What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1, I'm starting Ty'Son over ____________. (1 Viewer)

dmac37

Footballguy
I can't believe I'm considering this, but I'm thinking of starting Ty'Son over Allen Robinson. 

In both leagues where I have him, his status makes him a no-brainer as a flex. The other considerations at flex were Callaway, Waddle and Jonnu in one league and Shepard and Gesicki in the other. 

Blocking TE Nick Boyle that's so key to their running game now on IR.....don't do it folks. I have 3 shares that I hope pay off in best ball or survivor leagues. But in my single case in a guillotine, I just can't start him over Corey Davis/Kareem Hunt/Marvin Jones/Devonta Smith.  I'm not that bold. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very distracted leading up to the Thursday night game kickoff, was waiting on Bloom's tiers to add one more data point, and things just didn't go my way. I was already leaning in this direction, and seeing where Bloom tiered him would have given me the nudge to dive over the cliff: Ty'Son over Zeke. Now I'm locked in to Zeke's putrid effort, but still have to consider Ty'Son as my other flex RB is Trey Sermon (Mixon as RB2), in an old-school, TD heavy, non-ppr League. I think the only reason this is a debate for me is because I missed my chance to switch Zeke out for him. The 49'ers should pound the Lions, and as soon as they're up, they should bubble-wrap Mostert and give the shiny new toy a real workout...but...

Team A - Jav. Williams, Jam.Williams, A.J.Dillon

Team B - N.Hines, A.J.Dillon, T.Jones Jr

Man, punting RB's in these leagues might have been a mistake....😢

I feel the exact opposite - the ability to grab a potential RB1 off the wire is exactly the reason to wait on RBs once you got past the first 6-7 picks.

Week 1, I’m starting the guys I drafted to start for me. Call me crazy. :shrug:  

If I had a losing record maybe I’d be bolder about it, but at 0-0, imma wait & see how that backfield shakes out.

If I had a losing record maybe I’d be bolder about it, but at 0-0, imma wait & see how that backfield shakes out.

But sometimes that flex spot is not so sure for the guys you drafted and is really dependent on who you think will score a TD.

Sermon Vs Callaway Vs Williams Vs Pittman type decisions.

But sometimes that flex spot is not so sure for the guys you drafted and is really dependent on who you think will score a TD.

Sermon Vs Callaway Vs Williams Vs Pittman type decisions.
Of course it’s team specific, but so was the topic question. 

My team happened to have CMC/Mixon at RB, Ridley/DJMoore/Higgins at WR & Henderson at flex. And JaWill on the bench with T.Jones/Ty’son

If I didn’t have Henderson I’d possibly start Ty’son over JaWill, but probably not. 

Best of luck to the brave souls in here. There are some bold moves being made,  benching studs and whatnot. Bur luck favors the bold, and I salute you. 

I have J.Meyers as my flex (PPR) and considering Ty-son instead .... 

but BAL historically doesn't pass to their RB's ... I mean like maybe 80-100 attempts a year is all, right?  so unless they are going to change that now ..... I dunno, its a tough decision to start an unknown 

Boldly starting over my 6th/7th rounds RBs, Kareem Hunt and Javonte Williams in the flex.

I started Zeke and just need a homerun upside pick atm.

Ty'son is Mr. Irrelevant of my draft. Should be my most intriguing guy to watch as a 'league winner' for Week 1.... and beyond? 

I’m going on record that I disagree with some of the decisions in here, though I’m hoping for the best (so I can trade him to one of the zero RB guys in my league after MNF) 

Good news though: according to some sharks, I’m always wrong, so…

What if you drafted Gus and Tyson was your handcuff? Or what if you have a weak flex type because you went QB/TE early and relied on breakout/sleepers/matchups for your flex? So many different scenarios 

What if you drafted Gus and Tyson was your handcuff? Or what if you have a weak flex type because you went QB/TE early and relied on breakout/sleepers/matchups for your flex? So many different scenarios 
Oh of course.

I said as much later in the thread. I was answering the question for my team, not everyone else’s. 

But I wouldn’t start him over a Javonte Williams, even with Williams’ slight ambiguity. Nor would I start him over a Gaskin or any of the other RB3-types folks are saying they’re starting him over.

Raiders seem like a soft matchup, but it is week 1, and Ty’son is a relatively unknown commodity compared to those dudes. So even in a seemingly favorable matchup, I’d be less comfortable with him.

For dynasty leagues, zero RB teams, etc, I can totally see starting him. But he’s still a dart throw.

I feel the exact opposite - the ability to grab a potential RB1 off the wire is exactly the reason to wait on RBs once you got past the first 6-7 picks.

I feel the same way... unfortunately, Williams was drafted in my league in the 12th round.

I’m not sure Ty’son has “RB1” pedigree, but I sure hope so - I wanna get as much for him as possible in trade. Go Ty’son! 

I’d either start him over Mostert in .5 (wouldn’t do that) or over Mike Davis in full ppr (which I’m thinking about doing). 

Sunday. Gus was still un-injured, but I guess the guy who grabbed him liked what he saw on tape.
That is some drafting acumen right there.

I picked them up before Gus got hurt, but mostly as a dart throw  since I know they use multiple running backs

“Williams is going to start against the Raiders Monday night following the season-ending injuries to J.K. Dobbins, Gus Edwards, and Justice Hill. Even after the signings of Le'Veon Bell, Latavius Murray, Devonta Freeman, and Trenton Cannon, The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec expects the Ravens to give Williams "every opportunity over these first couple of weeks to solidify his hold on the starting job." The team clearly likes Williams. He has a chance to run with the gig if he can produce Week 1 against Vegas. Consider Williams a back-end RB2 with upside this week.”

Oh of course.

I said as much later in the thread. I was answering the question for my team, not everyone else’s. 

But I wouldn’t start him over a Javonte Williams, even with Williams’ slight ambiguity. Nor would I start him over a Gaskin or any of the other RB3-types folks are saying they’re starting him over.

Raiders seem like a soft matchup, but it is week 1, and Ty’son is a relatively unknown commodity compared to those dudes. So even in a seemingly favorable matchup, I’d be less comfortable with him.

For dynasty leagues, zero RB teams, etc, I can totally see starting him. But he’s still a dart throw.
This is one that is giving me pause.  I guess my concern here is that we know Gordon is there, is listed as the starter, and seems likely to keep Javonte from getting a majority of the work. 

With Ty'Son, this feels like at a minimum the one week where a high workload is all but guaranteed.  The 3 vets were all signed within the last 5 days, and I think it's highly unlikely any of them are ready to take on a significant number of touches.  I could be wrong here, but I suspect Ty'Son is bound to see 15+ touches.  I'm banking on the volume against a bad defense.

Oh of course.

The shrug and call me crazy made it seem like you were making fun of others for starting him 

This is one that is giving me pause.  I guess my concern here is that we know Gordon is there, is listed as the starter, and seems likely to keep Javonte from getting a majority of the work. 

With Ty'Son, this feels like at a minimum the one week where a high workload is all but guaranteed.  The 3 vets were all signed within the last 5 days, and I think it's highly unlikely any of them are ready to take on a significant number of touches.  I could be wrong here, but I suspect Ty'Son is bound to see 15+ touches.  I'm banking on the volume against a bad defense.
I think Javonte gets 50-50 in that offense with a chance to do more. 

They didn’t play him in the finale because they said they’d seen all they needed to of him. Meanwhile they pounded Gordon in that game because he hadn’t had many reps.

That kinda implicated that JaWill is going to handle a decent load.

I feel fortunate I don’t have to make this decision this week, and also fortunate that I’ve got Ty’son. It’s rare lotto tickets pay off so quickly. Between him & T.Jones this has been a productive preseason for my RB5-6

dmac37 said:
I can't believe I'm considering this, but I'm thinking of starting Ty'Son over Allen Robinson. 
After further review and more rational thinking I'm going with ARob even though Ramsey should be shadowing him all day. With that said, I will not be surprised if Ty'Son's numbers end up being better, great combo of volume and weak opponent. 

I have no doubt they'll play him. I also have no doubt they'll play Gordon. How much for each? Who gets the goal line touches? No idea.
Yep. I’m interested to see who Baltimore activates/signs of the 3 olds they brought in, and what role they’ll play.

They have to activate one of them, right? They can’t go into a game with 1 RB

Users who are viewing this thread