What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which RB flier(not top 50) do you like the most for redraft? (1 Viewer)

Which RB flier(not top 50) do you like the most for redraft?

• Rhamondre Stevenson

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • TySon Williams

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • Chubba Hubbard

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ty Johnson

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Other (specify, shouldn't be in top 50 RB consensus)

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters
To me, of the choices listed, Stevenson has the most clear path to FF production. He's likely the short yardage back, which could mean cheap TDs, and I've never been particularly impressed with Harris, though he looked better this preseason. 

Guys not listed in the poll I like include DWill in Chicago, DWill in KC, and JaWill in DET. 

Guys not listed in the poll I like include DWill in Chicago, DWill in KC, and JaWill in DET. 

Those guys are all interesting too, but I purposely selected "trending" fliers to generate a conversation on comparing them....I think we're missing that conversation, and to be honest there hasn't been much focused fantasy content in this area either...neither podcast or articles.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, of the choices listed, Stevenson has the most clear path to FF production. He's likely the short yardage back, which could mean cheap TDs, and I've never been particularly impressed with Harris, though he looked better this preseason. 

As someone invested in Stevenson, I would love to believe this.  But BB hates rookie RBs, Harris seems like the guy, etc.

I voted Ty Johnson.  Coleman is Mr Glass.  Michael Carter will be solid too, but he’s not getting more than 8-12 touches per game.

From the poll, I would go as listed. 

I'm definitely intrigued by Tony Jones Jr, Alex Collins.   Gainwell to an extent.   I think Gio has cracked top 50.

Gallman, Jaret Patterson, Kylin Hill, Khalil Herbert, Jermar Jefferson, and Eno Benjamin if you have deep benches.

I get the sense that C. Evans and Perine would look like a split if Mixon went down (hence, not worth it on most rosters), but I'm watching that one.

Stevenson technically is no longer eligible (ADP of RB 48), but for the purpose of discussion it doesn't make that much difference.

I think that Stevenson is the one that has a chance to take the top job without a major injury.   Even though I like him in part because Damien Harris capable of getting injured.

Given what I know of Tevin Coleman and Michael Carter's pass protection issues, maybe it's fair to say Ty Johnson also has that chance, but I think it's more a chance of being the lead in the committee.

With that said, it feels like the universe is out to make Ty'son Williams this season's James Robinson .   What a meteoric rise.   I'm actually scared for Gus Bus in week 1 the way everything is falling into place for him.   

I was gonna say Phillip Lindsay.  I mean, I've always liked him, but DJ and Ingram are his competition for touches......but he's like consensus RB 42......I guess I like DWill on KC based on potential opportunity

From the poll, I would go as listed. 

I'm definitely intrigued by Tony Jones Jr, Alex Collins.   Gainwell to an extent.   I think Gio has cracked top 50.

Gallman, Jaret Patterson, Kylin Hill, Khalil Herbert, Jermar Jefferson, and Eno Benjamin if you have deep benches.

I get the sense that C. Evans and Perine would look like a split if Mixon went down (hence, not worth it on most rosters), but I'm watching that one.

Tony Jones Jr. is intriguing to me as well.  Great offense, kamara not a traditional workhorse that can get injured.

Just added Alex Collins on the chance that he or Penny finds their way to Baltimore.   I liked Collins as the potential #2 behind Carson anyway, Ravens RB situation puts this move over the top, even though a trade is unlikely.

Apologies if this is in a million threads, but an emergency inventory list of free agent RBs and trade candidates that have a snow ball's chance of factoring in to Baltimore's plans seem needed.   I like Ty'son Williams, but I think most are playing in leagues deep enough that we need to be on the lookout for anyone else that might factor in.

Safe to say that they probably like Bell over Freeman since they signed him to the practice squad first?

They're probably higher on Ty'son than either?   Anyone beg to differ?

The more obvious names to ponder that might factor in from the outside:

• Latavius Murray - fa, on NO when they signed Bell, but not Freeman
  • Mark Ingram - trade, knows the system
  • Todd Gurley - is there a chance this was the preferred free agent all along, but waiting for non-guaranteed contract?
Other long shots?

• David Johnson - trade
  • Rashaad Penny - trade - previous rumors of losing the #2
  • Alex Collins - trade   - former Raven, but a ways back and didn't end well
  • Kerryon Johnson - fa   -  i know he's broken short-term and was probably broken long-term.   I don't know how broken he was, or how long the latest injury is supposed to last.   Vegas kicking the tires as a 3rd down / Richard replacement.
  • Royce Freeman - trade  -   CAR just scooped him.   any chance BAL would be interested?
  • Derrius Guice - fa ??  -   sorry for even typing his name
  • Hasty - trade - I think SF likes him for their ST
  • J Wilson - trade - I don't know how injured he is, seems like Niners have moved on
  • Gore - the feel good dinosaur everyone knows and loves
  • Peterson - the dinosaur that makes you feel a little icky, but he was raised that way so..... also, he looks good in purple
  • Mike Boone - trade -   Does he sign in Denver if he knows they're definitely drafting Javonte?
  • Darwin Thompson - trade - TB just added him to PS, but if Gio shows the goods, this guy doesn't seem like he would be a bad option to pair with Williams
  • Marlin Mack - trade - It seems like they might be higher on Wilkins at this point
  • Wilkins - trade - because what do I know.
  • L Perine - trade - seems to be on the outside looking in on a 3-man committee
  • Tevin Coleman - trade
  • Melvin Gordon - trade  - probably not before Boone's return
Who else needs to be on our radar?   I don't know that there's gold in them thar hills aside from what's already on roster, but there could be.

• Todd Gurley - is there a chance this was the preferred free agent all along, but waiting for non-guaranteed contract?

This is probably the biggest free agent one that's on my mind.    The shelf life would certainly be limited if signed, but when he was going, I thought he was bringing more to the table in ATL than what Lev Bell was giving in KC.   Is my 2020 assessment wrong?    

I think it's Lev Bell before Devonta Freeman.   But is it possible that it's really Gurley above Bell, we just don't know it yet?

Probable answer is that they were all horrible and someone like Penny is the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread