What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COVID vs Vaccine - how many people do you know who had long term effects? (1 Viewer)

How many people do you know impacted by the Vaccine?

Votes: 87 85.3%
  • 1-3

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • 4-7

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 7+

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

moleculo

Footballguy
Curious to see if we can gauge the risks of vaccine vs COVID as un-scientifically possible.

By know, I mean people whom you would talk to if you run into them in a store - neighbors, family, friends, acquaintances, etc., but not celebrities or people you have heard of. "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who knows someone" doesn't count.  Also, for the medical folks, this does not count patients, although feel free to chime in if you have noticed a significant difference.

Serious effects can include anything from hospitalization to death.

This is heavily flawed.  If someone dies of CV and I know them I'll hear of it.  Someone gets a sore arm or a headache from the shot I won't.  

The two are hardly comparable.  I know multiple people that have long covid.  Kids also.  Get tired easily and/or still can't smell taste right.  I know of none that have had long term shot symptoms more than even a few days.  

This is heavily flawed.  If someone dies of CV and I know them I'll hear of it.  Someone gets a sore arm or a headache from the shot I won't.  

The two are hardly comparable.  I know multiple people that have long covid.  Kids also.  Get tired easily and/or still can't smell taste right.  I know of none that have had long term shot symptoms more than even a few days.  
A sore arm and a headache are not serious.

Eta: In todays climate, if someone had serious vaccine complications, you would absolutely hear about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well everyone I know has a vaccine with no serious effects.

I know 2 people that caught it, one was hospitalized one wasn't ... 

But I don't know a lot of people or it's not talked about

So zero for both?

1) 20+

2) Zero

3) Lender friend today posted a friend of hers died today after two week battle. A realtor friend is on a ventilator and daughter updated an hour ago that things are not looking good. Know of five others that have lost a family member or co-worker. So sad and preventable.

My sister and her husband were adamant about COVID being a "flu", and weren't going to get vaccinated.

They both got COVID, and my sister shared with me last week that during her last doctor's appointment, they took an xray, and she now has scarring in her lungs that wasn't there before COVID. 

She wishes they had gotten the vaccine when it was first available now. 

I have a friend who is super anti vax and super anti mask. She got really sick with covid this week and said she got the regeneron. I didn’t know what that was and she said it helps prevent infection or serious sickness if you get it. I said “like a vaccine?” And she did not find that funny. 

I have a friend who is super anti vax and super anti mask. She got really sick with covid this week and said she got the regeneron. I didn’t know what that was and she said it helps prevent infection or serious sickness if you get it. I said “like a vaccine?” And she did not find that funny. 
Likely due to the fact she is struggling with feeling like a total idiot right now.

I’m overly pedantic I’m sure, but everyone I know has been impacted by COVID and everyone I know has been impacted by the vaccine.  7+ easily for both. I’d vote 100+ for both if it were an option. 

It's more or less like a vaccine of last resort.  You weren't wrong.  

I’m overly pedantic I’m sure, but everyone I know has been impacted by COVID and everyone I know has been impacted by the vaccine.  7+ easily for both. I’d vote 100+ for both if it were an option. 

If I wasn't clear, I'm only looking for negative health impacts.

I know someone who was in the hospital for over 100 days, lost over 100 pounds, was in an induced coma, and a year later is still walking with a cane and just had his colostomy bag removed.  

A friend's grandfather died.

A friend of the family was in the hospital and on oxygen a few days.

Friend's boss was in the hospital for a week and can't walk up steps without gasping for air several months later (was an avid soccer player prior).

I know a few people (myself included) who had flu like symptoms for 24-72 hours post-vaccine.  Nothing to write home about.

I've had 2 friends die in the last 3 weeks from Covid.  Don't know anyone with long term effects from the vaccine.  

My mom's best friend since the early 60s died of Covid 19 on March 9th. In early February she was supposed to get her first dose of the vaccine, but she wasn't feeling well while waiting her turn.  A nurse took her oxygen level, and it was low, so they tested her for Covid and it came back positive. She was put in the hospital and never made it out. I wish the vaccines had rolled out a little earlier, so she could have gotten hers before she was exposed. She was a wonderful person, and is greatly missed by so many. I know my mom misses her every day. 

My cousin is a pilot for a major airline.   Had no symptoms, but failed his first physical in 2 decades due to a new enlarged heart only months after his 2nd vaccine.  He knows 2 other pilots in the airline who are also being paid to stay home with enlarged hearts as well.  I'm tempted to get mine checked.

I know 1 person who died after getting the vaccine too close to having COVID.  I don't know anyone who's died of COVID.  

The poll is worded poorly, so I'm going to assume knowing someone "impacted" means they have long term side effects as the thread title suggests.

I know easily 20+ who have had long term side effects and/or died from covid.

I know 0 people who have had anything worse than a sore arm and 24 hours of feeling sick/tired from the vaccine.

Know dozens of folks who caught COVID and have died , have/had been hospitalized, or had lingering COVID effects (Fatigue, brain fog, and worse). Thus far 100% of the folks who have been bad off have been not fully vaccinated. I do also know folks who were not vaccinated and had mild symptoms as well. 

I know of nobody who had anything more than the usual 24 hour sore arm / mild fever due to the vaccine.  

The poll is worded poorly, so I'm going to assume knowing someone "impacted" means they have long term side effects as the thread title suggests.

I know easily 20+ who have had long term side effects and/or died from covid.

I know 0 people who have had anything worse than a sore arm and 24 hours of feeling sick/tired from the vaccine.
that's the correct interpretation.

My cousin is a pilot for a major airline.   Had no symptoms, but failed his first physical in 2 decades due to a new enlarged heart only months after his 2nd vaccine.  He knows 2 other pilots in the airline who are also being paid to stay home with enlarged hearts as well.  I'm tempted to get mine checked.

I know 1 person who died after getting the vaccine too close to having COVID.  I don't know anyone who's died of COVID.  
very interesting.  I wonder if this is a known thing?

Know 8 people who have died of Covid, all over 65 except a nurse who was in her 40's. 
2 Covid long haulers including my uncle. 

Know plenty of people who were laid low for a day or two after getting their 2nd shot (I was down for 2 days), but all fine after that. 

Science is good IMO.

DallasDMac said:
Well then I guess you get to struggle with the fact you seem to chose idiots for friends.  ;)
My closest real friends are not. These are secondary, even tertiary level friends. But I do have some close idiots as well. But I gotta love em. 

That’s so weird to me. I have different friends from different aspects of life. Do you just talk to each other all the time? Who do you do stuff she doesn’t like with? 
Honestly? We pretty much do everything together. Married later in life and we're old. As a retired military guy, I left my home state at 22 and moved every three years for the next 20+ years. Just never established much in the way of long-term bonds. 

Honestly? We pretty much do everything together. Married later in life and we're old. As a retired military guy, I left my home state at 22 and moved every three years for the next 20+ years. Just never established much in the way of long-term bonds. 
That’s nice. I’m glad you’re happy. 

Users who are viewing this thread