What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Unofficial Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, MD thread. (1 Viewer)

Lol.  It was hanging in 4 of his clubs.  

The depths of your defense of the indefensible knows no bottom.  
Again, read your article.  Clearly says Trump himself wasn't known to have knowledge of it.  Be better than that. Don't be so simple.  If you have 2-3 kids, I guarantee you you probably have less knowledge of what's on their phones and in their backpacks than what Trump may know of what hangs on a wall in a business he owns.  You can be myopic about it or you can be realistic, your choice.  

And if the best you can throw back at me is to plagiarize my line and change a few words, at least do better and be original in your snarkyness. Some of us come here to have discussions. Some of us come here to pick low food and feed the trolls. I'm not going to sit on your park bench and feed you. Have a good one. 

Again, read your article.  Clearly says Trump himself wasn't known to have knowledge of it.  Be better than that. Don't be so simple.  If you have 2-3 kids, I guarantee you you probably have less knowledge of what's on their phones and in their backpacks than what Trump may know of what hangs on a wall in a business he owns.  You can be myopic about it or you can be realistic, your choice.  

And if the best you can throw back at me is to plagiarize my line and change a few words, at least do better and be original in your snarkyness. Some of us come here to have discussions. Some of us come here to pick low food and feed the trolls. I'm not going to sit on your park bench and feed you. Have a good one. 
Lol.  Love the be better shtick while saying be original.  Classic.  

You have a good night too.  

The worst is all the flip flopping moving of the goal posts. In April he says this. What ever happened to 70% vaccinated to reach heard immunity?   Yeah we are at 75% doctor do little.  

Now he says this.

Dont worry folks, he will keep guessing until he gets it right.  :lmao:
Very true but also predictable. I recall back in June of last year several people calling this shot. They said all along that the goal posts would move to suit the agenda.  The disingenuous nature of it all and the weaponizing of politics is killing us. 

How can people honestly expect "the other side" to go along with them when they themselves have been duped and played like puppets for a year and a half?  65% will get us herd immunity.  No, wait...70%...No wait, 75%.  Masks are "meh"..no wait, we need them.  In fact, we need 2-3.  don't go outside.  But feel free to gather in protest.  Make sure you respond to tracers so we can find out where it started.  Oh no! Wait, we aren't even going to trace anymore because we are finding a lot of the protests are spreader events and...well...we can't have that. 

It's absurd and people are mad at other people because they won't have a "shot" of kool-aid with them. 

:lol: . So true. A large group of lazy postings going in this forum lately. 

:lol: . So true. A large group of lazy postings going in this forum lately. 
Yeah but if you point it out to anyone and ask them to do  a little work and say it in a benign way such as "be better", all your points get glossed over and you get several replies attempting to belittle you.  Tone def to the extreme. Bury the lead in the back page classifieds. 

Disappointment is a type of bankruptcy- a bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation.  

It is probably over-simplifying the statement to say it this way but I think the biggest problem a lot of people have with Dr. Fauci is that he has not been consistently definitive and stayed on a course that he backs up with data that people can see for themselves.  He was on masks, he was not as sold.  Then he was on multiple masks.  Indoors ok or not? Agree with WHO and CDC sometimes. Not other times.  Somethings you have to plant your foot in the ground and establish your line and stick with it. 

Any movement (or opinion) that does not have a distinct, stated goal or finish line ALWAYS ultimately ends up going against the very things it started for or against. 

It is probably over-simplifying the statement to say it this way but I think the biggest problem a lot of people have with Dr. Fauci is that he has not been consistently definitive and stayed on a course that he backs up with data that people can see for themselves.  He was on masks, he was not as sold.  Then he was on multiple masks.  Indoors ok or not? Agree with WHO and CDC sometimes. Not other times.  Somethings you have to plant your foot in the ground and establish your line and stick with it. 

Any movement (or opinion) that does not have a distinct, stated goal or finish line ALWAYS ultimately ends up going against the very things it started for or against. 

Fauci has flip-flopped ever since this started.

Still wonder why China is not getting a full court press on this one.

Fauci has flip-flopped ever since this started.

Still wonder why China is not getting a full court press on this one.

When China owns half the media, it won't get talked about which won't gain the ire of the people to press the politicians on. Even if it did get that far, there's enough Politicians with deals tied to Chinese money that they will steer the conversation away at that level as well. Basically Chinese pay good money to keep this off them as long as possible. 

Remember the double mask!   :lmao:

This Guy said this:

Guy changes his mind more than the weather.  
These comments were so stupid and not based on any science at all.

This is the thing I hate the most about these "experts"  They go outside their lane all the time. They make comments and recos based on how they think people will react. Then the partisan hacks blindly defend them and accuse others of being internet epidemiologists. 

These talking head epis are no more an expert on "false sense of security" than my next door neighbor. And as many said from the get go, they were totally wrong about it. That bangladesh study is a perfect example of how stupid such declarations were. 

They were wrong about the touching your face claims. Wrong about pretty much everything. 

But then people like @killface still get defensive about criticisms of these people. 

I don't understand how this yard-knome still has such a loyal following in the media. Can't wait to see Paul & Co. hunt his ### down and put him behind bars.

Fauci perjured himself about the research grant not funding gain of research.  Flat. Out. Lie.  But the media loves him, so he won’t face the music.

Especially  on this post.
I think this is supposed to be a zinger, and even though I may be slightly more qualified to comment on general scientific matters, I don’t pretend to be an expert in gain-of-function research.

More importantly, I have no idea how involved the director of the NIAID is in approving/reviewing every project funded by the NIH.

On Foxnews: 10 out of 11 scientists who reviewed the Intercepts' documents agree the NIH funded gain of function research in Wuhan. 

I'm pretty sure CNN is avoiding this topic.
They’re ignoring it because anyone with half a brain knows that Fauci lied.  It’s not even debatable.  I saw a good piece on tv (Frontline, 60 Minutes, or some other show, can’t remember) about the gain of function funding and it was crystal clear. Open and shut case.  But people don’t care because he’s on their side.  Everything has become politicized these days, even science.  It’s gross.  Complete whitewash on one of the biggest disasters since WWII.

Undoubtedly CNN soon to counter with 10 out of 11 scientists who agree it wasn’t……. 
I'm pretty sure CNN is avoiding this topic.
Sure, and my feeling about Fauci have been laid out pretty clear over the last few pages here.  But the point I’m making is if the Fox’s, CNN’s, newsmax’s, etc etc etc have lost credibility with us (as many here say they have) then pointing to them when it supports a narrative is flawed.

Sure, and my feeling about Fauci have been laid out pretty clear over the last few pages here.  But the point I’m making is if the Fox’s, CNN’s, newsmax’s, etc etc etc have lost credibility with us (as many here say they have) then pointing to them when it supports a narrative is flawed.
I don't disagree with you.  Its becoming hard to find anything not bias or censored these days. 

I've read the definition of gain of function and clearly the experiments were. 

With all the BS going on, this is one story I don't want to fall off the radar. 

Neither are 99.99% of the people chastising Fauci, in this thread and elsewhere.
They’re not, and I certainly admit you are more educated on this topic than I am, but I think we are all educated enough to realize when someone is wording something or parsing words to avoid admission of something.

I personally feel like at the very least that Fauci “wiped his feet on the truth” so to speak. I actually was disappointed to see it. I may not agree with everything that happened as far as measures taken and certainly we can all be political here, but I never criticized him during the height of the pandemic. He certainly earned the right to speak and have someone no more versed than me to defer to him. But at the very least right now it appears that he elected to not tell the whole truth even if he didn’t overtly lie in this situation. 

I've read the definition of gain of function and clearly the experiments were. 

With all the BS going on, this is one story I don't want to fall off the radar. 
Exactly.  In a well functioning country we would be having a healthy debate about gain of function, mandatory controls, monitoring, etc.  

So he was asked why those who have had COVID are required to get the shot when studies have shown that there is a strong immune response.

His response was "I don't really have a firm answer for you on that."

Oh, seriously.  What a lying dooshnozzle.  

I am hugely pro vaccine, but that was a slimy, beaurocratic, hall-monitor-just-following-the-rules answer.  The chance he hasn't read those studies is 0%.

You've said this before but we are not required to fall into this absolute framework.  In fact falling into it is flawed and the opposite of what intelligent people should do.

Absorb information.  Know where it is coming from.  Challenge it.  Get additional opinions / sources for things that you think are warranted.

If I took your approach I would never consume anything or listen to what any politician says, everyone has had a "credibility questioning" moment.

I think Joe Biden is a clown, I listen to what he says and evaluate it.  I thought Trump was a clown, I listen to what he said and evaluated it.

I read articles from the NYT...if they make sense I don't feel the need to dismiss them because they previously said something stupid like Oreo's are racist.

ETA

I saw this article yesterday in The Atlantic .  I think the Atlantic is biased and I've read other Articles from them that are silly and prove they are very biased.  Are you saying reading this Article and evaluating the points it makes and thinking they are likely factually correct...is flawed? 

Last edited by a moderator:
TI personally feel like at the very least that Fauci “wiped his feet on the truth” so to speak. I actually was disappointed to see it. I may not agree with everything that happened as far as measures taken and certainly we can all be political here, but I never criticized him during the height of the pandemic. He certainly earned the right to speak and have someone no more versed than me to defer to him. But at the very least right now it appears that he elected to not tell the whole truth even if he didn’t overtly lie in this situation. 

The vaccine hesitant don't trust the government to protect their interests.

40 million firearms were sold to civilians in 2020.  There were a record number of first time gun buyers. Many were interviewed in line and many of first time gun buyers said they were previously hesitant on owning a firearm but they felt they had no choice but to do something to protect themselves.

Do you think those people seeing honest American small business owners getting burned and looted out while the police were told to stand down and rioters and looters were bailed out night after night are going to magically start believing the government and politicians are going to protect them? If that was true, there wouldn't be guns flying off the shelves.

Every time Fauci lies or violates the "honor code" ( in which omission is treated the exact same as a lie) , he increases the vaccine hesitancy in this country. He is the "mouthpiece of Science" to the entire nation. He should be calming people and giving simple consistent messaging. Instead he's cashing checks, basking the glow of camera lights and feeding his gigantic ego.

Does Donald Trump have blood on his hands from COVID19? Yes

Does Joe Biden have blood on his hands from COVID19? Yes

Does Anthony Fauci have blood on his hands from COVID19? Yes.

The difference is Fauci is supposed to be the science that people keep claiming everyone should be listening to and unlike Biden and Trump, he's actually supposed to know better.

Every Fauci lie helps to kill Americans. Every Fauci lie encourages non vaccinated Americans that their mistrust in the government and establishment is correct and that they should remain unvaccinated. Every dollar Fauci takes while his lies helps to kill Americans is blood money.

He can't humble himself enough to admit he lied and he was wrong because it feels like dirt is being thrown on him.

Guess what? DIRT WASHES OFF YOUR HANDS A LOT EASIER THAN BLOOD

ANTHONY FAUCI, BECAUSE OF HIS LIES, IS THE BIGGEST "ANTI-VAXX" REPRESENTATIVE FROM SCIENCE AND MODERN MEDICINE IN ALL OF AMERICA TODAY.

Let me guess, you’re the 0.01% right?  The guy who insisted that masks don’t restrict air intake. 😆
Nope.

I think this is supposed to be a zinger, and even though I may be slightly more qualified to comment on general scientific matters, I don’t pretend to be an expert in gain-of-function research.

More importantly, I have no idea how involved the director of the NIAID is in approving/reviewing every project funded by the NIH.
As far as masks go, I can't help you interpret scientific literature or understand respiratory physiology. But in your defense, there are a few doctors who share your viewpoint, like Steven LaTulippe.

Is Fauci's take we all need boosters? Everyone.

Im Confused.

He (or his family) doesn't have any stock in Pfizer right?

Fauci moving the goalposts again. Need the booster to be considered fully vaxed.

Welcome to the unvaxxed world you filthy animals.  :banned:

Fauci moving the goalposts again. Need the booster to be considered fully vaxed.

Welcome to the unvaxxed world you filthy animals.  :banned:
makes you wonder why, if you originally needed only 2 shots, did the vax cards have 4 slots and they specifically told you not to laminate it?

Because they anticipated booster shots might be necessary?

ahhhh...but that as never told to us at first. 

2 shots, live you life, lose the masks, rainbows and bunny rabbits. 

Just saying, if that was known from the beginning—and it's fine, I get it—that should have been communicated from the start. It wasn't and its things like that which are contributing to the skepticism overall. The overall communication of this whole thing has been a disaster by the gov't and Fauchi 

Last edited by a moderator:
ahhhh...but that as never told to us at first. 

2 shots, live you life, lose the masks, rainbows and bunny rabbits. 

Just saying, if that was known from the beginning—and it's fine, I get it—that should have been communicated from the start. It wasn't and its things like that which are contributing to the skepticism overall. The overall communication of this whole thing has been a disaster by the gov't and Fauchi 
That's not remotely what I recall. I thought they were pretty up-front boosters were likely, or at least there was uncertainty regarding the vaccine's durability. Since you mention bunnies, maybe you're confusing Trump's magical thinking that we'd be done with this by Easter 2020?

Then again, I wasn't of the mindset life would quickly return to "normal", if ever. People sometimes hear what they want, especially when faced with a harsh reality of prolonged pandemic life. Regardless, it's pretty naive to expect a virus in a family able to foil our immune response and infect us repeatedly would be contained so easily. For all the flu comparisons, nobody questioned whether periodic re-vaccination would be necessary?

Do you have any archived footage of Fauci, or any other infectious disease/public health official, promising vaccination would be two shots and done? Journalists interpreting scientists don't count, nor does the ex-POTUS, or any politician.

Users who are viewing this thread