What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy low targets? (1 Viewer)

Zeke owner here.  There is ZERO chance you're getting him for a second.  At minimum, it'd take a first and even then, I am not selling. 

Game script will not have Dak throwing that much for the year.  That Tampa line is all world. 

I'm going down with the Zeke ship before I sell for a 2nd round pick.

Zeke owner here.  There is ZERO chance you're getting him for a second.  At minimum, it'd take a first and even then, I am not selling. 

Game script will not have Dak throwing that much for the year.  That Tampa line is all world. 

I'm going down with the Zeke ship before I sell for a 2nd round pick.
I’d trade Zeke to get Mixon.

it's hard to imagine in anything but a guppy league that these guys are buy lows
Agree on Zeke.  I don't even try on elite guys because nobody is panicking on the first round pick after week 1. Sermon went in the 8th and was a healthy scratch.  I think he is attainable .

I think a guy like Aiyuk/Sermon may be reasonable targets to get on the cheap.  

Funny how perceptions change immediately Weeks 1 & 2

Guy offered me Julio and Sermon for CEH

post draft, before the first G I might have done that - love having ascending young RBs for the stretch run

Today? Bruh plz

Funny how perceptions change immediately Weeks 1 & 2

Guy offered me Julio and Sermon for CEH

post draft, before the first G I might have done that - love having ascending young RBs for the stretch run

Today? Bruh plz
I offered Amari Cooper and Deebo Samuel for Ridley last week. I was laughed at. Which is appropriate because I am very high on Ridley and wouldn’t have let him go for that. 

But week 1 hindsight is fun to look at.

I offered Amari Cooper and Deebo Samuel for Ridley last week. I was laughed at. Which is appropriate because I am very high on Ridley and wouldn’t have let him go for that. 

But week 1 hindsight is fun to look at.

I don’t think twofers have worked since the mid 00s. You need to disguise it by throwing in 1 more to make it look like A + D for B + C bc even guppies [know] giving A for B + C is dumb, whoever gets the difference maker wins,

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree on Zeke.  I don't even try on elite guys because nobody is panicking on the first round pick after week 1. Sermon went in the 8th and was a healthy scratch.  I think he is attainable .

Sermon is a majorly hyped rookie...again i think you would have trouble with a buy low offer after week 1.

but situation and league dependent.  There are probably lots of people out there that probably didn't read all the articles about him being the top rookie

Sermon is a majorly hyped rookie...again i think you would have trouble with a buy low offer after week 1.

but situation and league dependent.  There are probably lots of people out there that probably didn't read all the articles about him being the top rookie
His ADP was 7.11 RB31, so, while there was hype, it wasn't like anyone was banking on him to carry their RB corp.  I'm in the Bay Area so both my leagues were aware of the hype, but also wary of Shanahan's RB usage.  He went 8.01 and 8.02 in those leagues

I'm not selling, but some Ridley & Pitts owners are likely spooked. 

Ryan only threw 160-ish yards, but both had 8 targets. IMO this game was an anomaly & they should both be fine.  I see the next game against the Bucs as pass heavy, considering what Dallas was able to do against them. Not to mention the likelihood that ATL will be playing from behind all day. 

I don’t think twofers have worked since the mid 00s. You need to disguise it by throwing in 1 more to make it look like A + D for B + C bc even guppies [know] giving A for B + C is dumb, whoever gets the difference maker wins,
But sometimes that 3rd player makes 'em suspicious, like "well geez, if my 1 guys is worth all 3 of those guys, I'd better hold"

So maybe go 3 for 2 by adding a back of the roster guy & asking for a back of the roster guy. 💡

But sometimes that 3rd player makes 'em suspicious, like "well geez, if my 1 guys is worth all 3 of those guys, I'd better hold"

So maybe go 3 for 2 by adding a back of the roster guy & asking for a back of the roster guy. 💡

I think he meant adding another lessor player to their side of the deal so it's 2 for 2.

So instead of Cooper/Deebo for Ridley you do something like Cooper/Deebo for Ridley/Crowder.

Then the other person thinks of it like

Cooper < Ridley

Deebo > Crowder

And it makes more sense to them than if they weren't giving away a 2nd player.

I think he meant adding another lessor player to their side of the deal so it's 2 for 2.

So instead of Cooper/Deebo for Ridley you do something like Cooper/Deebo for Ridley/Crowder.

Then the other person thinks of it like

Cooper < Ridley

Deebo > Crowder

And it makes more sense to them than if they weren't giving away a 2nd player.
Ah - yeah, that makes sense. 

Or maybe really confuse them by making it 4 for 4! That way they have no idea who your real target is! 

:pickle:  

went over your head

you want the stud for your two starters. you even the trade up by asking for one of his bench guys, maybe a handcuff or an upside guy with no clear role atm.

psychologically the twofer feels like a trap. “I’m not falling for that one!” but sometimes when you make an even worse offer (2 for 2) they’ll go for it. counterintuitive but humans, game theory, et al.

went over your head

you want the stud for your two starters. you even the trade up by asking for one of his bench guys, maybe a handcuff or an upside guy with no clear role atm.

psychologically the twofer feels like a trap. “I’m not falling for that one!” but sometimes when you make an even worse offer (2 for 2) they’ll go for it. counterintuitive but humans, game theory, et al.
Yes, I got it now. @FreeBaGeL shook my noodle loose, thanks. :thumbup:

On a related note, if you're in my league you should probably offer me something based on my confusion.

Me -> :fishy:

Marcus Johnson. Chester Rogers played his role yesterday and even in a bad game he got plenty of snaps and (relative to AJ and Julio) good production.

'The other guy" will always have a shot at making plays and going against the weakest DB.

Lit up camp playing Julio and AJBs spot while they sat. He spent the summer as Tannehill's favorite target too. He has a foot thing on short term IR. I'd guess he's back week four.

Nobody is selling a top-24 pick after 1 week. I can't imagine guys like Zeke, Henry, Jones, Adams, or Barkley coming at major discounts. So looking deeper than that, I like the following guys:

Javonte Williams-Split mostly evenly with Gordon, and somewhat surprisingly, wasn't pulled in passing situations. Also seemed to be the short yardage RB, though they went pass heavy around the GL. I think he's going to be an RB2 at some point, and despite Gordon's big run, its only going to lean more toward Williams as the year goes on.

Chase Edmonds-While he and Conner played similar snaps, Edmonds was the guy out there when the game was still being decided. He's certainly at least the 1A, and Arizona has the looks of a top-3 offense. I think he's discount Ekeler, but I think he's still thought of as more of a 3rd down RB. He's an RB2 right now in my opinion.

Terry McLaurin-I'm not sure losing Fitz is a big deal, but some might think it is. He's been productive regardless of QB, and Heinicke is still a lot more of a downfield thrower than what McLaurin had last year. To be honest, part of me wonders if this might actually be a blessing in disguise for Washington in general. I doubt he has another 4 target game again this season.

Mike Evans-Might be too high to acquire, but maybe there are people who really think he's going to be the 3rd or 4th option every week. Truthfully, despite the week 1 stinker, he's the Tampa WR I'd want the most(though they are all likely WR2 types, with inconsistent weekly production)

Kenny Golladay-People might get thrown off by Shepard's big game, but Golladay looked really good, especially considering he missed almost all of camp and was questionable to even play at all earlier in the week. As he gets more acclimated with Jones(and the offense in general) WR2 production should follow.

Kenny Golladay-People might get thrown off by Shepard's big game, but Golladay looked really good, especially considering he missed almost all of camp and was questionable to even play at all earlier in the week. As he gets more acclimated with Jones(and the offense in general) WR2 production should follow.

This right here.  I was watching intently to Golladay because I have him and hadn't seen him play in about a year.  I forgot how good he is on contested catches.  He is a stud and Jones seemed to start to trust him more as the game went along.  I think he will only get better (provided he can stay healthy).  

This right here.  I was watching intently to Golladay because I have him and hadn't seen him play in about a year.  I forgot how good he is on contested catches.  He is a stud and Jones seemed to start to trust him more as the game went along.  I think he will only get better (provided he can stay healthy).  
doesnt he have a bad hammy though?

Do we think there's upside here though after Ridley and Pitts get fed, plus Davis and Patterson out of the backfield?
Remains to be seen. 

He caught 72 balls last year and caught TDs in 3 of the final 5 games.  Julio is gone, Pitts is a rookie TE, and the game plan didn't seem to go very well this week without him being involved.

He may turn out as a bust but I'm not going to let one zero push me off of him just yet(and that zero might let me acquire him for next to nothing).

Remains to be seen. 

He caught 74 balls last year and caught TDs in 3 of the final 5 games.  Julio is gone, Pitts is a rookie TE, and the game plan didn't seem to go very well this week without him being involved.

He may turn out as a bust but I'm not going to let one zero push me off of him just yet(and that zero might let me acquire him for next to nothing).
Fair enough. I don't think there will be consistent targets/upside for him with the addition of Pitts and Davis (offsetting the departure of Julio), but you never know. And you can almost certainly get him for next to nothing. 

Users who are viewing this thread