What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Gavin Newsom Recall Thread - Ballots being sent in! (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
Every Republican I know and some Democrats are voting to recall Newsome here in the Republic of California.

Let's get this silver spoon, clown out of office...his 10 minutes of fame are up...and you can kiss any Presidential aspirations that you had goodbye as well!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Every Republican I know and some Democrats are voting to recall Newsome here in the Republic of California.

Let's get this silver spoon, clown out of office...his 10 minutes of fame are up...and you can kiss any Presidential aspirations that you had goodbye as well!!
This is so incredibly difficult for me. The choices are just so awful to replace him I just don’t think I could stomach it. I cannot fathom an insane radio talkshow host becoming our next governor.And I’m having a really hard time with the concept that someone that could garner 16% of the vote should win. 

my ballot arrived yesterday. haven't really dug into the alternatives yet, though i might vote Yes on recall if there was one non-loon who would kill HSR. 

It would really help to spell his name right.

Since you can't do that, maybe we shouldn't listen to you about his policies.

Or use the thread already created..I mean do we really need 2 recall threads for this guy?
Whose name is spelled wrong by the proponents of the recall in both. That lets me know something when one does that: One has never seen his name in print. This is all word-of-mouth hearsay. It betrays an ignorance about politics and the situation rarely seen.

But that is par for the course with this guy, whether it's politics or football.

Whose name is spelled wrong by the proponents of the recall in both. That lets me know something: That you've never seen his name in print. This is all word-of-mouth hearsay. It betrays an ignorance about politics and the situation rarely seen.

But that is par for the course with this guy, whether it's politics or football.
True...

And I doubt many really like Newsom...but seems the alternatives may suck even worse.

True...

And I doubt many really like Newsom...but seems the alternatives may suck even worse.
I think Newsom has been good for the state. People can complain all they want. He's done the best he can in a California that could be governed by the Republican loons in Orange County.

dkp993 said:
This is so incredibly difficult for me. The choices are just so awful to replace him I just don’t think I could stomach it. I cannot fathom an insane radio talkshow host becoming our next governor.And I’m having a really hard time with the concept that someone that could garner 16% of the vote should win. 

Direct Headline: Pelosi: Democrats should stay out of California recall race, predicts Newsom will win

Tal Kopan March 25, 2021 5:34 p.m.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Pelosi-says-Democrats-should-stay-out-of-16053676.php

Direct Headline: Pelosi to California Democrats: Don't run in Newsom recall

By JEREMY B. WHITE 03/25/2021 04:46 PM EDT

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2021/03/25/pelosi-to-california-democrats-dont-run-in-newsom-recall-1369616

The Joint Finance Agreements system that the Democratic Party uses means DNC HQ can cut off any politician off financially.

Pelosi all but openly threatened anyone on the left side of the aisle who is actually a potential contender. That Biden and Harris both spoke up for Newsom is message to the entire Party that Pelosi has the support of establishment Democrats.

So if you don't see a practical Democratic candidate alternative to Newsom, then why do you think that's happening?

The GOP has no influence nor power to control who runs as a Democrat in the California Recall. This is all on the ledger for the left side of the aisle alone.

Has anyone stopped to consider that "Auntie" Pelosi bailing out her wayward incompetent grifter "nephew" Gavin again and again, no matter how ugly he screwed things up, is part of the reason why things have devolved into this kind of ridiculous mess that it's become?

He's up by ten-fifteen points in the polls. I doubt the recall is happening.

ughh.  Y'know, rock, you've given the bat-#### far lefties control of your state for decades now and they've ruined the state. I don't see why we can't give the bat-#### crazy GOP the reigns for a little while. ;)

What's the worse they could do?  Ruin the state?

dkp993 said:
When you do I Hope you have a strong stomach 

Direct Headline: Biden Pledged Historic Cabinet Diversity. Here's How His Nominees Stack Up

Alana Wise February 5, 20211:20 PM ET

https://www.npr.org/sections/president-biden-takes-office/2021/02/05/963837953/biden-pledged-historic-cabinet-diversity-heres-how-his-nominees-stack-up

Direct Headline: Pressure mounts on Biden to make diverse picks for top posts

By WILL WEISSERT, LISA MASCARO and STEVE PEOPLES December 4, 2020

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-politics-race-and-ethnicity-antony-blinken-cabinets-c2fff649dda5e1c751228c90aac6d637

If someone said to me that they felt Larry Elder was not qualified to be Governor of California based on career/political experience, I would agree with them.

Here's the problem, the current Democratic Party, and particularly the current establishment Democrats, all drive identity politics and intersectionality. And Biden was there in the thick of it when Obama pushed it during both his terms.

Identity politics says it matters more if someone is black ( or gay, or a woman, or any other non merit based checklist item that virtue signals) than if they are under consideration for actual merit.  Biden came out and said he wanted a black woman for VP. Those were the qualifiers. Everything the establishment Democrats have used the last four full cycles is now working against them in California. It matters more than Larry Elder is black and that Gavin Newsom is white than any practical consideration for actual governance.

The Democratic Party wanted to play a certain kind of game with a certain kind of rules. Now that it's backfiring on them and the same things they used before is now being used against them, now they are just plain upset. Because, as you know, it's (D)ifferent.

Maybe the GOP isn't so hot on Elder themselves, but guess what? He's black. They didn't make the rules to be that way. The Democratic Party did.

So let's unpack this

1) Pelosi threatens any actual Democratic contender alternative from running, which poisons the option pool.

2) The establishment Democrats have to deal with their own identity politics tactics backfiring

3) Newsom himself just self inflicted stupid decision after decision and scandal after scandal and put himself in this position of risk.

4) This all has nothing to do with the Republicans in California. It's literally self destruction from within.

But some of you want to lay all this on the GOP?

ughh.  Y'know, rock, you've given the bat-#### far lefties control of your state for decades now and they've ruined the state. I don't see why we can't give the bat-#### crazy GOP the reigns for a little while. ;)

What's the worse they could do?  Ruin the state?
CA as a state is ruined? Explain that one to us

CA as a state is ruined? Explain that one to us

Far left politics, unbearable taxes, out of control homelessness, corruption at all levels of government, communist style gun laws.  And that's just for starters.

California - the place everyone wants to visit but no one wants to live.

You literally couldn’t be more wrong here if you tried.  

Get rid of the far left nut jobs that run your state and sure, people will flock there!  But until then, everyone hates CA - not the scenery or weather, of course, but the politics make it unbearable.  People are exiting your state in droves.

I mean, this isn't even debatable.

Get rid of the far left nut jobs that run your state and sure, people will flock there!  But until then, everyone hates CA - not the scenery or weather, of course, but the politics make it unbearable.  People are exiting your state in droves.

I mean, this isn't even debatable.
Hyperbole much?  You make a statement that “no one” wants to live in the most populous state in the union then tell me it’s not even debatable.  

And trust me I have no desire for anymore “flocking” to come here.  Please stay away.  

Hyperbole much?  You make a statement that “no one” wants to live in the most populous state in the union then tell me it’s not even debatable.  

And trust me I have no desire for anymore “flocking” to come here.  Please stay away.  

Listen - I understand your defense of CA.  Totally.  I get it.  You HAVE to because you deliberately moved there so you need to defend it otherwise you would have to admit making a mistake. 😛

The fact that you even moved there indicates to me you're in the top 3% of all earners in the US because that's basically what it takes to do that.  Other people aren't so lucky - they were born there and are stuck.  Kind of like North Koreans.  If they could escape they would.  :)

However,  I applaud your success.  I just hope you continue to enjoy it - the Democrats in that state are going to do everything they can to make sure you don't.

Listen - I understand your defense of CA.  Totally.  I get it.  You HAVE to because you deliberately moved there so you need to defend it otherwise you would have to admit making a mistake. 😛

The fact that you even moved there indicates to me you're in the top 3% of all earners in the US because that's basically what it takes to do that.  Other people aren't so lucky - they were born there and are stuck.  I applaud your success.  I just hope you continue to enjoy it - the Democrats in that state are going to do everything they can to make sure you don't.
You’re doing and outstanding job of being wrong today, kudos.  It’s not easy to be as wrong as you on a subject so consistently.  I do applaud the effort though. 😉

Born and breed Californian.  And while I have been successful in my working career I choose to live here.  In fact I was offered chance to move out of state with my current job just last week, multiple very good parts of the country as options for me to choose from, and turned it down.  I’m here living and raising my family not because I have to, but because I choose to.  I honestly can’t think of a place I’d want to live more then So-Cal.  

You’re doing and outstanding job of being wrong today, kudos.  It’s not easy to be as wrong as you on a subject so consistently.  I do applaud the effort though. 😉

Born and breed Californian.  And while I have been successful in my working career I choose to live here.  In fact I was offered chance to move out of state with my current job just last week, multiple very good parts of the country as options for me to choose from, and turned it down.  I’m here living and raising my family not because I have to, but because I choose to.  I honestly can’t think of a place I’d want to live more then So-Cal.  

Interesting.  Could've sworn in another thread you said you moved there.  Born and bred there?  I'm sorry.    :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCer2e0t8r8

Can we define droves? California had a decrease in population for the first time ever in 2020. They lost roughly 185,000 people out of 39.5 millon or just under a half of percent. 

That doesn't seem like a lot. 

Yes.  Have lived in Cali 40 of my 46 years on this blue marble.   And the 6 were in 20’s living in a few other states.  

rockaction said:
It would really help to spell his name right.

Since you can't do that, maybe we shouldn't listen to you about his policies.
simpatico.   reading is fundamental, as is spelling.

Can we define droves? California had a decrease in population for the first time ever in 2020. They lost roughly 185,000 people out of 39.5 millon or just under a half of percent. 

Not sure why you would respond to a statement I made - without even quoting me - considering you've declared in the past that you won't respond to me.  :shrug:

That seems passive-aggressive.

In a normal year, California might have between 140,000 and 150,000 people move in from other countries. In 2020, it was just 29,000 people — a direct impact, state officials say, of the Trump administration halting new visas for much of the year.

Global lockdowns because of the coronavirus prompted a 29 percent decline in international students coming to California, or about 53,000 people.

Messageboard Spelling Captain!

Everybody has a role in life.
No, it's called something a lot different. If you knew anything about the subject you started, you'd know how to spell his name.

I'm not going to get into it with you. Your cachet on the board befits you. Leave it at that.

Direct Headline: Businesses Are Fleeing California Along With Its Residents, And President Biden Should Pay Attention

Adam A. Millsap Aug 27, 2021,07:54am

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammillsap/2021/08/27/businesses-are-fleeing-california-along-with-its-residents-and-president-biden-should-pay-attention/?sh=5e47728b2327

Direct Headline: Companies are rapidly leaving California in 2021, Stanford researchers find

by: Fareeha Rehman Sep 1, 2021 / 01:09 PM PDT

The Lone Star state gained 114 of the known 265 California companies that relocated their headquarters between January 2018 to June 2021.

https://www.kron4.com/news/california/companies-are-rapidly-leaving-california-in-2021-stanford-researchers-find/

Direct Headline: Why some tech companies and billionaires are leaving California

Katie Schoolov Jan 23 20219:00 AM EST

California’s population and job growth have both slowed to a trickle, with many citing concerns about high taxes, cost of living and heavy regulations. With the rise of remote work in 2020, over 135,000 more people left California than moved in -- the third largest net migration loss ever recorded for the state.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/23/why-companies-are-fleeing-california.html

California just lost Larry Ellison and Elon Musk to Texas.  Joe Rogan, who has 200 million plus podcast downloads a month and a massive platform, does nothing but talk about the virtues of Texas compared to California. On the Conservative side of the spectrum, you have Ben Shapiro talking about leaving California for Florida, citing refusing to take his children out near the endless homeless encampments and homeless problem that is spinning out of control in southern California.

I have employees in both California and Texas, as well as a few other states. I can tell you dealing with business in Texas is far easier, dramatically so, than the supposed Golden State. The dollars earn by my employees in Texas simply stretch further than the ones in California.

I'm going to get real about it. Some recent college graduate just before the pandemic started who moved to Texas because he was just trying to find better work/cost of living/trying to make a mark for himself is one thing. If I left, I take jobs with me. I take away dollars into the tax base. Those employees who would go with me, now they are paying property taxes in another state instead. Their children are more likely to go to college in Texas and have their parents pay money into the Texas educational system. And if they are successful and do well, they'll stay in Texas and use their talent there.

Of course the establishment Democrats want to destroy Governor Greg Abbott of Texas, he's been doing a great job of luring these big businesses to Texas. You win elections with money and now you have shipping barges full of money showing up to the Lone Star state.

I can tell you from my experience, I have decades upon decades of being entrenched in business in California. Even with that advantage of experience and contacts and rapport and reputation and good word of mouth and a strong asset base, I can't even imagine how new upstarts are doing it. The miles of red tape to everything now should be impossible for the average person, starting out and trying to succeed with a small business, to slog through.

As remote work becomes more common, more people are going to leave.

And it's not just issue of the GOP, the Border Crisis has savaged the legacy vote from the Hispanic/Latino voting block, where there is a major share in southern California. That means while California might remain a Blue stronghold, there's a risk to establishment Democrats that AOC will infuse Progressive contenders into LA and San Diego.  If AOC controls LA, she in effect, puts her hands in the cookie jar in Hollywood.

You are looking at some raw numbers but not looking at the overall context.

Big Business in California, those who can swing it, are voting with their feet and voting with their wallets. Their vote says they believe Gavin Newsom is an imbecile.

I believe Gavin Newsom is an imbecile. I've paid in blood in taxes, fees, licenses, and on and on and on in this state for decades and I've earned the right to call him a blithering no holds barred idiot. He controls the 5th largest economy in the entire world and he's done his part to run it into the ground. "Auntie" Pelosi has given him so much coverage that it appears he might last forever to some and they can't stand it anymore.

You aren't asking whom specifically is leaving and why they are leaving.

Then again it doesn't fit the standard tribalist narrative.

Yes. If a viable GOP candidate was up they’d get my (and I’m sure many others) vote.  It’s the definition of a missed opportunity.   

Based on the intersectionality and the identity politics playbook and strategy by the Democratic Party in the last four general cycles, Larry Elder is the most viable candidate simply for being black.

And by criticizing him as non viable, if one looks at the Identity Politics Playbook used in those same last four general cycles, you must be a racist.

( Do I think you are a racist? I don't know you. Understanding a person and their potential for racism takes time, context and perspective. None of which are valued by intersectionality)

That the Democratic Party didn't pick a black lesbian Jew in a wheelchair with Tourettes and with three orphan children in tow instead of Gavin Newsom is the true missed opportunity.  Are you going to scream about merit and qualifications now? Since when did that matter to your Party more than if someone was more black, more gay or more woman enough to battle racist White Nationalism?

You can't have a Party who uses the left leaning MSM, like a propaganda arm, to denounce white males, and particularly wealthy smug tone deaf grifter while males in politics,  then prop up a nepotism case like Gavin Newsom, steeped in his "Getty upbringing" and defend him in front of a systematically oppressed black man's potential opportunity.

Obama, Biden, Clinton, Harris, Soros, Bloomberg, Rice and all the rest wanted to wield the identity playbooks sword when it benefited them but didn't find it all that amusing when they realized it cut both ways.

Your own Party has determined you to be a racist for not supporting Larry Elder.

Based on the intersectionality and the identity politics playbook and strategy by the Democratic Party in the last four general cycles, Larry Elder is the most viable candidate simply for being black.

And by criticizing him as non viable, if one looks at the Identity Politics Playbook used in those same last four general cycles, you must be a racist.

( Do I think you are a racist? I don't know you. Understanding a person and their potential for racism takes time, context and perspective. None of which are valued by intersectionality)

That the Democratic Party didn't pick a black lesbian Jew in a wheelchair with Tourettes and with three orphan children in tow instead of Gavin Newsom is the true missed opportunity.  Are you going to scream about merit and qualifications now? Since when did that matter to your Party more than if someone was more black, more gay or more woman enough to battle racist White Nationalism?

You can't have a Party who uses the left leaning MSM, like a propaganda arm, to denounce white males, and particularly wealthy smug tone deaf grifter while males in politics,  then prop up a nepotism case like Gavin Newsom, steeped in his "Getty upbringing" and defend him in front of a systematically oppressed black man's potential opportunity.

Obama, Biden, Clinton, Harris, Soros, Bloomberg, Rice and all the rest wanted to wield the identity playbooks sword when it benefited them but didn't find it all that amusing when they realized it cut both ways.

Your own Party has determined you to be a racist for not supporting Larry Elder.
For like the 5th time when quoting me, who are you actually talking too?  You keep saying “your party” and talking about “identity politics of the Democratic Party”.  I’m not left nor a democrat.  So again are you responding to me or just using it as an excuse to type your diatribe. If the latter, cool.  Type away. 

Not really. You are predicting this to be the start of a trend. I am more of a wait and see. This could be a random blip from a crazy year. 
You don't lose a house seat from Congress for just one crazy year. 

https://www.brookings.edu/research/census-2020-data-release/

"At the high end for growth rates from 2010 to 2020 are several western states, along with Texas, Florida, and North Dakota. Among these are Utah, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona—states which also saw high growth in the two prior decades."

Notice the proximity of those states to CA.

You don't lose a house seat from Congress for just one crazy year. 

https://www.brookings.edu/research/census-2020-data-release/

"At the high end for growth rates from 2010 to 2020 are several western states, along with Texas, Florida, and North Dakota. Among these are Utah, Idaho, Nevada, and Arizona—states which also saw high growth in the two prior decades."

Notice the proximity of those states to CA.

You do lose your spot for one crazy year. Trump lost the the election because of Covid. It happens in all types of jobs all the time. 

I am also pretty confident when people move out of their current state that stats would show they are more likely to stay in the same region then move across the entire country. 

waiting for Newsom/Democrats to say the mail in ballots were not counted right or fraud happened ..... if he loses, he will pull that card IMO

You do lose your spot for one crazy year. Trump lost the the election because of Covid. It happens in all types of jobs all the time. 

I am also pretty confident when people move out of their current state that stats would show they are more likely to stay in the same region then move across the entire country. 
No you're misunderstanding. California lost a house seat due to population decline from 2010-2020. That's the first time that ever happened. They didn't get voted out. They're dropping from 53 to 52. 

No you're misunderstanding. California lost a house seat due to population decline from 2010-2020. That's the first time that ever happened. They didn't get voted out. They're dropping from 53 to 52. 
This is nowhere near accurate

In 2010 California had a population of 37,253,956

In 2020 California had a population of 39,538,223

This is nowhere near accurate

In 2010 California had a population of 37,253,956

In 2020 California had a population of 39,538,223
Fine decline is the wrong word. It did not grow at a proportion in line with the rest of the US. That's why they lost a seat. 

Users who are viewing this thread