What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Final Week of the Regular Season IDP Info/Comments/News/Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Gally

Footballguy
I figured we could have a week 1 thread for any news, general questions, recommendations, etc since nobody really knows anything going into week #1.

I will start........Does anybody have confidence in rolling out Isaiah Simmons, Zaven Collins, or Hicks week #1?  Without really seeing anything specific in preseason I have no idea if I risk starting Simmons week 1.  Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured we could have a week 1 thread for any news, general questions, recommendations, etc since nobody really knows anything going into week #1.

I will start........Does anybody have confidence in rolling out Isaiah Simmons, Zaven Collins, or Hicks week #1?  Without really seeing anything specific in preseason I have no idea if I risk starting Simmons week 1.  Any thoughts?

This may just feel like rhetorical questions if we're expected to figure out some of these messes. lol

I dumped Hicks in a contract league immediately this offseason b/c his cap hit was way too high to worry about this particular hot mess. ARZ staff immediately proclaimed Collins & Simmons as their starting ILB. Collins seems to be the guy, for sure. Simmons proceeded to have mediocre press (though I wasn't seeking it out, so that's blurbs that hit my feed). Hicks was granted his request (or just offered the option?) to seek a trade and no team gave a ****. For week 1, I would prefer to bench both Simmons and Hicks if possible, but that always depends on the next best option on your roster. 

Looking at SEA and their entire DL. Any reliable information around about what to expect from Dunlap/Hyder/Collier/Taylor? Is Collier bumping inside on passing downs (seems like maybe I'm seeing him in lists as more DT than DE? Will Taylor's value be tied entirely to cheating the system because he's designated as DE but taking LB snaps? Dunlap is ranked highest anywhere I look but does he actually have a full time role?

This may just feel like rhetorical questions if we're expected to figure out some of these messes. lol

I dumped Hicks in a contract league immediately this offseason b/c his cap hit was way too high to worry about this particular hot mess. ARZ staff immediately proclaimed Collins & Simmons as their starting ILB. Collins seems to be the guy, for sure. Simmons proceeded to have mediocre press (though I wasn't seeking it out, so that's blurbs that hit my feed). Hicks was granted his request (or just offered the option?) to seek a trade and no team gave a ****. For week 1, I would prefer to bench both Simmons and Hicks if possible, but that always depends on the next best option on your roster. 

Looking at SEA and their entire DL. Any reliable information around about what to expect from Dunlap/Hyder/Collier/Taylor? Is Collier bumping inside on passing downs (seems like maybe I'm seeing him in lists as more DT than DE? Will Taylor's value be tied entirely to cheating the system because he's designated as DE but taking LB snaps? Dunlap is ranked highest anywhere I look but does he actually have a full time role?
It's all a crap shoot.  just hoping someone may have some insider stuff.  I really haven't seen anything on Simmons at all other than he should be starting.  

As far as Seattle goes I dropped Collier at cut down day because I don't think he is worth anything for IDP.  He is just like a bunch of other guys.  I also have Dunlap in that league and I think he will be fine as DL3 for IDP purposes.  He might not play 100% of the snaps like he used to but I think Seattle will be up enough and he will get his sack opportunities.  I don't think Hyder or Taylor are worth much but I would probably hold Taylor to see what week 1 brought.  

Clowney DNP today due to an “illness”. Stefanski said he has  tested negative for COVID-19. “He’s just ill.”

Something to keep an eye on.

Since IDP participation is low - are some non obvious start scenario questions frowned upon in this thread?

Spit balling her in week 1. Norton has Janoris Jenkins projected #1 CB this week. Worth a start over Xavier McKinney?

Spit balling her in week 1. Norton has Janoris Jenkins projected #1 CB this week. Worth a start over Xavier McKinney?
McKinney hasn't been listed as the starter.  He should get a bunch of snaps but it might be worth seeing how they use Ryan, Peppers and McKinney the first week.

Looking at Eric Wilson as a deeper tackle-heavy LB play. Is he confirmed wearing the green dot?

DAL looks like a full blown LBBC. Seems like it'll be a nightmare to own pieces this year. Still lots of chatter about Jaylon being cut next year and LVE will be UFA so Parsons/Neal for 2022, it seems, though Neal is only on a 1 year deal and would need to sign again as a UFA. Might be possible that LVE plays well enough that DAL makes an offer at some point, though. 

@Bracie Smathers posted Kearse (DAL S) in the sleepers thread. Definitely worth a deeper dive, as there are some very interesting stats in the NFL Gamebook from last night. 

D. WIlson is listed as starting SS and 85% of the defensive snaps, all while posting a goose egg in the stats column. Kazee, also listed as SS in the stats sheet despite being listed as the starting FS, earned 80% of snaps and posted 2T, 2PD, 1FF. Kearse is listed as FS with 62% (plus a ton of ST work) and went off. 

EDIT: Deeper dive, and his tackle numbers were 3T 6A on D with 2T on special teams. 

How would you rank these LB for week 1?

2pts/solo, 1pt/asst, 4pts.sack. Already starting Devin White and Singleton. Need one more.

Jamin Davis

J Jewel

A Hitchens

Anzalone

^Agreed.

How would you rank these LB for week 1?

2pts/solo, 1pt/asst, 4pts.sack. Already starting Devin White and Singleton. Need one more.

Jamin Davis

J Jewel

A Hitchens

Anzalone

I'd rank them just as you listed. Jewel probably safer, but he's missed enough time that being "eased in" could be a thing. Davis is upside and he's the SHINY NEW TOY! 

^Agreed.

I'd rank them just as you listed. Jewel probably safer, but he's missed enough time that being "eased in" could be a thing. Davis is upside and he's the SHINY NEW TOY! 
Yep.  The order listed seems right although I might flip Anzalone and Jewel.  I don't think Anzalone is long for the job but for week 1 he should get snaps.

Anyone watching the NYG game? I can't see J.Peppers #21 at all, I only have seen Logan Ryan and McKinney......but its limited views as I only have Redzone.

With Collier inactive do you think Rasheem Green continues to impress?

With Collier inactive do you think Rasheem Green continues to impress?

Top snap % among DEs yesterday at 70% certainly bodes well. Collier as an inactive and Hyder as the next highest DE at 54% seems to be a very clear answer to the Tuesday. Carroll has always run a meritocracy. 

These gamebooks updating with snap counts by the next day is fantastic. The last page wasn't available earlier today and I just came back to it at 4pm and some are updated. ❤️

Top snap % among DEs yesterday at 70% certainly bodes well. Collier as an inactive and Hyder as the next highest DE at 54% seems to be a very clear answer to the Tuesday. Carroll has always run a meritocracy. 

These gamebooks updating with snap counts by the next day is fantastic. The last page wasn't available earlier today and I just came back to it at 4pm and some are updated. ❤️
Yea I noticed that too, I was desperate to see what the heck happened to J.Peppers.....https://nflcdns.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/58516/NYG_Gamebook.pdf

sadly it looks like McKinney is taking many of his snaps now (McKinney got 63 and Peppers 30), they do roll 3 Safeties often but I can't use a guy who is looking at half the snaps of a year ago. I don't know how I missed the snap sharing through the pre-season or if it was never talked about but man that caught me way off -guard! Guess I just figured his standing was good especially as a team captain with L.Ryan...

I'm looking at moving him for Eric Rowe in this week's waivers. Still have B.Baker and L.Collins as well. 

LBs who might be on waivers but look like they could be LB3s+ after week 1: Kenny Young, Germaine Pratt, Krys Barnes, Christian Kirksey, Nick Vigil. Adding these guys in leagues where they are available.

Rasheem Green or Jacob Tuioti-M…. (The OLB listed as a DE) if you only have one spot available as a DE2?

Any strong preference order here or any pound the table guys

LB - Vigil, Delshawn Phillips, Hollins

DE - Franklin - Meyers, Tuioti, BJ Hill (DT)

Also:
Holcomb in Washington - season buy or matter or time before the rookie cuts that production down quickly?

Any strong preference order here or any pound the table guys

LB - Vigil, Delshawn Phillips, Hollins

DE - Franklin - Meyers, Tuioti, BJ Hill (DT)

Also:
Holcomb in Washington - season buy or matter or time before the rookie cuts that production down quickly?

Vigil would be #1 for me as a LB (think Wilson last year) unless you are in a big play scoring league and then I would go with Hollins.

I would probably list them Franklin-Myers, HIll, and then Tuioti.  Although the Vikes interior O-line is usually an issue and CIncy dominated them with Ogunjobi and Hill.  It was a good matchup so it might be his best game of the year.  

Vigil would be #1 for me as a LB (think Wilson last year) unless you are in a big play scoring league and then I would go with Hollins.

I would probably list them Franklin-Myers, HIll, and then Tuioti.  Although the Vikes interior O-line is usually an issue and CIncy dominated them with Ogunjobi and Hill.  It was a good matchup so it might be his best game of the year.  

Agree on all points. Hollins looked good but in the OLB/LEO role so format/scoring makes a big difference for him. Vigil will be looking over his shoulder for Barr but that injury is really starting to throw off a Todd Gurley vibe. 

Anyone watching the NYG game? I can't see J.Peppers #21 at all, I only have seen Logan Ryan and McKinney......but its limited views as I only have Redzone.

Look out for the opponent's TE running to the endzone and usually you will see Peppers desperately trying to cover him from 5 yards behind. And that's why he isn't a full-time player this year if week1 is any indication.

Looks like Dugger has taken over the SS spot in NE. 93% and nice stats, and looks good in-game. Likely owned in deep leagues but worth a look at wires and as a trade opportunity. Might still be cheap but not for long. DBs for BB are the only IDPs worth owning. 

Edit: @Gally title  change or new thread for week 2?

Look out for the opponent's TE running to the endzone and usually you will see Peppers desperately trying to cover him from 5 yards behind. And that's why he isn't a full-time player this year if week1 is any indication.
Thanks, I dumped him on Tues in waivers and picked up both R.Rowe and Dugger!

Flying Elvis said:
Looks like Dugger has taken over the SS spot in NE. 93% and nice stats, and looks good in-game. Likely owned in deep leagues but worth a look at wires and as a trade opportunity. Might still be cheap but not for long. DBs for BB are the only IDPs worth owning. 

Edit: @Gally title  change or new thread for week 2?
Done

Harris is next man up on the depth chart for SF but Azeez Al-Shaair saw an uptick in snaps last year when Greenlaw was dinged and played well to finish out the game Sunday. He's the guy I'm adding as I think he gets first Crack at the 3dlb work alongside Warner. 

Harris is next man up on the depth chart for SF but Azeez Al-Shaair saw an uptick in snaps last year when Greenlaw was dinged and played well to finish out the game Sunday. He's the guy I'm adding as I think he gets first Crack at the 3dlb work alongside Warner. 
Al-Shaair got significant work last week and was called "next man up" by PFT. That's a huge grain of salt to take considering that it's PFT, but I saw the snap counts and Al-Shaair got a lot of work.

So has SF moved Al-Shaair over to WLB then?

I think the designation of WLB/SLB is less relevant, tbh. I just think he's a good player that will get the vacated snaps. That may mean SLB when 3 LBs are on the field, but the 3 down work is what matters. I'm assuming he gets first chance at the full time role and a high (80-100%?) snap count.

Anthony Walker placed on short term IR.  Not sure who benefits.

Ugh. That's a bummer. Definitely an unclear situation. 

Anthony Walker placed on short term IR.  Not sure who benefits.
Nobody is. They've got a shapeshifting defense that de-emphasized linebacker. Owusu-Koramoah seems like more of a dime package guy than a traditional three-down guy. They might just run a lot of dime, though. I don't really know who benefits. I think they're treating their LBs like a lot of teams treat their RBs, which means a lot of rotation and situation.

Look at me, sounding all authoritative.

Reuben Foster in for a visit to Cleveland, per PFT.

Al-Shaair got significant work last week and was called "next man up" by PFT. That's a huge grain of salt to take considering that it's PFT, but I saw the snap counts and Al-Shaair got a lot of work.
My guess :I think Al-Shaair plays most of Greenlaw’s snaps with Harris playing some SAMLB and sort of taking on Al-Shaair’s previous role.  

Just picked up Drue Tranquill, LB,  LAC, off of waivers, he didn't play much last week, is he still recovering from last year's leg / ankle injury? No matter how hard I search, I cannot find any updated information of his current status.  Does anyone know anything about Drue's current status?

Just picked up Drue Tranquill, LB,  LAC, off of waivers, he didn't play much last week, is he still recovering from last year's leg / ankle injury? No matter how hard I search, I cannot find any updated information of his current status.  Does anyone know anything about Drue's current status?

Preseason notes had him as the expected starter alongside Murray. White was the guy they wanted to get on the field somehow... but then White got all the PT. Not sure if Tranquil's recovery played a part but doesn't look great.

Preseason notes had him as the expected starter alongside Murray. White was the guy they wanted to get on the field somehow... but then White got all the PT. Not sure if Tranquil's recovery played a part but doesn't look great.
White is still sitting on the wavier wire, should I pick him up and cut Tranquill?

Users who are viewing this thread