What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010s Album Draft - Signup Now - Start Tuesdayish (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
Alright, I was just in a covid thread and almost replied so that means it's time for a music draft before I get banned responding to CrossEyed.

We have almost two years of hindsight now to look back on the 2010s. 

Albums eligible will be released Jan 1, 2010-Dec 31, 2019. 

I'd be okay expanding it beyond just albums if there is consensus but let's use this as a starting point and see if there is enough interest. 

I don't have enough albums from that decade in my repertoire. Is it just me or are outright idiots like TripItUp and that new and improved guy taking over the board in essence? And why do I care?

I don't have enough albums from that decade in my repertoire. Is it just me or are outright idiots like TripItUp and that new and improved guy taking over the board in essence? And why do I care?
I mostly try to avoid the threads here in the FFA outside of the movie and music threads. 

I stopped following new music regularly around 2006, so I'll sit this one out but follow along unless you are desperate for participants. 
I honestly have to bow out, too. I suppose I could do hip hop, but it's really limited. I just...every year I say I'll follow new music and I have trouble with it. The only year I focused was 2017 when I did a NV end-of-year list for camaraderie's sake, really.

It's gotten so bad. And I used to be the guy that mucked up the threads. Ay de mi.
It's nowhere near as bad as it was before the PSF was created. I was SP-only for a long time because EVERY thread in the FFA was political or turned into that, and were populated by idiots. The PSF is where most of that nonsense goes now. My visits here between, say, 2010 and 2019 were exceedingly rare. 

I stopped following new music regularly around 2006, so I'll sit this one out but follow along unless you are desperate for participants. 

I honestly have to bow out, too. I suppose I could do hip hop, but it's really limited. I just...every year I say I'll follow new music and I have trouble with it. The only year I focused was 2017 when I did a NV end-of-year list for camaraderie's sake, really.
I am aware of this issue with 2010s, which is why I first suggested this one in the other thread but it didn't get much traction/reaction

-----

If we don't keep this one going/want to start a new draft to bring in some fresh blood, I had ideas this AM. First was a 2010s song draft but I know a lot of people aren't necessarily up on the newer music as much, so then I thought, hmmm haven't done 90s in a long time - I could only find a 90s mixtape draft - not a straight songs one (I'm sure it exists). Then I thought maybe 70s - there was a more recent one but it was a Tim Draft with voting. 

So I landed on a 70s/90s/10s draft, with some additional twists, mostly 

- a requirement to draft x amount of songs from each decade

- a hard cap on number of songs that can be taken from any artist. (to be determined once we know how many people are in). 

This would bring back some of the "draft strategy" - if I want to get that hot 70s artist, I better do it quick before they're all gone - but what if I only truly love a few 90s songs. 

Could add in other requirements, or not, and cap the number of rounds, or not.

And then could follow with the 60s/80s/00s version. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I remembered that. I'm up for that. I could draft the nineties all day. That's when I came of age, really.

Yeah, about 2019-2020 I kind of fell off but 2010s is still really in my wheelhouse. More than the 00s even just because of the discovery of Spotify. 

It's really up to you guys. I can play along with most things. If anyone twists my arm, I'll do a surface 2010s album draft. I guess I thought about it. I'm pretty much in just to have a thread where I can kick #### and don't have to whine or protest or anything.

rockaction said:
It's really up to you guys. I can play along with most things. If anyone twists my arm, I'll do a surface 2010s album draft. I guess I thought about it. I'm pretty much in just to have a thread where I can kick #### and don't have to whine or protest or anything.
I know I would like you to draft with us. There’s a ton of good rap just as a start.

There's a California wildfire now twenty-thirty minutes from us. We might have to evacuate. I got in a car wreck last week, and the car needs major repairs. This is shaping up to be a terrible week. Just nothing going right.
Best of luck man, keep us informed and stay safe.

There's a California wildfire now twenty-thirty minutes from us. We might have to evacuate. I got in a car wreck last week, and the car needs major repairs. This is shaping up to be a terrible week. Just nothing going right.
Stay safe. Do what you need to do to get yourself out if necessary. 

I knew something was up. I remember typing in my pick at a gas station on I-15 here. 
Oh god I do remember. We wrapped that up right before you know what. I can’t believe I didn’t remember doing that draft, I thought it was 2010s songs for some reason. That feels way longer ago than Jan-Feb 2020. 

I knew something was up. I remember typing in my pick at a gas station on I-15 here. 
Oh god I do remember. We wrapped that up right before you know what. I can’t believe I didn’t remember doing that draft, I thought it was 2010s songs for some reason. That feels way longer ago than Jan-Feb 2020. 
I thought it was songs we did too. Obviously not... Or maybe we did both?

What's your homefront situation? Fire still raging?
Apparently, contained, thankfully. At least they're saying the fire isn't spreading. Everything is calmer this morning than it was yesterday afternoon. You could step out of my door or open the door on my porch and there was a lot of smoke in the air. My brother and his wife came over. Said they saw ash, but it was just the bottle flowers from this tree we had. Not a really fun time, and worrisome. The fire still burns, but the fire department says it's under control.

I trust them, but we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread