What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jaguars vs Texans - Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Only interested here because I went wild card in all my survivor pools with the Jags…they’ll probs get blown out because of it

Only interested here because I went wild card in all my survivor pools with the Jags…they’ll probs get blown out because of it
Trevor is the real deal. And Houston doesn't really wanna win. I'm watching to see Trevor and to see if Cooks has any value.

Texans on the board with an Ingram rushing TD.

Yes, it’s against the Jags, but just goes to show there is fantasy value even in the darkest spots.

Someone remind my Texans we need the 1.1 next year to get our next franchise QB. Don’t go blowing that in week one fellas. 

For everyone asking about Robinson.  I think he should be more involved, but I keep seeing his touches get called back for offensive holding. 

Biggest issue is their O line holds on every play.

Jags look worse than I imagined. Bad call by the refs just helped them negate another bad mental error. Texans look more decent than expected. Texans defense is vastly improved. 

Jags 12 men in the huddle dumb penalty, next play is a Lawrence Int nearly returned for a TD. 

Another horrible call. Nico Collins pulls in an amazing 1 handed TD catch while being interfered with and refs call pass interference on him. Unbelievable. 

The legendary Urban Meyer is being out-coached by….(checks program) someone named David Culley

Texans’ potent offense being fueled by DeShau..,,err, Tyrod Taylor and DeAndr….err, Danny Amendola

same as it ever was in the 904

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyrod Taylor to Danny Amendola for the TD. How weird it is to type that. That team is also demolishing the other team too. 

Tyrod Taylor to Danny Amendola for the TD. How weird it is to type that. That team is also demolishing the other team too. 
I said Arizona dominating the Titans was the most surprising result so far but this may be even more surprising at just how much Houston has been in control.

Ingram looks to be the clear starter for Houston for those investing. Feels like short stuff is RB centric - Ingram/Lindsay runs and Johnson catches, medium is Nico Collins, deep is Cooks.

Collins looks good and Cooks has been open deep with Houston committing a lot to the run. 

Lopez looked great on 2nd stringD line in preseason. Great seeing him show up in the real game

I guess the strategy of streaming defenses against the Texans isn’t the best plan. 

What happened with the coverage on that TD?  Blown, stumble, juked?
Radio guys said it was all Chark speed and Lawrence driving the ball so fast to him that Reid couldn’t get there in time. FWIW

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawrence throwing off his back foot far too much. Probably a product of a not great OL but need to keep an eye on that as he’s been throwing ducks and Houston’s DL is subpar. 

Assuming nothing crazy here in the 4th quarter, this will be the first week 1 win for the Texans in 5 years, and the first week 1 loss for Urban Meyer in 17 years.

Users who are viewing this thread