What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Final Week of the Regular Season IDP Info/Comments/News/Recommendations (2 Viewers)

Dolphins safeties Eric Rowe down to 40% snaps and Brandon Jones to 60% week 2. Did Rowe get hurt or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a roster spot for a speculative add, Derrick Barnes in DET. 

I read good things in camp, and Jamie Collins getting dragged by the HC in today's presser. 

Watching an AFCN weekly discussion and the Bengal honk noted how impressive LB Logan Wilson played Sunday.  

One to keep a lazy eye on.

(FantasyPros) According to the Denver Broncos, LB Bradley Chubb will undergo an arthroscopic procedure on his ankle Wednesday. Analysis: A big blow for the Broncos' defense. With Chubb likely sidelined for multiple weeks, the Broncos will look to Jonas Griffith and Josey Jewell to step up in his absence.

(FantasyPros) According to the Denver Broncos, LB 

Bradley

Chubb

will undergo an arthroscopic procedure on his ankle Wednesday. Analysis: A big blow for the Broncos' defense. With

Chubb

likely sidelined for multiple weeks, the Broncos will look to Jonas Griffith and Josey Jewell to step up in his absence.
Lame blurb writer.

Jewell is hurt, and is definitely not an EDGE. Browning was the name I expected to see in that blurb.

Malcolm Smith 'might' get some reps but the Browns put the green dot on S Johnson.  JOK 'could' see more action.  The early injuries to Jacobs and Walker have made a 'cloudy' situation more skewed.  

Invest at your own risk.
It was Malcolm Smith.

Snap counts week 1

• Anthony Walker 62
  • Malcolm Smith 17
  • JOK 25
Snap counts week 2

• Malcolm Smith 58
  • JOK 18
Smith took over the middle as JOK's snap decreased but don't read too much into JOK's decreased snaps as the entire-D wasn't on the field for as many snaps as they were in week-1 against KC.

John Franklin-Myers, what do you guys think of him going forward? I know he has been slightly Sack dependent but all the articles I have found seem to big him up this year and given the HC way of Defense, could he be the guy we had hoped Lawson was going to be before he got injured? 

John Franklin-Myers, what do you guys think of him going forward? I know he has been slightly Sack dependent but all the articles I have found seem to big him up this year and given the HC way of Defense, could he be the guy we had hoped Lawson was going to be before he got injured? 
I picked him up this week, I'm not starting him yet but I might be soon.

Yes. From what I read it is possible he will be the def signal caller but it is still TBD.
Saw this blurb on Rotoworld ( NBC Sportsedge or whatever): 

Broncos signed LB Micah Kiser off the Rams' practice squad.

The Broncos gave Kiser $600,000 guaranteed to jump over, replacing Josey Jewell, who is done for the season with a torn pec. Kiser knows the basics of coach Vic Fangio's defense after playing for Brandon Staley in L.A. last season. Kiser started nine games for the Rams last season and appeared on 17 special teams snaps in Week 2.

I've had a lot of injuries on my roster thus far this season and it leads me into considering how soon I need to play a waiver wire darling from the previous week.

I'm currently unsure of what to think of using Kam Curl (with Bobby McCain stealing playing time apparently) or Donovan Wilson (hurt last week but a maybe for this weekend) relative to plugging in a Justin Strnad or a Darious Williams who's having a good start thus far too.

With Wilson out last week, I was forced to start Azeez Al-Shaair, which wasn't terrible, but it's been chasing an injury with a waiver darling vs. "safe" bench options (non 0 points, but nothing special) all year it feels like.

It's Week 3 and I'm officially worried about Justin Simmons. 7 solos, 2 assists total this season at half time of Week 3 game. Anybody with any insight about what's up?

northern exposure said:
It's Week 3 and I'm officially worried about Justin Simmons. 7 solos, 2 assists total this season at half time of Week 3 game. Anybody with any insight about what's up?
Tackles are still lacking but he had an INT.  Regardless there are always DB's on waivers that can score well.  Work the waivers until Simmons turns it around.

Tackles are still lacking but he had an INT.  Regardless there are always DB's on waivers that can score well.  Work the waivers until Simmons turns it around.
The only issue is we have extremely short benches in this league. So, I would have to drop Simmons to pick up another DB. I don't want to panic over a lull in production, but it has been 3 pretty low scoring weeks.

Kenneth Murray in SD had press last week about his struggles. White was praised for his work vs. run and pass. This week Murray dipped to 51% snap share with White at 71% and Tranquil at 43%. Both had great stats compared to Murray's paltry line. They played the Chiefs so, despite not seeing any of the game, I'll assume LAC likely had a pass-based DEF in the game plan which may not favor Murray, anyway. Definitely something to monitor, as his snap % has gone from 100% to 79% to 51%. Ruh-roh Raggy.

The only issue is we have extremely short benches in this league. So, I would have to drop Simmons to pick up another DB. I don't want to panic over a lull in production, but it has been 3 pretty low scoring weeks.
I would have no issue dropping Simmons if you have to.  DB's are the kickers of IDP and there are always top 10-ish guys on the waiver wire because they turnover so much.  It's hard giving up name guys but I have learned that for DB's it usually works out if you cut bait fairly early because serviceable guys are easy to find on waivers (especially if you have short benches).

Kenneth

Murray

in SD had press last week about his struggles.

White

was praised for his work vs. run and pass. This week

Murray

dipped to 51% snap share with

White

at 71% and Tranquil at 43%. Both had great stats compared to

Murray

's paltry line. They played the Chiefs so, despite not seeing any of the game, I'll assume LAC likely had a pass-based DEF in the game plan which may not favor

Murray

, anyway. Definitely something to monitor, as his snap % has gone from 100% to 79% to 51%. Ruh-roh Raggy.
And we know White and Tranquill are not special players.

I don't own Murray, so I haven't followed him, but that's very bad. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Krys Barnes disappeared huh?

De'Vondre Campbell is the only Packer LB getting snaps, and had been a lovely starter for me for years, across what, three teams? 

Additional points for having the longest dreads in the league, I think. 

Krys Barnes disappeared huh?

De'Vondre Campbell is the only Packer LB getting snaps, and had been a lovely starter for me for years, across what, three teams? 

Additional points for having the longest dreads in the league, I think. 
I believe Barnes left early with a concussion

I believe Barnes left early with a concussion

Yes, he was everywhere to start but got knocked out of the game early in the second Q. Summers replaced him and he didn't return. 

San Francisco 49ers at 10:20 1-10-SF 4 (10:20) (Shotgun) J.Garoppolo pass incomplete short middle to T.Sermon. (10:16) (Shotgun) J.Garoppolo pass short left to B.Aiyuk to SF 10 for 6 yards (E.Stokes; K.Barnes). GB-K.Barnes was injured during the play.

LBs who might be on waivers but look like they could be LB3s+ after week 1: Kenny Young, Germaine Pratt, Krys Barnes, Christian Kirksey, Nick Vigil. Adding these guys in leagues where they are available.
Picked up Kenny Young a few weeks ago.

My Blake Martinez replacement.   

Looking to add guys like Willie Gay if he's been dropped, as he has a decent chance to return this week and KC needs him, and Detroit's Derrick Barnes, as Collins was released and Barnes now fills the ILB spot next to Anzalone on the depth chart. He only played about 50% of the snaps Week 3, but I think that increases this week.

Adding David Long TEN LB where possible, as well. @Tick had posted the Monster article from week one and the week 2 version mentioned him (wish I had read it last week when Long would have been a FCFS add) as someone that may take over. @Bri continues to discuss Evans as a potential stud next year with a different team, but for now it looks like Long could be continuing with the high snap count. With Jayon banged up it was Long getting 100%, after 98% last week. 

Need to add some depth in a league where I have Hunter, Josh Allen, Mercilous, and not much else (Carl Lawson and Tuitt on IR).  Do any of these guys stand out as "must grabs" or anywhere close?  This is a 16-team dynasty league where most teams have at least 4-5 DL, so I'm looking at guys who are outside of the top 75, but may have some upside (short and/or long-term).

Zach Sieler MIA DE

Al-Quadin Muhammad IND DE

Angelo Blackson CHI DE

Darrell Taylor SEA DE

John Franklin-Myers NYJ DE

Steven Means ATL DE

Austin Johnson NYG DT

Sebastian Joseph-Day LAR DT

B.J. Hill CIN DT

Golden Gopher said:
Need to add some depth in a league where I have Hunter, Josh Allen, Mercilous, and not much else (Carl Lawson and Tuitt on IR).  Do any of these guys stand out as "must grabs" or anywhere close?  This is a 16-team dynasty league where most teams have at least 4-5 DL, so I'm looking at guys who are outside of the top 75, but may have some upside (short and/or long-term).

Zach Sieler MIA DE

Angelo Blackson CHI DE

Darrell Taylor SEA DE

Steven Means ATL DE

Austin Johnson NYG DT

B.J. Hill CIN DT
I recognize two former Titans that never do much in here. Johnson is a freak athlete that never lived up to the billing

Flying Elvis said:
Adding David Long TEN LB where possible, as well. @Tick had posted the Monster article from week one and the week 2 version mentioned him (wish I had read it last week when Long would have been a FCFS add) as someone that may take over. @Bri continues to discuss Evans as a potential stud next year with a different team, but for now it looks like Long could be continuing with the high snap count. With Jayon banged up it was Long getting 100%, after 98% last week. 
They have two open roster spots and are expected to be involved in Jamie Collins bidding. 

Long is good for IDP but NFL he's small (and plays small) and always reacts late meaning he's also scared to read and pounce. He's always replaceable. Way too many less experienced praise him for so many tackles and I'm here like yeah he tackled a back after eight yards gained.

Golden Gopher said:

Zach Sieler MIA DE

Angelo Blackson CHI DE

Darrell Taylor SEA DE

Steven Means ATL DE

Austin Johnson NYG DT

B.J. Hill CIN DT

Al-Quadin is definitely a must add in that deep a format. His snaps are consistent through 3 weeks and his scoring has been as well. JFM would be next on my list for similar reasons and he was expected to start at DE alongside Lawson so his long term is decent, too. Indy seems to be throwing draft picks at DE every year so Muhammad may be a 1 year play. 

They have two open roster spots and are expected to be involved in Jamie Collins bidding. 

Long is good for IDP but NFL he's small (and plays small) and always reacts late meaning he's also scared to read and pounce. He's always replaceable. Way too many less experienced praise him for so many tackles and I'm here like yeah he tackled a back after eight yards gained.

Thanks! I hadn't seen much news on Collins but it makes sense that Vrabel would be interested.

Definitely good info to have on Long. Like you mention, those down field tackles score the same, so bad football players can still be great IDP scorers. Right up until they're replaced, anyway. lol

Golden Gopher said:

Zach Sieler MIA DE

Angelo Blackson CHI DE

Darrell Taylor SEA DE

Steven Means ATL DE

Austin Johnson NYG DT

B.J. Hill CIN DT

I would look to add Muhammad, Franklin-Myers, and Taylor in that order.  Unless you have a separate DT lineup spot then I would add Joseph-Day.  He is doing well and will always have an advantage since the O-Line is always focused on Donald.  

With Anthony Barr getting a limited practice in yesterday and a questionable tag, does Nick Vigil turn into a pumpkin when he returns? Depth chart currently has Barr at SLB and Vigil at WLB. Anybody know if Barr was SLB in 2019?

With Anthony Barr getting a limited practice in yesterday and a questionable tag, does Nick Vigil turn into a pumpkin when he returns? Depth chart currently has Barr at SLB and Vigil at WLB. Anybody know if Barr was SLB in 2019?

The expectation is that Vigil will become irrelevant. Definitely needs to be monitored closely, as Barr may need a week to get back to football shape and/or be "eased in" after a long absence. 

The expectation is that Vigil will become irrelevant. Definitely needs to be monitored closely, as Barr may need a week to get back to football shape and/or be "eased in" after a long absence. 
That may be the expectation however Barr has really fallen off the past few years due to injury and age.  I don't think Vigil will decline in production that much and think he will still be on the field a lot.  I would hold Vigil.  

If Barr returns to SLB and Vigil stays a 3 down WLB, I'm not concerned about Vigil declining. I don't see that scenario affecting Vigil's numbers.

This made me laugh from this week’s Monster:
Possible waivers: No new producers this week but Jalen Thompson (S) did have two good weeks in a row, I could be totally wrong about him and if I am you may as well add him now because it’s better to have him and not need him than need him and not have him, I won’t be though, I still don’t believe it’s real, same deal with Olujari on the Giants, it’s just outlier nonsense and we have such a small sample size that it looks good to people who have only ever seen three games worth of IDP production in their lives. I’ve seen sixteen games a week (approximately, bye weeks and whatnot) for sixteen weeks a season for eighteen years games worth of IDP production so I think I can smell BS by now. That’s over 4,500 games of IDP production sweet Jesus I’m getting old.

This made me laugh from this week’s Monster:
Possible waivers: No new producers this week but Jalen Thompson (S) did have two good weeks in a row, I could be totally wrong about him and if I am you may as well add him now because it’s better to have him and not need him than need him and not have him, I won’t be though, I still don’t believe it’s real, same deal with Olujari on the Giants, it’s just outlier nonsense and we have such a small sample size that it looks good to people who have only ever seen three games worth of IDP production in their lives. I’ve seen sixteen games a week (approximately, bye weeks and whatnot) for sixteen weeks a season for eighteen years games worth of IDP production so I think I can smell BS by now. That’s over 4,500 games of IDP production sweet Jesus I’m getting old.
Anyone know when is Amani Hooker going to play again (right now on IR -foot)?

Anyone know when is Amani Hooker going to play again (right now on IR -foot)?

Can't even find any info on what the injury is. Vrabel does the same crap BB does... which makes it impossible to have any real idea what's going on with injuries. Hooker can't come back before the week 6 game based on when he hit IR. 

My bids this week in various leagues:

• David Long
  • Tae Crowder
  • Quincy Williams
  • Azeez Al-Shaair
  • Andrew Wingard
  • Darrell Taylor
  • Al-Quadin Muhammad
After the first day of waivers, I picked up JJ Watt and Jayon Brown who were dropped.

Simmons has been playing mostly deep in conservative shells. Denver won going away against the Jets. I wouldn't panic over Simmons's lack of production just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread