What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Richard Spencer Living a Country Music Song (1 Viewer)

Dinsy Ejotuz

Footballguy
andrew kaczynski@KFILE

NY Times: White nationalist Richard Spencer, “organization has dissolved, his wife has divorced him, and he is facing trial next month in Charlottesville, Va., over his role in the deadly 2017 neo-Nazi march there, but says he cannot afford a lawyer.”
And the town he lives in has ostracized him.

Karma, man.  Sometimes it just punches you right in the face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is Richard Spencer?
According to the OP:

andrew kaczynski@KFILE

NY Times: White nationalist Richard Spencer, “organization has dissolved, his wife has divorced him, and he is facing trial next month in Charlottesville, Va., over his role in the deadly 2017 neo-Nazi march there, but says he cannot afford a lawyer.”

I am not smart enough to figure out the quoting of posts from different threads...

But you tried this same tactic of "never heard of him" four years ago

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/758427-white-nationalists-march-on-university-of-virginia/page/100/?tab=comments#

Oh, you mean that

Richard

Spencer

That is really weird considering I joined this forum less than 2 years ago (December 7th, 2019).

In your zealous attempt at a "gotcha" to try and somehow validate your claim, you - and your emoji friends - completely forgot to do your research.  :doh:

So, in hindsight, who won the "gotcha" game here?

I don't think I need to tell you what happens when you make assumptions.

That is really weird considering I joined this forum less than 2 years ago (December 7th, 2019).

In your zealous attempt at a "gotcha" to try and somehow validate your claim, you - and your emoji friends - completely forgot to do your research.  :doh:

So, in hindsight, who won the "gotcha" game here?

I don't think I need to tell you what happens when you make assumptions.
maybe you’ll stay here long enough to figure out he was not responding to you…

And yet, he quoted me.  :shrug:

He directly quoted Stealthycat.  He only quoted you so that it was clear that Stealthy's "I never heard the name either" quote referred to Richard Spencer.  Here was Stealthy's quote from four years ago:

Never heard of any of them except Duke ... you seem very well tied to white supremacist groups. Do you expect they themselves to disavow themselves? 

I am not smart enough to figure out the quoting of posts from different threads...

But you tried this same tactic of "never heard of him" four years ago

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/758427-white-nationalists-march-on-university-of-virginia/page/100/?tab=comments#
Posted September 5, 2017

On 9/5/2017 at 12:33 PM, OrtonToOlsen said:

David Duke, Richard Spencer, Sebastian Gorka, Stephen Miller...

Never heard of any of them except Duke ... you seem very well tied to white supremacist groups. Do you expect they themselves to disavow themselves? 

no tactic - and I didn't search your username across the last 5 years of postings to try and make an accusation either

Richard Spencer, Sebastian Gorka and Stephen Miller are all names I still don't know/recognize

and I doubt I'll remember them 4 years from now either

and I doubt anyone here would - they're irrelevant names 

He directly quoted Stealthycat.  He only quoted you so that it was clear that Stealthy's "I never heard the name either" quote referred to

Richard

Spencer

.  Here was Stealthy's quote from four years ago:

Not going to get into picking nits with you guys.  If you include me in a quote you're going to get a response.  :shrug:

It's that simple.  You want to play childish "gotcha" games?  Fine.  However, mess with the bull and you get the horns.

Not going to get into picking nits with you guys.  If you include me in a quote you're going to get a response.  :shrug:

It's that simple.  You want to play childish "gotcha" games?  Fine.  However, mess with the bull and you get the horns.
Well now you've included me in a quote so you're getting this response.  GOTCHA!

no tactic - and I didn't search your username across the last 5 years of postings to try and make an accusation either

Richard Spencer, Sebastian Gorka and Stephen Miller are all names I still don't know/recognize

If you don't know/recognize the names Sebastian Gorka and Stephen Miller, you were either in a coma during the Trump administration or you don't belong in a discussion in the PSF. 

"Stephen Miller?  Never heard of the guy."  :lmao:  

I guess that's better than having him in the national spotlight, but still.

If you don't know/recognize the names Sebastian Gorka and Stephen Miller, you were either in a coma during the Trump administration or you don't belong in a discussion in the PSF. 
I've never heard of this Spencer guy, but not knowing Gorda or Miller is a big yikes. 

When they conflate a real loathsome character like Spencer  with Dr Gorka they really mean Spencer = all Trump supporters. It’s deplorable, plain and simple.

When they conflate a real loathsome character like Spencer  with Dr Gorka they really mean Spencer = all Trump supporters. It’s deplorable, plain and simple.

In the 2017 quote, was OrtontoOlsen talking about "all Trump supporters" or Trump supporters at all? Hard to tell without reading his statement in context, but I think he was referring to those (on the right?) who at that time who had not spoken out against hate and bigotry. He mentions "other than the ACLU" so I am not certain what group of people he was referring to.

I am pretty sure that neither David Duke nor Richard Sherman had ever spoken out against hate and bigotry at the time of the OP. (Can't say about Stephen Miller and Sebastian Gorka as I am not familiar with statements from them as of 2017).

apalmer said:

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread