What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do Joe Biden and his supporters have responsibility for the American soldiers killed in the Afghan "evacuation?" (1 Viewer)

Do Joe Biden and his supporters have responsibility for the American soldiers killed in the Afghan "

• Yes

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 64.9%

• Total voters

TripItUp

Footballguy
Do Joe Biden and his supporters have responsibility for the American soldiers killed in the Afghan "evacuation?"

Biden Yes, Supporters No. 

A lot of mistakes were made.  I don't blame Biden supporters, the same way Trump supporters shouldn't be blamed for political decisions.  I recognize that was a popular thing to do over the last several years, but it just pushes people further into their corners. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Biden Yes, Supporters No. 

A lot of mistakes were made.  I don't blame Biden supporters, the same way Trump supports shouldn't be blamed for political decisions.  I recognize that was a popular thing to do over the last several years, but just pushes people further into their corners. 
100% agree. 

The 'and' in the question is beyond weird. My Mother in Law is a Biden supporter. Should I go chastise her for being responsible for the death of our soldiers?

The OP would seem to indicate that the answer is probably yes. Apparently anyone who voted for Biden has blood on their hands (figuratively). 

13 soldiers unfortunately died under Biden, 64 under Trump. Is Trump responsible for those 64? There's your answer.
Let's be honest with the situation at least. Biden's decisions put those troops at risk. They were all sitting at home in America 2 weeks earlier. 

Yes/No

Biden deserves some criticism.

George Bush deserves some criticism.

Barak Obama deserves some criticism.

Donald Trump deserves some criticism.

The decision to go, and stay, in Afghanistan always meant lives would be lost.  These soldiers were simply the last to die in Afghanistan - in this war.

The decision to leave Afghanistan is in the long-term best interests of the country.  It was, is, and will be, a messy separation - and it will impact many lives.  Could this have been planned better?  Probably.  But, I don't know that better planning stops a suicide bomber.  Its tragic, but it's a cost for going in the first place.  

Let's be honest with the situation at least. Biden's decisions put those troops at risk. They were all sitting at home in America 2 weeks earlier. 

Let's really be honest - the situation would not have existed without the decision to go to war nearly 20 years ago.

The OP would seem to indicate that the answer is probably yes. Apparently anyone who voted for Biden has blood on their hands (figuratively). 

I voted for Biden but do not feel responsible at all for his blunders. Bottom line is we had to pick our poison.

Yes/No

The decision to go, and stay, in Afghanistan always meant lives would be lost.  These soldiers were simply the last to die in Afghanistan - in this war.

The decision to leave Afghanistan is in the long-term best interests of the country.  It was, is, and will be, a messy separation - and it will impact many lives.  Could this have been planned better?  Probably.  But, I don't know that better planning stops a suicide bomber.  Its tragic, but it's a cost for going in the first place.  
This seems closest to 'truth' to me.  Everybody since Bush has been kicking this can down the road.  Biden finally said enough is enough, but didn't have a sound strategy for doing so.

Same with the current medicare mess.  Everyone has been kicking this political bomb down the road for decades.  Whatever president finally tackles it will be blamed for the mess it will cause(is there a good solution for it?  I hope so).  Nobody wants to look bad and cause a stain on their 'legacy'.  

Yes/No

There is no probably about it.  The withdraw was a disaster.  We ignored the intelligence and tried to pretend things were better than they were.  These mistakes directly cost American lives.

From the Military strategic level alone, this was horrendous.  We ignored basic 101 level military strategy.  The after action reports are going to roast this administration as they should.  So much in hindsight is bad, but we have no real plan going forward either. 

Biden let an artificial timeline and his own fear of putting more troops in drive the withdraw.  There was nothing brave, courageous or smart about it.  It never had to be this way. 

Do Joe Biden and his supporters have responsibility for the American soldiers killed in the Afghan "evacuation?"

Biden, yes. His supporters? Absolutely not. Politicians lie and change agenda's all the time. 

It is absurd to put any responsibility on voters or supporters for the decisions a politician make after they are voted into office. 

What a horrible and divisive way to propose a question. 

Biden, yes. His supporters? Absolutely not. Politicians lie and change agenda's all the time. 

It is absurd to put any responsibility on voters or supporters for the decisions a politician make after they are voted into office. 

Was Biden's decision making ability ever at question as you considered him as a candidate?

Was Biden's decision making ability ever at question as you considered him as a candidate?

All politicians decision making ability is in question to me. 

What was your point of adding "and his supporters" into the question without adding a second answer in your poll?

Biden, yes. His supporters? Absolutely not. Politicians lie and change agenda's all the time.  It is absurd to put any responsibility on voters or supporters for the decisions a politician make after they are voted into office. 

That has been a recent trend among some polls done on this forum. See "Is Joe Biden A Bad President?" thread - the OP there gives us two choices that are essentially "Yes" and "Yes" and there is no 3rd option do disagree with his premise that Biden is a bad President. 

Should you of added a third option where since Trump was such a awful GOP choice his supporters are responsible for providing such a lame GOP choice forcing some of us to vote for Biden. A mistake made by Biden in the timing of the withdrawal but voting for a treasonous Trump was not an option.

That has been a recent trend among some polls done on this forum. See "Is Joe Biden A Bad President?" thread - the OP there gives us two choices that are essentially "Yes" and "Yes" and there is no 3rd option do disagree with his premise that Biden is a bad President. 

Third option should have been "Not Good"

Should you of added a third option where since Trump was such a awful GOP choice his supporters are responsible for providing such a lame GOP choice forcing some of us to vote for Biden. A mistake made by Biden in the timing of the withdrawal but voting for a treasonous Trump was not an option.

that's a big reach IMHO

Shouldn't we hold voters accountable for bad votes...at least try to help them see the error of their ways?

Nope, because it is subjective and as I stated before what politicians say before they are elected and what they do after they are elected can be very different. 

Just ludicrous. Everyone who voted for anything ever would be facing endless reparations. How far you taking this? School board? HOA? 

Well said. It is like the Chiefs losing the super bowl last year and saying after the fact that they should have started Chad Henne and punish Andy Reid for it. 

Do you blame Trump and his voters (including yourself) for the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol?
No, certainly not as directly responsible as Biden and his supporters are for the evacuation...unless they were a part of the insurrection.

If it was a policy issue you would have a better argument. But as it is all you have is stinky bait. 

Joe's cognitive ability was a point of contention, certainly something that conservative media outlets were discussing, and it was routinely dismissed by Biden supporters.

No, certainly not as directly responsible as Biden and his supporters are for the evacuation...unless they were a part of the insurrection.
So by that logic Biden supporters are only  responsible if they are part of the Taliban. I can agree with that. 

Do you hold GWBush responsible for 9/11?  Or is it just Democratic Presidents who get blamed for terrorist attacks on their watch? 

Joe's cognitive ability was a point of contention, certainly something that conservative media outlets were discussing, and it was routinely dismissed by Biden supporters.
Sure but the failure of the military to plan the withdrawal better is not a result of Biden’s cognitive ability. 

The buck stops with him because he is the President, but let’s not pretend he is micromanaging the withdrawal of Americans from Afghanistan. 

Sure but the failure of the military to plan those better is not a result of Biden’s cognitive ability. 

The buck stops with him because he is the President, but let’s not pretend he is micromanaging the withdrawal of Americans from Afghanistan. 

That's a good counterargument and begs the question how much blame goes to the military and our intelligence officials?  I've heard conflicting stories on that front.  I honestly have no idea.

Do you hold GWBush responsible for 9/11?  Or is it just Democratic Presidents who get blamed for terrorist attacks on their watch? 

I do not as I don't believe the evacuation and 9/11 are even remotely similar fact patterns.

:fishing:

Well done sir.  :lol:

Honestly no fishing here, I just wonder if there is any humility from Biden voters that perhaps they made the wrong vote?  :shrug:

Doesn't sound like there is much humility here in the politics forum.  "I voted for him but not my fault"  

Users who are viewing this thread