What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be the hot week 1 add? (1 Viewer)

I've never been one who jumps on players who perform well in any particular week based on just that.  For me it's usually about injuries and who the backup is perceived to be.

probably one of the tier 2 rookie WRs will have a good week & people will blow some FABB chasing points

Moore, Moore, Marshall, ARSB, Collins, Dyami 

will be interested to see how involved Juwan & DPJ are utilized this w/e

He's not free in any of my leagues. Grabbed in the rookie drafts everywhere I could. BALLER!  :drive:
He was on the waiver wire in one of my devy leagues.  I dropped Devonta Freeman, who I just picked up.  Understandable since we roster a lot of college players and have 25 man rosters.  That was the only league he was available however and was drafted at 3.08 in this devy league.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Barring guys who are elevated due to injuries around them:

Tua Tagovailoa-By all indications he looks like a different player then last year, and back to his Alabama self. Plenty of quality weapons and if he puts up a nice game without Will Fuller, what will he do with them. Watson's splits with/without Fuller were always significant.

Alexander Mattison-I'm not predicting a Cook injury(in fact Cook is my RB1 overall for week 1) but I think the Vikings will be even more run heavy than people think, now that their defense isn't starting a bunch of rookie CBs, and they the DL isn't a weakness. Mattison feels like a 10 carry a game guy, to go with Cook's 20+.

Tyrell Williams-Somebody besides Hockenson has to catch the ball in Detroit. Williams has size/speed and the 49ers have a shaky CB group. 

Zach Ertz-Hurts has targeting TE's relentlessly in camp, and by all accounts Ertz has kept up with Goedert. Also, TE is a thinner position, so if somebody who everyone knows has a nice game, its easier for people to get on board with picking them up. Ertz puts up say 6-65-1, he's a priority add for a lot of teams.

Tyrell Williams-Somebody besides Hockenson has to catch the ball in Detroit. Williams has size/speed and the 49ers have a shaky CB group. 
You might be right short term, but what about Amon-Ra St. Brown later in the season?

I know his ownership is less than 10% on some platforms he was drafted in 3 of my 4 redrafts.

I expect him to be FF relevant this month.
As someone lost Michael Thomas & Curtis Samuel, I have to start St. Brown this weekend (short benches). Not expecting much but I will pray to the fantasy gods.

Darnold has the weapons, he could be a top 10 QB who's really being overlooked
On local radio, he was the top cheap QB option this week for DFS. Versus the Jets in week 1 and the Texans in week 3, he has a chance to put up good numbers. Marshall looked great in preseason.

The value in this offense will come from the passing game.. see Davis and Kroft.
Maybe. I think they will try to protect their young QB and will be balanced if they can remain competitive. Ty’s value will come if Tevin misses time. I am not a huge Michael Carter supporter though.

Cole Kmet.

Dalton won't have any time for downfield throws against that ferocious Rams rush so he will be looking for Kmet all night long. 

Kmet is fast, strong and has a Kittle-ish knack for dragging dudes a couple extra yards after the catch. 

First week always has one wild-hair-crazy game and one wild-hair-crazy WR that no one has ever heard of who comes out of nowhere. 

I have no idea who that might be but by the 2nd week most of 'those' guys fail but if they hit they could turn into a Stefon Diggs where if you didn't pick him up you'll be kicking yourself for years.  I like to have room at the end of my bench to pick up guys who will 'most likely' bust but have sleeper upside.

First week always has one wild-hair-crazy game and one wild-hair-crazy WR that no one has ever heard of who comes out of nowhere. 

I have no idea who that might be but by the 2nd week most of 'those' guys fail but if they hit they could turn into a Stefon Diggs where if you didn't pick him up you'll be kicking yourself for years.  I like to have room at the end of my bench to pick up guys who will 'most likely' bust but have sleeper upside.

Frisman Jackson is the poster-boy for this...he went 8-128-1 week 1 in 2005 and ended his career 40-490-1...the biggest week 1 addition of all time was Kurt Warner in 1999...gotta believe about 75% of the owners who picked him up after week 1 were distraught Vinny Testaverde owners who lost him after his season-ending injury ...to this day that is still the single biggest free agent transaction I have ever seen in fantasy football.

Those week 1 FA pickups can really bolster a roster...sometimes it's not just blow-up stats but seeing some sneaky usage that may bode well for later in the season...last year I noticed seeing Gaskin get 9 carries and 4 receptions in week 1 for 66 total yards...nothing earth-shattering but enough to be worthy of a pick-up and it paid off decently...this year a few guys I think worth watching are Chris Evans, Josh Palmer (I am very high on him), Quintez Cephus, Kylin Hill, Quez Watkins, Elijah Mitchell, JJ Taylor, Larry Rountree, Alex Collins and Kylen Granson...again, I am looking more at usage on these guys not putting up big stats...obviously some of these guys are long-shots but if you see any of them get a decent amount of touches in week 1 that may bode well for fantasy relevance going forward. 

TE landscape is barren so this is a long-shot opening-week potential wire darling.

TE Blake Bell KC

Heard the Chiefs are going to use a ton of multiple TE sets Sunday. 

Kelce will get his but he'll be draped in double coverage so Blake's 'bell' could get wrung near the GL.

I heard that they will even run some '14' personnel so 4 TEs will be on the field at any time forcing the defense to play-up.  Supposedly ALL of their TEs are said to have 'soft hands' so Mahomes will be looking to take advantage.

I expect more TE targets and its 'possible' that Bell is the beneficiary.

RB- stevenson

Pats are going to run, then run some more the first half of the season until Jones gets his sea legs

Users who are viewing this thread