What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auction Redraft (My oldest and original FF league drafted tonight) (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
200 credit auction budget thru ESPN draft room:

QB LAMAR 11
RB CMC 69
RB J ROBINSON* 5
WR RIDLEY 44
WR GODWIN 18
TE ANDREWS 19
FLEX OBJ 13
DEF NINERS 1
KICKER PRATER 1
BENCH ERTZ 1
BENCH M WILLIAMS 3
BENCH E MOORE 2
BENCH B EDWARDS 1
BENCH BRONCOS 1
BENCH DRAKE 5
BENCH TY'SON 2
BENCH DAMIEN WILLIAMS 1

Didn't intend to take two defenses but the Niners were a panic nomination that I was awarded and so were the Broncos. Oh well, DST is actually weighted pretty heavy in this league. I destroyed with the Bears D/ST unit with Urlacher/Briggs/Tillman/Hester back in the day but there is a bunch of young talent in the FA pool in this one. There is a very difficult to discern inflection point in an auction draft where it switches over to a world where every player you nominate you are likely to win outright without competition. And it is a strange but exciting time in the draft. Ty'son Williams for $2 is stupid value.

But you have to ask yourself do you nominate someone you want or do your nominate someone you don't want? And it is hard to know during this later stage of the draft.

Robinson is my 1 keeper (we keep 1 each season for $5 over what we paid last year) but I hemmed and hawed about keeping Lamar for $12 and got him for $11 anyway. It was going to be Dobbins for $12 but I switched to Robinson after the ETN/Dobbins injuries. Still, I *almost* kept Lamar instead. 

I haven't seen much auction talk on this board this year but seriously this is the first league I ever played in so let's hear some other auction stories. Also feel free to rag on my team or let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.  Good team and think you did well.  

My big main league is similar but we handle keepers by allowing teams to keep up to $75 of players which obviously deducts from your starting total of $200 (we do the same 5$ addition to previous year price).  

Nothing compares to an auction draft, especially an in person one.  It’s light years more fun then a snake.  

But you have to ask yourself do you nominate someone you want or do your nominate someone you don't want? And it is hard to know during this later stage of the draft.
I typically nominate players I don't want early in the auction, but as you get down to the dollar players and you're just looking to round out your starting lineup (D's, K's) I'll nominate one I don't mind getting stuck with. But it does get pretty difficult trying to decide who to nominate when you have limited roster spots left.

We had our dynasty/salary cap auction (19th season) recently and I got burned twice on QBs - once where I was just trying to run up the price on one I didn't really want but ended up getting stuck.

Love auctions. So much more strategy than a typical snake draft imho.

Users who are viewing this thread