What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFT Anonymous Group - Where we frivolously spend crypto gains on digital animal cartoons. (1 Viewer)

So in my getting up to speed on all this, can't help to comment that there is a tremendous amount of noise involved.  From discord to youtube to twitter to navigating project websites.   A lot of it is still complete lunacy to me. 

Do you really need to be really active in discord communities for a project and try to promote on twitter?  I get that this may be a full time job for some people but I definitely don't have the time to dedicate to this.  The community involvement seems a bit weird from my standpoint so I'm definitely not ready to embrace this like some might.  It may seem less strange over time but still, seems like a lot of time to dedicate.  I guess the question is if you aren't really dedicated to it, what are your chances at being successful if its just a secondary hobby?

Do you need to mint or be on whitelists to really cash in on this or is it easy enough to still make $$$ once you are buying something already on sale.  How risky is it to be buying later like this?

Once the price drops considerably once they are on sale, do they come back?  What would make them come back?

Everyone talks about utility but how can you really tell if a project has legit utility?  It seems like anyone can promise anything on a roadmap.  I suppose this comes down to doing some research on the team involved so perhaps another important question is do you ever get involved with teams that have more anonymous dev teams?

Do you buy just for the art ever or is that a much harder way to make money here?

Are you focused on ethereum or solana based?  Do you think one is better than the other?

If there are gas fees, do you know what they are ahead of time?

Thanks if anyone has time to answer!

Last edited by a moderator:
So in my getting up to speed on all this, can't help to comment that there is a tremendous amount of noise involved.  From discord to youtube to twitter to navigating project websites.   A lot of it is still complete lunacy to me. 

Do you really need to be really active in discord communities for a project and try to promote on twitter?  I get that this may be a full time job for some people but I definitely don't have the time to dedicate to this.  The community involvement seems a bit weird from my standpoint so I'm definitely not ready to embrace this like some might.  It may seem less strange over time but still, seems like a lot of time to dedicate.  I guess the question is if you aren't really dedicated to it, what are your chances at being successful if its just a secondary hobby?

Do you need to mint or be on whitelists to really cash in on this or is it easy enough to still make $$$ once you are buying something already on sale.  How risky is it to be buying later like this?

Once the price drops considerably once they are on sale, do they come back?  What would make them come back?

Everyone talks about utility but how can you really tell if a project has legit utility?  It seems like anyone can promise anything on a roadmap.  I suppose this comes down to doing some research on the team involved so perhaps another important question is do you ever get involved with teams that have more anonymous dev teams?

Do you buy just for the art ever or is that a much harder way to make money here?

Are you focused on ethereum or solana based?  Do you think one is better than the other?

If there are gas fees, do you know what they are ahead of time?

Thanks if anyone has time to answer!
I check the discord a lot to see what the general feeling is on a project. Usually you can find a lot of info there about things like collabs and air drops too, stuff like that. I don't participate much, i just read. I don't tweet much but I do like a bunch of project related tweets to try to get more eyes on them. People from the project will follow me if I like a certain tweet and they expect a follow back but I have no interest in doing that.

Minting/whitelist is great because if it's a hyped project it's an easy quick flip profit. On super hyped projects, if you're not whitelisted and you just try to get one during the general mint you can run into super high gas prices, like 4 figure gas prices. You have to be careful because there is a chance you will lose the gas fee and not even mint what you're trying to mint. a lot of times it's worth the risk because like I said earlier it's an easy quick flip for big dollars.

Some times projects do come back after dropping way down. An example of this is Fang Gang. It's been way down for a few months and then out of the blue the floor went 4x in a matter of days. Usually the pattern for a project that will sell out is; mint, immediate rise on secondary due to those who couldn't mint, steady rise until reveal and then a drop post reveal. Usually it takes about 2-4 weeks to see what the actual floor will be. After that it's in the hands of the project leaders. MekaVerse minted at .2 and went all the way to 8.7 pre reveal only to drop to .6 eventually. It's now popping back up because the team is killer.

Yeah, the roadmap is just a plan, who knows that will happen. Doxxed devs are much preferable to anonymous. Usually I'll pass on a project if the team is anonymous.

Sometimes you can buy for the art but depends on the project and who the artist is.

Ethereum is pretty much king right now. Solana was coming on but a lot of those projects are dropping.

You know approximately what the gas fees are but they can fluctuate as you're making your purchase. Sometimes you have to ok higher gas fees in order for your purchase to go through.

I'm really trying to buy into most of this stuff, but I'm also somewhat skeptical depending the project. As a ball golfer I'm really trying to understand this project: https://cryptoslate.com/linksdao-just-raised-10-5-million-and-is-looking-to-decentralize-the-golfing-experience/

LinksDAO, a decentralized autonomous organization founded by Mike Dudas, has sold out its debut collection of NFTs raising $10.5 million. The funds, according to Dudas, will be used to shake things up in the real world by reimagining the country club.

The goal of the DAO is to buy a Top 100-caliber golf course in the US and transform it into a modern leisure club for a “global community of thousands of enthusiasts.”

And while this might seem like a crossover too ambitious to the stuffy golf club experience, the project has already gotten quite a bit of attention and is betting on the success projects like the ConstitutionDAO saw in the past few months.

So they are taking physical properties that are located in the US where you have to be onsite to play the game, yet it's for a global community of enthusiasts. That just sounds like made up bull ####. 

I'm really trying to buy into most of this stuff, but I'm also somewhat skeptical depending the project. As a ball golfer I'm really trying to understand this project: https://cryptoslate.com/linksdao-just-raised-10-5-million-and-is-looking-to-decentralize-the-golfing-experience/

So they are taking physical properties that are located in the US where you have to be onsite to play the game, yet it's for a global community of enthusiasts. That just sounds like made up bull ####. 
Golf Goonz on Polygon is an interesting project that's only been live for a few weeks.  https://linktr.ee/GolfGoonz

It sort of fuses NFTs and fantasy golf.  One of the ways to earn is if your golfer wins a weekly tournament, you'll get a nice payout.  There are only 10 NFT's per golfer and they are slowly rolling out minting throughout the season (creating pot rollovers when somebody wins that hasn't been minted yet). Percentages of mints and secondary market sales fuels the payouts.  There's more to it you'd have to read up in the discord. 

There are a number of these sports Punk-like projects popping up on Polygon and they are all gaining some nice organic traction.  

If anyone joins the discord, let me know I'd appreciate it. 

This NFT whale Big Diamond Banana got hacked yesterday. 7 figure loss. Lost a Punk, BYAC, Doodles and like 100 MekaVerse. Other stuff too. Be safe out there. Get a Ledger. Be careful what sites you connect to and always disconnect manually in Metamask.

Scary stuff.  I definitely need to get off my butt and get a hardware wallet.  My main hangups/misunderstandings are...

1) I feel like I'm just as likely to lose my hardware wallet/seed phrase as I am to get hacked on a software wallet.  I'm not the world's most organized dude.  Where are people keeping their seed phrase?  If you keep your wallet and your seed phrase somewhere in the house aren't you at risk if your house burns down or gets broken into?

2) Don't hardware wallets only support limited tokens/networks?  Like can I stake Wonderland on a hardware wallet, and do a bunch of DeFi stuff?

3) I don't love the idea of not having my assets available to me on the go.  I was just on vacation for 2 weeks and needed to make some changes to some of my positions and I wouldn't have been able to do that if they were on a hardware wallet in a safe at home.  I guess the idea is only to keep your long term holds in the hardware wallet?  But then you have gas transfering between them and, as I understand it, the process of moving stuff to the hardware wallet isn't trivial.

This NFT whale Big Diamond Banana got hacked yesterday. 7 figure loss. Lost a Punk, BYAC, Doodles and like 100 MekaVerse. Other stuff too. Be safe out there. Get a Ledger. Be careful what sites you connect to and always disconnect manually in Metamask.
What’s a ledger?  edit:  NVM, a hardware wallet.

I’m mostly mobile device app user…so every time I leave MM I should disconnect?  I never do that…

I am going to try and mint some Monkeyball monkeys tomorrow morning when they go live.  Only 5k available and will probably be at least 50k trying to mint them but I'm going to wake up early and give it a try. . Should be an easy 5x out of the gate with potential for more if you can get one.

I'm also considering Moody Apes.  Still undecided on that as mint price is a little higher (0.18 ETH) and while their discord is healthy, they have almost no following on Twitter.

What’s a ledger?

I’m mostly mobile device app user…so every time I leave MM I should disconnect?  I never do that…
Ledger is a cold wallet (or hardware wallet). I have a Nano X.

https://www.ledger.com/

In Metamask mobile go into settings>privacy/security and clear your browser history. That will disconnect you. On Metamask desktop you can disconnect by clicking those 3 dots top right and opening connected sites.

Scary stuff.  I definitely need to get off my butt and get a hardware wallet.  My main hangups/misunderstandings are...

1) I feel like I'm just as likely to lose my hardware wallet/seed phrase as I am to get hacked on a software wallet.  I'm not the world's most organized dude.  Where are people keeping their seed phrase?  If you keep your wallet and your seed phrase somewhere in the house aren't you at risk if your house burns down or gets broken into?

2) Don't hardware wallets only support limited tokens/networks?  Like can I stake Wonderland on a hardware wallet, and do a bunch of DeFi stuff?

3) I don't love the idea of not having my assets available to me on the go.  I was just on vacation for 2 weeks and needed to make some changes to some of my positions and I wouldn't have been able to do that if they were on a hardware wallet in a safe at home.  I guess the idea is only to keep your long term holds in the hardware wallet?  But then you have gas transfering between them and, as I understand it, the process of moving stuff to the hardware wallet isn't trivial.
I'm pretty unorganized too but the Ledger has been pretty easy  to deal with. You can buy a steel case for your seed phrases if you're worried about fire.

Not sure what Ledger doesn't support but it's good for Eth, bitcoin, solana and a bunch of others. You'd have to check the specs for more info.

Yeah, keep the expensive stuff in the hardware wallet and buy with another wallet. Gas for transfers usually isn't that bad as long as you don't transfer during high gas periods. Happy to spend a few hundred bucks for the extra protection though the Ledger isn't foolproof. You can still sign bad contracts that give away your keys. Have to always be careful.

I'm looking for a clean way to take Credit cards -> Visa Gift Cards -> NFT -> Cash

Goals are mainly to get credit card points and cash back, so more or less money laundering, not a desire to hold NFT for longer than a few moments.  Is this doable on any of the markets you all know of?

Hi, While Doge Pound is not among the popular NFTs for now, its unique artwork ensures that it has great potential in the near future. Also, it has some great minds behind its production and circulation that makes it an attractive option. The price of a single Doge Pound token is around 0.069 ETH.

Check the news on https://investwithanedge.com/nft-marketplace/buy-doge-pound-nft-from-opensea/

Go to OpenSea and search for The Doge Pound NFT. Type “The Doge Pound” in the search bar. Click on your desired NFT. Click on Buy Now. Review Total and click on Checkout. Review Gas Fee. Confirm the transaction on MetaMask.

My daughter want me to turn their digital doodles into NFTs. As I understand it, it costs some money to mint NFTs. No idea if there is anyone interested in their artwork. Is this worth pursuing or should I dissuade them?

My daughter want me to turn their digital doodles into NFTs. As I understand it, it costs some money to mint NFTs. No idea if there is anyone interested in their artwork. Is this worth pursuing or should I dissuade them?
It doesn't have to cost money. You can give them away. However, if you do it on the etherium network a gas fee will be involved in order for the buyer to receive the nft. That fee is dependent on how busy the network is and can range anywhere from $40 to hundreds of dollars. Making and listing nft's is a huge endeavor. A massive learning curve is involved. It could be a nice project for your daughter to work on but it's really complicated stuff. I'd just magnet them on the fridge and leave it there.

It doesn't have to cost money. You can give them away. However, if you do it on the etherium network a gas fee will be involved in order for the buyer to receive the nft. That fee is dependent on how busy the network is and can range anywhere from $40 to hundreds of dollars. Making and listing nft's is a huge endeavor. A massive learning curve is involved. It could be a nice project for your daughter to work on but it's really complicated stuff. I'd just magnet them on the fridge and leave it there.
Could always do it on solana instead of Ethereum. Gas fees would be pennies. No idea what the process is like though.

Was thinking about what kind of NFT I would create if I had any skill- Blind Refs. A series of 32 rare blind referees, and a few thousand football players of varying commonality. Tie it in with a football game that includes various forms of random ####ery by the refs that affect the outcome of games.

Holders would be incentivized and value would be driven by owning players from a particular team (some kind of benefit for owning 22 starters, skill position players more rare, etc).

*Idea came from Browns/Packers game last week
Bump for Raiders fans

So one of the scary parts of owning NFTs is the value can seriously deteriorate if the coin crashes.  Let's say either Solana or Ethereum really crashed in relation to the other.  Do you think these projects can be moved to another blockchain if one coin doesn't prove to have lasting power?

It seems doable if the project is good.  they would just let you mint on the other blockchain, not sure what it does to the price though and if there is even more detoriation in moving.

So one of the scary parts of owning NFTs is the value can seriously deteriorate if the coin crashes.  Let's say either Solana or Ethereum really crashed in relation to the other.  Do you think these projects can be moved to another blockchain if one coin doesn't prove to have lasting power?

It seems doable if the project is good.  they would just let you mint on the other blockchain, not sure what it does to the price though and if there is even more detoriation in moving.
They'll eventually build cross-chain capability so you can move whatever asset to whatever chain.  I don't think moving it would affect value because it could always be moved back or marketed on whatever chain you want (when that capability is built, of course).

So one Solana project we're in is Stoned Apes. Bought 1 at mint but wish we bought more as the floor is about 10x the mint or so.
This project is still going well. There's a couple of 1 off nft's in here. One is a Cheech Stoned Ape. It just sold today for 420 SOL which makes perfect sense.🤐

So one of the scary parts of owning NFTs is the value can seriously deteriorate if the coin...
Another is the finality of transactions. Just saw that earlier today someone sold a Stoned Ape for 6.2 SOL. It looks like they wanted to undercut the floor (around 63 SOL at the time). That's gotta hurt.

I've been slacking on keeping up w/ new mints lately.  Stupid real job.  How have you found these last couple?  I need to jump back in to this again.
MekaVerse has "alpha" channel where other projects discussed. They also have numerous WL giveaways. Also have channel for people holding 5+ Mekas where the owner comes in and gives away WL if you happen to be in discord at that moment. Won Lives of Asuna WL and was given about 5 other WL. Haus was discussed in alpha channel. Have wl for Stoner Ape Club which mints tomorrow. Have Troverse and Squiggles WL as well. Some other small ones. Meka currently partnered with about 25 new projects and giving away WL spots for them.

So after looking at this for a few weeks I've gone in on a couple of projects.  All by the same team, which are completely vetted and have great credentials.

I'm in on the Photo Finish horse racing game coming out of the Stylish Studs/Fine Fillies projects on the Solana blockchain.  I will have two gen 0 horses born in a couple of weeks and ready to race when they release the game in March/April.  Defiinitely appeals to my degenerate side as its a gamble literally.  

The team behind it does the NBC sports horse animation, this stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgP1I6VChg8

They come from Madden and Fanduel.  From everything I've seen they are doing their community right.  They have 15 million users on a mobile horse racing game that is not crypto related, some of those people were on the original whitelists.

We will see but I'm psyched to play this game.  Get to build my own stable of horses, pick the right races to enter, etc.  Its going to be fun, will it turn into a good investment, jury is out but feels good to be early regardless.  Going forward Ill be getting tokens airdropped on an in game currency, going towards being able to operate a racetrack and profit from the betting handle.  Other means of money are winning races of course and then stud fees if you have a good barn or selling the foals if you have fillies.

The second project I got in is related, its from the same team.  Launched a couple of weeks ago, the Suites.  Will have a metaverse suite to invite people into and of course watch my horses race!

So after looking at this for a few weeks I've gone in on a couple of projects.  All by the same team, which are completely vetted and have great credentials.

I'm in on the Photo Finish horse racing game coming out of the Stylish Studs/Fine Fillies projects on the Solana blockchain.  I will have two gen 0 horses born in a couple of weeks and ready to race when they release the game in March/April.  Defiinitely appeals to my degenerate side as its a gamble literally.  

The team behind it does the NBC sports horse animation, this stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgP1I6VChg8

They come from Madden and Fanduel.  From everything I've seen they are doing their community right.  They have 15 million users on a mobile horse racing game that is not crypto related, some of those people were on the original whitelists.

We will see but I'm psyched to play this game.  Get to build my own stable of horses, pick the right races to enter, etc.  Its going to be fun, will it turn into a good investment, jury is out but feels good to be early regardless.  Going forward Ill be getting tokens airdropped on an in game currency, going towards being able to operate a racetrack and profit from the betting handle.  Other means of money are winning races of course and then stud fees if you have a good barn or selling the foals if you have fillies.

The second project I got in is related, its from the same team.  Launched a couple of weeks ago, the Suites.  Will have a metaverse suite to invite people into and of course watch my horses race!
Nice bit of research, DH. I don't know if those particular projects will be successful (just haven't looked into them), but you're going about things the right way.

Ok, so I listened to a buddy’s podcast the other day where he interviewed M Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold. He is a big crypto guy. Since then, I haven’t stopped thinking about it and am upset I never got into the crypto stuff. 

Having said that, I am very conservative. I am not a gambler or risk taker. I obviously love the idea of owning the next bored ape yacht club NFT so I can retire early, but know it’s not that simple. Is there anything I need to know about NFTs, how to get in early on them (I think he said it was whitewash or something to that degree) and ultimately how to make sure anything I might decide to purchase isn’t a total waste of money. 

In my second month of getting to understand this space.

I think there is a real problem with short attention spans, wanting a quick flip and moving on from a project.  I question how much people are really invested in the project itself and the more that get launched just makes this a bigger problem.

In my second month of getting to understand this space.

I think there is a real problem with short attention spans, wanting a quick flip and moving on from a project.  I question how much people are really invested in the project itself and the more that get launched just makes this a bigger problem.
Absolutely. The barrier to entry is ultra-low and now everyone and their brother is piling in to create additional supply. 99% of these projects will end up worthless. That said, if you do your research, you can make a lot of money.

Ok, so I listened to a buddy’s podcast the other day where he interviewed M Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold. He is a big crypto guy. Since then, I haven’t stopped thinking about it and am upset I never got into the crypto stuff. 

Having said that, I am very conservative. I am not a gambler or risk taker. I obviously love the idea of owning the next bored ape yacht club NFT so I can retire early, but know it’s not that simple. Is there anything I need to know about NFTs, how to get in early on them (I think he said it was whitewash or something to that degree) and ultimately how to make sure anything I might decide to purchase isn’t a total waste of money. 
Hop on YouTube and watch Giancarlo Buys Tokens. He does a masterful job of explaining the NFT market and how he researches projects.  

We got into a few losers. Oddly enough the one my son got us into on a whim, without talking to me 1st, is amazing. The team at Stoned Ape Crew is really working their plan. Feeling lucky we minted one. Laughing now at how hard we deliberated before buying another on the secondary at 8.5 SOL. FP is 70.

Better to be lucky than good.

draft kings sucks.

I have Tom Brady Platinum Premier

and you cannot search or anything to see how much they are worth  :hot:

draft kings sucks.

I have Tom Brady Platinum Premier

and you cannot search or anything to see how much they are worth  :hot:

I have 2 Brady's on NFL All Day (topshots for football).  Looks like they're around $400 right now which seems cheap to me if you think these NFT collector's cards are here to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread