What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

10th to 12th spot this year (1 Viewer)

Sasgaard

Footballguy
I'm in 3 leagues and got the 10th, 11th and 12th draft pick, all PPR. Maybe it's just me but I find the gap this year between the first few picks of the draft order and the bottom ones to be a lot bigger than usual. I find the lack of clear good RBs and WRs to be larger than previous years. TEs are tough other than the top 3....then it's a crap shoot....I've tried a lot of different strategies on various mocks and can't seem to like any teams I've drafted in those bottom 3 positions. 

Maybe it's just me but I find the bottom picks to be really hard this year. Happy to get some input and views on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just drafted from 10. I went HEAVY WR. I have J.Jacobs and a bunch of scrubs at RB. Hock at TE, who I think will be top 5. I held tough and took Tannehill as my QB. He was really solid last year, and he now has Julio hanging out down by the schoolyard, so I am comfortable with him as my QB.

That said, my WRs are Tyreek Hill, Hopkins, Godwin, OBJ, as starters. (Beasley, R.Gage as backups)

Hoping one of my flyer NYJ or Hou RBs hit or I'll need to make a trade after a few weeks.

I just drafted from 10. I went HEAVY WR. I have J.Jacobs and a bunch of scrubs at RB. Hock at TE, who I think will be top 5. I held tough and took Tannehill as my QB. He was really solid last year, and he now has Julio hanging out down by the schoolyard, so I am comfortable with him as my QB.

That said, my WRs are Tyreek Hill, Hopkins, Godwin, OBJ, as starters. (Beasley, R.Gage as backups)

Hoping one of my flyer NYJ or Hou RBs hit or I'll need to make a trade after a few weeks.
You are really hurt at RB. That's what I was saying. I feel there is not enough depth this year to be ok on WR and RBs....you kinda have to choose what you will be hurt at because when it comes back in the third round to you at 10th or 12th, the quality has dropped down big time. I really feel that the top 4 or 5 picks this year have a huge advantage over the bottom picks, more than other years. Real lack of real quality options I feel in terms of depth.

Went pretty similar in mine from the 10th spot.  I got Adams and Diggs at WR then got Carso nand Jacobs at 3-4, Hock in the 5th.

PPR: 2 WRs/Kelce

0.5 PPR: 1 WR/Kelce and 1 RB

Standard: 2 RBs

Unlike last year, I think there are really good options at both RB and WR in this area.

WR: Adams, Hill, Kelce, Diggs, Ridley

RBs (varies a bit on scoring format): Chubb, Ekeler, Mixon, Harris, Gibson and maybe even Barkley or Taylor. 

12 team full ppr.  Pretty experienced group of guys.  

Drafted at 10 slot

1.10 = Zeke (never mocked him being available)

2.3 = Hill (Mixon/Gibson were best RBs available)

3.10 = A Robinson

4.3 = McLaurin (Swift/Jacobs/Sanders/Edwards were available)

5.10 = Gaskin (25th RB drafted)

6.3 = Hockenson

7.10 = Mostert

8.3 = Tannehill

I just drafted who fell to me. Not thrilled with Gaskin as my RB2, but can't complain with that trio of WR's in rounds 2 - 4.  

12 team full ppr.  Pretty experienced group of guys.  

Drafted at 10 slot

1.10 = Zeke (never mocked him being available)

2.3 = Hill (Mixon/Gibson were best RBs available)

3.10 = A Robinson

4.3 = McLaurin (Swift/Jacobs/Sanders/Edwards were available)

5.10 = Gaskin (25th RB drafted)

6.3 = Hockenson

7.10 = Mostert

8.3 = Tannehill

I just drafted who fell to me. Not thrilled with Gaskin as my RB2, but can't complain with that trio of WR's in rounds 2 - 4.  
experienced owners? really? zeke at 10th and Hill at 2.3? no waaayyyy....wow.

1.5 = Adams

1.6 = Kelce

1.7 = A Jones

1.8 = Diggs

1.9 = Barkley

1.11 = J Taylor

1.12 = Chubb

2.1 = Ekeler

2.2 = Harris

I don't think any of those picks are all that far fetched... with the possible exception of Harris.  

I'm not really a Zeke or Hill guy personally... but you need to set emotions aside and just draft BPA if they fall.

1.5 = Adams

1.6 = Kelce

1.7 = A Jones

1.8 = Diggs

1.9 = Barkley

1.11 = J Taylor

1.12 = Chubb

2.1 = Ekeler

2.2 = Harris

I don't think any of those picks are all that far fetched... with the possible exception of Harris.  

I'm not really a Zeke or Hill guy personally... but you need to set emotions aside and just draft BPA if they fall.
I would have taken Chubb over Zeke in a heartbeat in the 10 spot.  I have Chubb as a top 5 RB this year and per the bold prediction thread I have him as the RB1 at the end of the year.  

I also drafted out of the 10 spot yesterday and a QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLex/Flex/Def/K league (non PPR).  I went this way:

1.10 - Zeke (it was between Zeke and Taylor - Chubb, Adams, Hill, Kelce all gone)

2.03 - Harris (between Harris and Gibson and I rolled the dice)

3.10 - Evans

4.03 - Kupp (it was a reach but I think he is big this year)

5.10 - Brady (as the 9th QB off the board - there was a run in this round)

6.03 - Higgins

7.10 - Devonta Smith

8.03 - Sermon

9.10 - Corey Davis (I expect a big year as Wilson locks into him and he finally hits his potential)

10.03 - Pollard

11.10 - Ty'son Williams

12.03 - Kroft (i was last to take a TE and i believe Kroft will be a top 10 guy)

13.10 - NE Pats

14.10 - Gould

Users who are viewing this thread