What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hopkins v Ridley v Metcalf (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
In a PPR, how would you all rank them?  and why?

Ridley (Ryan) going into year 4, Metcalf (Wilson) into his third and Hopkins (Murray) into his 10th

Had this exact decision in my draft on Tuesday. I went Metcalf, as I believe he has the highest ceiling. I could certainly see an argument for Ridley, as he'll likely see more targets and be more consistent, but Metcalf has WR1 upside that I'm not sure Ridley does, unless Ryan plays much better than he did last year.

Something about Hopkins makes me have him last among the 3. I see him as a very high floor guy, but I'm not sure the ceiling is above WR5 or so, without Arizona completely changing their play calling inside the 10. I think he has a similar floor to Ridley, but with less upside. 

This is one of those cases where NFL-wise, I think Hopkins is the best WR of the 3, but that doesn't matter for fantasy all the time.

I think Ridley may end up with the best FF score this year. My gut says Seattle will run more and spread the ball around more evenly (if healthy I think Eskridge will be a factor). Hopkins with another year with Murray should be pretty safe if healthy. 

This year for FF…

Ridley

Hopkins

DK

Ridley

Hopkins

DK

i think Ridley gets a ton of targets.  I put DK last because Seattle will probably try to run the ball more.  All great talents at WR and owners will be pleased with any of them.  

I have it:

Ridley - legitimate path to WR1 overall 

Hopkins - getting up there in age, but a target hog who wins contested catches

Metcalf - love his game, love his build, but seems like more mouths to feed and no matter what the Seahawks say, the only thing Carroll loves more than chewing gum is running the ball. 

I have Hopkins and Metcalf in both of my leagues..... Auction wise they were the best value for top 5 talent, and for some reason people aren't on them as much because they aren't the "New Shiny Toys".  

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with anyone of them.  Hopkins could easily score closer to 10 tds this year, which is more of his norm after a full off-season with Murray.  Hopkins has a floor of 100 receptions, and 1200 yards, and always the potential to be the top WR 

Metcalf to me is the next possible Calvin Johnson.  He has the potential for 15 tds, and honestly was on his way there last year until the Seahawks offensive coordinator completely messed up their offense the 2nd half of the season.  (First 8 games last year 43 receptions, 788 yards, and 8 Tds, he also had one fumbled in the endzone because he celebrated too early, which would have been 9 Tds through first 8 games)   The potential is there for him to be #1 overall, and I am not sure why more people aren't all over him this year in his 3rd year.  

Ridley definitely has the potential to be #1 overall, and you can't go wrong with him just due to sheer volume.  I think the Falcons will also have a lot of garbage time points as they will be playing from behind.  

Imagine having to go against these guys in the fantasy playoffs. Pretty sure I don’t want to see DK Metcalf in my opponent’s lineup championship week.

I am Ridley / Nuk / DK as well. I love DK but I liked his ADP a lot more last year than this year. I think Lockett is still a big part of that passing game.

Users who are viewing this thread