What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are YOUR guys -- especially in second half of the draft? (1 Viewer)

TexasBall

Footballguy
Who are you making sure you get even if you have to reach a bit from Round 8 and beyond? Most years I have a solid list but this year im drawing blanks on exciting, high confidence picks in later rounds. At this point mine include:

Shenault JAX -- going to be so multiple, although hes going in 7th round in some cases

Coleman NYJ -- he's finally healthy and has the upside despite crap team and many rounds after M Carter

Tonyan GB -- the mantra of "no way he can repeat his previous season" has gone too far IMO and 1) he still has Rogers 2) he's one year more experienced 3) hes really good

Meyers NE -- Jones already making quick decisions and will lean on this kid

Rondale Moore ARi -- worth the flier bc hes electric and if Kingsbury can do anything right its to feed these kind of guys

After this I cant say im ALL IN on anyone else

Who YOU got??

Off the top of my head:

• Pittman
  • Mooney
  • Pollard
  • AJ Dillon
  • Corey Davis
  • Deebo
  • Calloway

• Stevenson
  • Corey Davis
  • Burrow
  • Ronald Jones
  • Meyers
  • Lance
  • Pittman
  • Freiermuth
  • Tony Jones
  • Callaway
  • Hubbard
  • Waddle

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Williams

was Gus

Giovanni

Callaway

Higbee

Everett

Rondale Moore

Antonio Brown

Marshall

Edwards

Trevor Lawrence 

Hope you are right.  Last redraft I did I missed on what I think is the final tier of Dak, Herbert, Russ and Rodgers - then some idiot took his backup QB immediately after that.  Ended up with him as my starter.  Ended up with about 6 RB #2/3 players in those middling rounds though.  Not excited about the rookie growing pains with Trevor Lawrence and my fantasy hopes relying on him. 

My list:

Waddle (typical boom/bust at the end of the draft)

Mooney (disappointed I took him in all my redrafts because of the Andy Dalton effect but... *enter Justin Fields*)

Phillip Lindsay (stupid low draft capital and likely majority shareholder of that backfield)

Callaway (I own zero shares because he want much earlier than I would have thought)

Tyrell Williams (someone has to catch balls in Detroit)

Jaelon Reagor (I think there is a lot of attention going toward Smith, while he could benefit)

Javonte Williams - look at his schedule weeks 1-4 and 12-17.very juicy

Sterling Shepherd - no one is talking about the best WR on the Giants. very good late round sleeper pick.always produces.

Chris Godwin - if that last preseason game is any indication, Godwin is due about 113 recs, like Edelman, like Welker.

James Robinson

Zach Wilson

T. Lawrence

Gus Edwards

Tannethrill

Dak

Zeke Elliott

Nick Chubb

J. Waddle

Davonta Smith

Freiermuth

Michael Carter

Matt Stafford

D. Henderson

Pittman 

B. Cooks

wont touch any Patriot, any Browns player other than Chubb, any chicago player, no raiders, panthers. falcons, bengals, lions.

I'll take R. Moore & Mr. Mooney off the above lists and add A. St. Brown.

As a late round flyer, (at WR) it is hard to argue with this.   Bad Lions defense, with limited weapons and Tyrell Williams isn't necessarily the bastion of health.

If Brown puts up "mere WR2" numbers at times, he will save you some weeks when others are on bye or injured.

I don't often get WRs as bench dart throws, but this is a case where I might snag him somewhere.

TZM

Trey Lance as a boom/bust QB2 behind a top 6 qb starter....feeling more and more it'll be bust.

For those who punt on their QB1 and want to take a late-round flier on a second one, Fields and Lance aren't bad picks, but I like Tua way over any of the rookie QBs. First of all, rookies are always a bigger risk, and pretty much guaranteed to have lots of ups and downs (Herbert was pretty much the best season we've ever seen from a rookie, and he tailed off significantly in the second half of the season). Second, the main thing that seems to be dropping Tua's price was last year, where for a variety of reasons I don't think he was set up to succeed, most notably piss-poor weapons and an OC who was Fitz's guy and didn't really try to build an offense around his skills.

Finally, although I'm a big proponent of "trends continue until the moment they stop", there does seem to be something where the breakout second year QB flying under the radar. In 2017, we thought it would be Dak and it was Wentz. 2018, we thought it would be Watson and it was Mahomes. 2019 Baker/Lamar. Didn't really hold last year -- Kyler was the expected breakout and he mostly was, unless you want to count Allen in his third year. Still, I think there is something to a second-year guy where the game finally slows down for him and he puts it all together. And I could see it happening with Tua this year.

Other advantage to taking a late-round flier on Tua is that, unlike with Fields and Lance, who you'll have to stash on your bench for multiple weeks before you know if you have something, with Tua you should have a good idea within the first couple weeks. So start off with someone like Tannehill, Hurts or Fitz, and if Tua comes out gangbusters you'll have him in your starting lineup by Week 2 or 3 and can move on from the other guy.

Users who are viewing this thread