What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Unofficial Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, MD thread. (1 Viewer)

Yes, I know that. Feel free to take your gotchas elsewhere, for stealthycat sure seems to think that the outrage shouldn't be different if "Trump, Obama, Hillary, Facui, Shaq" were the ones doing it
You know that, but insist on making that argument anyway.  That's what I meant by get a grip man.

BTW, the answer is obvious.  More outrage should be shown towards the scientist because they should know better.  Especially a western scientist that knows eating dogs for dinner isn't acceptable in our society, let alone using them as lab rats.  FFS

why not double check the story if you don't like that link ? you'll find its a valid story 

It's an ad hominen attack.  He knows the story has substance and there is no defending the acts.  So you attack the source instead of the relevant facts of the matter.  

You know I had really hoped that wasn't a true story

Direct Headline: Is it right to use Nazi research if it can save lives?

By Frank Swain 23rd July 2019

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190723-the-ethics-of-using-nazi-science

This one is a bit complicated. I see Fauci in two lights. The first is as a storied medical and health care professional with lots of career success and has probably helped lots of people directly or indirectly. The second is the camera hog celebrity wannabe career bureaucrat who surrendered the clear simple messaging that the American public needed and did so probably at the cost of many lives.

If, running a hypothetical, my godson had Parkinsons or one of your children had Parkinsons, and unethical research in the past has done some progress to help those with Parkinsons, how angry would we be about it?

I'll be completely honest. If someone came to me and said they wanted to propose a Constitutional amendment where all convicted rapists, child molesters, murderers, wife beaters, car jackers, drug dealers and the like were sent off to be subjected to medical experimentation, designed to further research into saving other lives, in place of innocent dogs and animals, I'd vote for it. I like dogs. People in general? Yeah, not so much. If I pass 100 dogs on the street. I'll smile a hundred times. If I pass 100 random people on the street? Yeah, not so much. Even if it was a woman as beautiful as Gal Gadot? Yeah, still not so much. As you turn full geriatric, that mythical inch and half of standard issue roast beef doesn't suddenly make you believe you are watching Frank Sinatra live in concert anymore. Most of the time, at this point, I'm just happy when I don't need to wake up 4 times in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

I find most people's view of burning books changes over time. If you want to burn To Kill A Mockingbird in political effigy, I'll probably punch you in the face. But if there was a landfill full of dogearred copies of Dean Koontz's Phantoms, I probably wouldn't stop Ben Affleck from using a flamethrower.

I'm positive Ben Affleck is a mediocre actor. However I'm not so positive that I can hang modern science when I'm very likely complicit in some way in benefiting from that carnage.

If a dog was laced with flesh eating bacteria and then left to be eaten alive by ticks, I'd be unhappy with it. But could I say the same if it was a convicted child molester?

Article in Newsweek critical of Fauci, co-written by a couple highly-credentialed guys

Martin Kulldorff, Ph.D., is an epidemiologist, biostatistician, and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Jay Bhattacharya, MD, Ph.D., is a Professor of Health Policy at Stanford University School of Medicine. 
How Fauci Fooled America

They are highly credentialed. They are/were also advoctaes of the letting the virus burn through the population in order to reach herd immunity.
Yep, they’re the authors of the Great Barrington Declaration, which, rightfully so, was widely criticized by public health and infectious disease experts. Many of their arguments against Fauci tie into the plan proposed under the GBD.

Does that mean we are allowed to disagree with the highly credentialed now? 

The argumentum ab auctoritate has been the rage for a rather long time.  What I have observed is that as political policy has evolved and become less centrist the usage of this logical failure has increased.  When your ideas are not defensible you will immediately resort to defending them through some credential of authority. Its a clear indicator in a debate when your opponent has been checked.

Fauci: There is a "misplaced perception about people’s individual right to make a decision that supersedes the societal safety."

LINK
Is this a controversial statement?

Individual rights don't always superceded societal needs. Has been true forever. One can certainly argue that covid is not one of the expections, but the statement itself is pretty accurate.

Is this a controversial statement?

Individual rights don't always superceded societal needs. Has been true forever. One can certainly argue that covid is not one of the expections, but the statement itself is pretty accurate.

Weren't you just arguing about context in the self defense thread?  Try to be consistent please.

Drinking and driving is illegal. Speeding is illegal. Not taking a medical procedure is not illegal... Yet. Some would like it to be. 
I'm not really sure about your argument about legal or illegal.  They are examples of societal safety at the expense of personal rights.  They weren't always illegal.

I'm not really sure about your argument about legal or illegal.  They are examples of societal safety at the expense of personal rights.  They weren't always illegal.
For things that we decided led directly to the harm of themselves or others by their own actions. We then enacted laws to punish those that chose to engage in these acts. Thus the rule was established and agreed upon. 

Punishing someone for not taking a medical procedure is not in the same realm. Especially with made up mandates that were not passed by law but dictated by a politician. 

The tilt toward totalitarianism by the left means you submit or else. It's really that simple.
I tend to believe its more about money than power. Im sure if we could see their portfolios, they all have a nice stake in the pharma companies making these "vaccines" Republicans included. The societal chaos caused by their policies is just a nice bonus for them. 

I tend to believe its more about money than power. Im sure if we could see their portfolios, they all have a nice stake in the pharma companies making these "vaccines" Republicans included. The societal chaos caused by their policies is just a nice bonus for them. 

Typically I would say yes, but the rising tide of leftist radicalism seems to care little for money so much as power.  And their leveraging of hate among groups is reminiscent of the Fascists rise in Germany back in the day.

Apparently  the feds own part of the  phizer and Moderna vaccines. So there is that.

The hyperbole does not help your cause. You can't go around yelling "the left this" "the left that" and expect to do anything but rile people up on both sides. 

6 million Jews are ashes in Europe because people failed to call out the truth.  We all have an obligation to call out injustice and immorality where we see it rising.  Currently, the leftists have the lead in this area.  I will not ignore it.

Typically I would say yes, but the rising tide of leftist radicalism seems to care little for money so much as power.  And their leveraging of hate among groups is reminiscent of the Fascists rise in Germany back in the day.
The parallels are definitely there but I just look at the people in Congress like Pelosi, Schumer, etc and I don't see them leading an ideological coup. They are the type to just keep grabbing dollars and woke ideology and the virus are great tools to get them there.

The parallels are definitely there but I just look at the people in Congress like Pelosi, Schumer, etc and I don't see them leading an ideological coup. They are the type to just keep grabbing dollars and woke ideology and the virus are great tools to get them there.
They aren't stopping it either.  This is how creep happens.  

The hyperbole does not help your cause. You can't go around yelling "the left this" "the left that" and expect to do anything but rile people up on both sides. 

6 million Jews are ashes in Europe because people failed to call out the truth.  We all have an obligation to call out injustice and immorality where we see it rising.  Currently, the leftists have the lead in this area.  I will not ignore it.
Good god

I was really gratified at how the election results in Virginia seemed to give Pelosi and Schumer a backbone.  They appeared to be stepping up and brushing back the radicals, and the centrists were more out there as well.

If that is all it takes to restore some sanity, great.

If you think it can't happen again, you are wrong.  This world is not that far apart from where we were then. Pretending its impossible is exactly how it happened in the first place.

There will always be tyrants.
It is worlds apart. Universes even.

There is no comparison to the ####### holocaust and a debate over mandating a vaccine during a global pandemic. You should cower in shame for even bringing up this analogy.

It is worlds apart. Universes even.

There is no comparison to the ####### holocaust and a debate over mandating a vaccine during a global pandemic. You should cower in shame for even bringing up this analogy.
You and people like you look at the end result and say "it's nothing like that, how dare you!" Yet you continue to ignore the similarities to the period of time that LED UP TO that awful tragedy. It wasn't like Hitler was elected and shipped people off the next day.

It was about 1930 that the Nazis (who had been around for over a decade at that point) finally gained power, taking advantage of a financial crisis within the country. They then spent the next 8 years discriminating against the Jewish people. It started small by scapegoating them for other Germans unhappiness or illness or whatever they could pin on them. Then it was sanctions and fines against Jewish businesses. Then they banned Jews from public places and made all citizens carry papers around to prove they weren't Jews. It wasn't until 1938 after years of conditioning the rest of the people to think Jews were subhuman that the Nazis started taking them away to labor camps. 

You can't see the parallels because you are already conditioned to ignore them. 

Fauci being super sciency again. 

Mask on, mask off. That as the name of the game for ANTHONY FAUCI at JONATHAN KARL’s book party Tuesday night at Café Milano. As gawkers tried to snap pictures of him indoors not wearing a mask, America’s doc would put it on and take it off depending on whom he was around. SALLY QUINN asked him why he was at a party with a mask in hand, not on face. “I said, ‘You seem pretty ambivalent about your mask’ because no one else was wearing one,” Quinn told Playbook. “He said, ‘I just decided that if anyone came up that I didn’t know, I would put my mask on.’”

LINK

You and people like you look at the end result and say "it's nothing like that, how dare you!" Yet you continue to ignore the similarities to the period of time that LED UP TO that awful tragedy. It wasn't like Hitler was elected and shipped people off the next day.

It was about 1930 that the Nazis (who had been around for over a decade at that point) finally gained power, taking advantage of a financial crisis within the country. They then spent the next 8 years discriminating against the Jewish people. It started small by scapegoating them for other Germans unhappiness or illness or whatever they could pin on them. Then it was sanctions and fines against Jewish businesses. Then they banned Jews from public places and made all citizens carry papers around to prove they weren't Jews. It wasn't until 1938 after years of conditioning the rest of the people to think Jews were subhuman that the Nazis started taking them away to labor camps. 

You can't see the parallels because you are already conditioned to ignore them. 
wat

Soooooo, we have three folks here who are OK with this comparison.  Wow. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread