What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RBs/WRs you're targeting in Rds 7-10? (1 Viewer)

ostrich

Footballguy
Seems like most teams have filled out their starters at this point and are stockpiling RBs and WRs in these rounds (besides those who missed the top QBs and TEs and are waiting). Whats your strategy here and what guys are you targeting in these rounds? There are a ton of guys who seem indistinguishable or uninteresting and it seems like many teams end up wasting these picks with filler because they didnt plan.

Seems like most teams have filled out their starters at this point and are stockpiling RBs and WRs in these rounds (besides those who missed the top QBs and TEs and are waiting). Whats your strategy here and what guys are you targeting in these rounds? There are a ton of guys who seem indistinguishable or uninteresting and it seems like many teams end up wasting these picks with filler because they didnt plan.

If Jerry Jeudy or Javonte Williams haven't gone off the board I'd start there.

7th: Anderson, Boyd, Sermon, Sutton
8th: A. Brown, Gallup, Shenault,  D. Smith, Connor (not sexy but he'll be the GL back & see a lot of snaps)
9th: R. Jones II (maybe 8th), A.J. Dillon, Pittman, Carter
10th: Hines, MJJ, Pollard, Mooney

Mine were Sermon (7), Michael Thomas (8), TE (9), Shenault (10).

Felt ok taking a stab for Thomas with Metcalf/K.Allen already starting in a 2 WR league. Sermon was handcuff for 6th round pick of Mostert.

Callaway and Kenyan Drake seem like easy money that late in the draft. Callaway has a pretty clear path the first 6 weeks and then we'll go from there. But let's say he ends up avg 12-15 weekly as your WR 3-4/Flex option, you would take that all day long. Winston likes to throw deep. 

Drake is going to be very involved especially in the receiving game. His last 3 years have been 1,000/8Tds, 1,150/9Tds, 1,050/10 Tds and mind you he had 103 catches over two years in '18 and '19, think he can rack up at least 50 again. What does 55/1,100/6Tds do for you as a bye week filler at RB, potential flex options and if he hits his stride could be a huge part of the offense there. They paid him some decent coin and had a RB on a rookie deal, they are not going to watch him sit on the bench. 

Good luck 

A lot of Shenault and Callaway love. Where are these guys going in your drafts? Lets assess whether they still have value at their recent ADPs given recent performances/happenings

Guy in my 10 teamer PPR dropped Michael Thomas. He is a pretty astute player, so it was a tad surprising. Seeing Thomas show up in here has me second guessing now.

A lot of Shenault and Callaway love. Where are these guys going in your drafts? Lets assess whether they still have value at their recent ADPs given recent performances/happenings
Full candor, Shenault was not my target going into my draft. I took him in the 10th only because he remained 'best available' on the ESPN draft tracker through 2 earlier picks and I did not see anyone else I loved. No one seemed to be targeting him in my 12-team league. Calloway went round 14. Given my pick of M Thomas, I was looking at him earlier but I was set at WR at that point. Might have done things differently knowing he'd last that long.

Guy in my 10 teamer PPR dropped Michael Thomas. He is a pretty astute player, so it was a tad surprising. Seeing Thomas show up in here has me second guessing now.
If one was already set at WR and they have later bye weeks, MT could be a real value. Saints have a bye week 6 so 12 straight games after that.

Drafted Thomas in the 9th in a 12-team PPR league. The fact that we have two IR slots made it a no-brainer.

Also, Yahoo absolutely buries him in ADP to the point where he's not going to pop up on anyone's list of upcoming players unless they actively go looking for him. That's gotta be pushing down his draft price. I mostly do my mocks on Yahoo or Fantasy Pros, and with the latter he goes much earlier.

FYI my picks in the 7-10 range were Deebo, Golladay, MT and Pittman. Also got Elijah Moore in the 12th and Mooney in the 15th. Of those, Golladay is the one I'm most worried about (that was a bet on talent overcoming situation) and Pittman is the one I'm most excited about. I guess I'm worried about Deebo, too. I wonder if SF 2021 = Carolina 2019, where it looked like Moore and CSamuel were 1a and 1b, but by the end of the year it became clear that Moore was way better. We may see something similar this year with Aiyuk pulling away

Mike Willams

Antonio Brown

Gage

Both Moore's

Marshall

Marvin

Edwards

MVS

some of these are after round 10, but creeping up...

7th round was my keeper. 8th I took Tonyan.

But 9-14 is here

9 - Michael Pittman

10 - Rondale Moore

11 - Tony Pollard (handcuff)

12 - Van Jefferson

13 - Gainwell (handcuff but also to have)

14 - Bryan Edwards

What round would you guys target Michael Thomas in a keeper league?  If I take him in the 7th for example, I could keep it for a 7th round draft pick next year.

What round would you guys target Michael Thomas in a keeper league?  If I take him in the 7th for example, I could keep it for a 7th round draft pick next year.
Definitely going to go higher in that league. My guess is someone takes him late 3rd/early 4th round. That’s a value keep when he should only miss 6 weeks this year. Could bounce back to 2nd round redraft value in 2022.

I'd hope to land him in the late 5th, and if he went before that, oh well you dodged a potential headache

Callaway and Kenyan Drake seem like easy money that late in the draft. Callaway has a pretty clear path the first 6 weeks and then we'll go from there. But let's say he ends up avg 12-15 weekly as your WR 3-4/Flex option, you would take that all day long. Winston likes to throw deep. 

Drake is going to be very involved especially in the receiving game. His last 3 years have been 1,000/8Tds, 1,150/9Tds, 1,050/10 Tds and mind you he had 103 catches over two years in '18 and '19, think he can rack up at least 50 again. What does 55/1,100/6Tds do for you as a bye week filler at RB, potential flex options and if he hits his stride could be a huge part of the offense there. They paid him some decent coin and had a RB on a rookie deal, they are not going to watch him sit on the bench. 

Good luck 
Every year there is a player or two who goes way later than they should. I think Drake is that guy. He's gone from a late first rounder to a forgotten man. 

I went Aiyuk/Callaway/Stafford/R Jones II last night

Was also interested in B Cooks/D Singletary/Chark/Shenault
Chark is sneaky this year. He has to be extremely happy to have Lawrence throwing to him as apposed to Minchew not throwing to him. 

12 team superflex draft tonight, here's what took in the mid rounds

7 - Javonte

8 - Carter

9 - Sutton

10 - Drake

11 - Callaway

It's all WR in this round.  Every draft I've done I've reached a bit more and more for RB this year.  The results keep getting better.... there's no good RB value in these rounds, stock up early and go wild on WR's in these rounds and it will pay off.

Users who are viewing this thread