What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 5 PPR Sleepers (6th Round or After) (1 Viewer)

I have been all over Corey Davis in my drafts.  I think he pushes to be in the top 20 of WR's when all said and done. 

Late, late if you punted on TE I like Tyler Kroft.  You can get him basically free and I think he flirts with top 10 TE for the year.  

I have been all over Corey Davis in my drafts.  I think he pushes to be in the top 20 of WR's when all said and done. 

Late, late if you punted on TE I like Tyler Kroft.  You can get him basically free and I think he flirts with top 10 TE for the year.  
Won't lie, I have Corey Davis queued up in The Contest, but I'd be remiss if I did not drop Elijah Moore's name in this thread.  Seems like an instant mismatch waiting to happen, a la OBJ's rookie season.

Here are my 5:

1) Raheem Mostert

2) Trent Sherfield

3) Trey Lance

4) Tyler Higbee

5) Zack Moss

Who you got?

Funny how everyone is split on Mostert and Sermon.  Will need an injury to have a winner.  If that doesn't happen, the correct answer is none of the above. Moss fits into that category also.  I'm not seeing much different in Buffalo to expect anything different than last year and if one gets hurt, Breida could cut into the upside of the survivor.  Niners fans hope you are wrong because I don't see Lance getting traction unless the season is headed south.  Also disagree on Higbee.  Doesn't split out wide often and is a great blocker plus Woods and Kupp limit his upside.

Funny how everyone is split on Mostert and Sermon.  Will need an injury to have a winner.  If that doesn't happen, the correct answer is none of the above. Moss fits into that category also.  I'm not seeing much different in Buffalo to expect anything different than last year and if one gets hurt, Breida could cut into the upside of the survivor.  Niners fans hope you are wrong because I don't see Lance getting traction unless the season is headed south.  Also disagree on Higbee.  Doesn't split out wide often and is a great blocker plus Woods and Kupp limit his upside.
SFO had ~490 RB touches last season, expect around 525 this season as the floor.  If they both get 40% I can see the offense supporting two top 15 backs, especially if they are ahead and grinding teams down in the 4th quarter which they will be doing more than last year.

I was listening to a podcast last week before my draft and they were really high on Josh Palmer WR LAC -- so I got him with my last pic -- haven't watched any tape on him yet. --but I dont see his name mentioned much anywhere else --

Last edited by a moderator:
I was listening to a podcast last week before my draft and they were really high on Josh Palmer WR LAC -- so I got him with my last pic -- haven't watched any tape on him yet. --but I dont see his name mentioned much anywhere else --
Think he's being groomed to take over Mike Williams' role if they don't re-sign him. Heard good things about him so far, but may be a better dynasty prospect than redraft (without injury at least.) Still, as a last round pick it's worth a dart throw to see how much they involve him. 

Great sleeper but would likely need an injury to williams or Allen to be relevant this year which is why he doesn't get discussed much.

Here are my 5:

1) Raheem Mostert

2) Trent Sherfield

3) Trey Lance

4) Tyler Higbee

5) Zack Moss

Who you got?
Sherfield is an interesting inclusion.  It was surprising to me that the Cardinals allowed Sherfield to get away.  I would love to see him breakout, but I suspect he will be featured more as a special teamer than as a receiver.  Are you hearing otherwise?

Sherfield is an interesting inclusion.  It was surprising to me that the Cardinals allowed Sherfield to get away.  I would love to see him breakout, but I suspect he will be featured more as a special teamer than as a receiver.  Are you hearing otherwise?

He's looked very good this preseason. The 49ers are the only team I've watched, but he has looked much better than Deebo and Aiyuk. Neither have looked good, hope it's just rust. 

I like Sherfield but any SF receiver this year is suspect to me, yes they will have some good games, but in too many they'll have a big lead and will be running the ball way more than passing. Just my two cents.

1. Robbie Anderson

2. Antonio Brown

3. Jerry Jeurdy

4. Darrell Henderson

5. Brandon Aiyuk
AB and Jeudy are probably in my top-5 sleeper WRs.

I would throw in Chark. I know his ADP is right around Levishka's and higher than Marvin Jones, but I take him over them. I feel Chark's upside if he hits it off with TL is league winning as your WR4/5.

Then I feel one of Ruggs/Edwards should also be a success. I'm more inclined to pick Ruggs due to sheer upside of his athleticism. Edwards is no slouch, but could see Waller making him a little redundant/under targeted.

Then there's that 2017 class of Mike Williams and Corey Davis. Williams has hit double digit touchdowns before, and hopefully Herbert makes the offense hum like last year. Davis is a guy who I loved coming out of college, but have soured on, but it's probably now or never for him to breakout in a new situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Pittman- draft capital, good size/athleticism combo, clear opportunity to be the top target on his team

Bryan Edwards- he's really cheap so that is part of this but he's got a draft WR profile, has gotten really good buzz this offseason and seems in line to be the starting X WR for an NFL team so why not give it a shot in the double digits of a draft?

Elijah Moore- I a a little skeptical of the Jets beat writers after they praised Carter all offseason only to see him fall behind Ty,etc. However, the praise for Moore was so overwhelming that I am willing to give it a go. The discount he got by being hurt and missing preseason makes this still an attractive option. 

Ty Johnson: Again, the value here is tasty. Very late in drafts you are getting a shot at the guy who seems to have the edge for the lead RB on his team. Now it might be a really bad team and it might be a 4 RB committee but Ty has serious burst and if he can make big plays to distance himself from the competition, you might have found a solid flex, injury replacement, trade bait or bye week fill-in during the rounds where defenses and back-up TEs are being taken.

Justin Fields- if your league and roster sizes allow you to comfortably stash a QB for a couple weeks, I would take the shot with Fields. He's like Russell Wilson in the body of Julio Jones. The upside is obvious. 

No order

T Boyd - ppr top ten WR during the weeks with Burrow last year

Jakobi Meyers - could be the next on the Edelman/amendola/Welker line.  Don't trust agalor at all

Gerald Everett - great size/speed now the top te in the room with his old oc, as good a reason as any of the other tes outside the top 6 to break out

Trey Lance/Justin fields - if you can stash a qb you keep one of these

Ty'son Williams - 2nd rb in the most run heavy offense should be a flex option.

PPR:

AB 

Boyd

Gronk

Bernard

James White

Not everyone in Tampa is likely to hit but there's upside littered there. Just insane the offense talent they have. And they won the SB in Year 1 together with 2 of their key cogs coming off exile / retirement.....and they added a massive upgrade IMO as their pass down back.

E and R Moore along with Dyami Brown (who could get a LOT of burn with Samuel's hammy issues) at WR.

Gio, Ty Johnson, and Ty'Son Williams at RB. 

Kroft, Juwan Johnson, and Granson at TE. 

Zach Wilson, Fitzmagic, and Tannehill (relative to his ADP) at QB. 

PPR:

AB 

Boyd

Gronk

Bernard

James White

Not everyone in Tampa is likely to hit but there's upside littered there. Just insane the offense talent they have. And they won the SB in Year 1 together with 2 of their key cogs coming off exile / retirement.....and they added a massive upgrade IMO as their pass down back.
So far so good :excited:  Even more excited about Gio now given Jones/Fournette blunders.

Ertz is another one I like. I think ceiling is definitely lowered with Hurts but imo crazy he's going last-ish round. He led Philly receivers in preseason targets and was seeing solid targets from Hurts last year. 

Users who are viewing this thread