.  turned a destination city into=not sure we want to go there now= into no way we are going to that city.
It’s not for everyone :lol:  

And it is a bit more involved than just not shooting people. 😃 It also involves completing life services programs.

https://thecrimereport.org/2021/08/31/san-francisco-program-will-pay-people-to-end-gun-violence/
terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!  now they will get PAID to do what they are supposed to do or what most people would think the right thing to do.  imagine if they actually get a job?  $3000 bonus from the city?  bonus for keeping a job for over 3 weeks?  as long as they are going down this path, how about another trial where we pay 10 select few to not abuse their wife?

count me as in total disbelief on this whole thing.  no one would believe it if it wasn't true.   & all from the former great city of San Fran.

Summer Wheat said:
Was in downtown SF for a wedding in the spring.  It was a disaster.  Was so shocked at how far that beautiful city has fallen.
The city is a complete disaster.  Was there several years ago on vacation, some guy was peeing on sidewalk while we were having lunch then walking down street we saw a completely naked guy sitting on a chair on sidewalk.  Will never return.  

The city is a complete disaster.  Was there several years ago on vacation, some guy was peeing on sidewalk while we were having lunch then walking down street we saw a completely naked guy sitting on a chair on sidewalk.  Will never return.  

Your account may be true, but I am skeptical... :coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
When you got to go, you got to go.

Your account may be true, but I am skeptical... :coffee:
So who appointed the judge and jury here?   I took a 10 day California vacation with family that started in la and ended in sf.  Everything was great until our last 2 days in San Fran. I have a nephew that has lived in sf for past 6 years training in sf general as cardiologist and can’t wait to leave.  He is only there for the work experience.

So who appointed the judge and jury here?   I took a 10 day California vacation with family that started in la and ended in sf.  Everything was great until our last 2 days in San Fran. I have a nephew that has lived in sf for past 6 years training in sf general as cardiologist and can’t wait to leave.  He is only there for the work experience.
He’s just trolling you.  Dont even entertain him with a response. 

Pretty sure SF was as left as can be when shadrap went there on his honeymoon

What would be considered the left in those days would probably be considered an independent or left leaning conservative these days.  The left has shifted.
You can't be serious. San Francisco has been at the forefront of the liberal movement for decades. There was nothiing conservative anot the the Beatniks, hippies, or the civil rights movement, etc.

Pretty sure SF was as left as can be when shadrap went there on his honeymoon
no idea. didn't care & don't care.   just know that the city has changed for the worse.  once a beautiful, vibrant city.   now...........................................................................

You can't be serious. San Francisco has been at the forefront of the liberal movement for decades. There was nothiing conservative anot the the Beatniks, hippies, or the civil rights movement, etc.
Did they let the hippies put tents wherever they wanted, make trespassing pretty much legal, and allow you to take a dump on the street while whining about Abraham lincoln being a racist? 

no idea. didn't care & don't care.   just know that the city has changed for the worse.  once a beautiful, vibrant city.   now...........................................................................
Now…… a beautiful, vibrant city. 

You wouldn't like India then either.

Users who are viewing this thread