What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy low targets? (1 Viewer)

doesnt he have a bad hammy though?
He had a hammie issue during training camp but looked very healthy yesterday.  They took it very slow in TC so not to aggravate it and that seemed to have worked (at least for week 1).  He ran freely and did not favor anything.  He looked really good.

Any news on Z Moss? Possibly him if one week punishment?
From what I have read, this was neither injury related nor punishment.  However, Moss did miss some time during camp, and I have to believe the Bills are just easing him back in.  Breida just has not shown much since departing SF.  Singletary has looked solid, however.  I like the idea of adding Moss for real cheap, if you can, but unless Singletary is sidelined, Moss is no more than a bye week flex type with some red zone usage upside.

This right here.  I was watching intently to Golladay because I have him and hadn't seen him play in about a year.  I forgot how good he is on contested catches.  He is a stud and Jones seemed to start to trust him more as the game went along.  I think he will only get better (provided he can stay healthy).  
I had him last season.  I think it may be closer to two years since I last saw him

might not be a buy low guy, but DeVonta Smith is a must-add player to your roster. still kinda cheap, but his value is going to rise, sharply.

I wish I could buy into what you're all saying about Aiyuk, I have him, I'm done with the Shenanigans, getting off this ship.

is James Robinson a buy low candidate? I mean, his usage was critically bad. or, is this offense going to be 80/20 pass/run? 

A. Gibson?

Bengals defense? are they that much improved? 

D. Watson - is he going to be traded ?

I'm not selling, but some Ridley & Pitts owners are likely spooked. Ryan only threw 160-ish yards, but both had 8 targets. IMO this game was an anomaly & they should both be fine.  I see the next game against the Bucs as pass heavy, considering what Dallas was able to do against them. Not to mention the likelihood that ATL will be playing from behind all day. 
Any Pitts owner that watched that game saw an AWFUL performance by Matt Ryan. Now, assuming that Atlanta throws 50 passes vs. Tampa in week 2 (seems likely), there's a scenario where if Pitts gets 11 targets, doesn't get open, or just plays horribly, THEN his owners might panic. 

Tanner9919 said:
might not be a buy low guy, but DeVonta Smith is a must-add player to your roster. still kinda cheap, but his value is going to rise, sharply.
In dynasty he's real difficult to get (or at least for me,) but in redraft I'd think he'd be gettable. 
He looks very good. 

Thoughts on Mark Andrews being a buy low?
For starters, I suspect his owners would be reluctant as he came into season as a top 5-ish TE.   Trying not to let recency bias be too big of a factor but the pie is limited in Baltimore... despite the announcing hype, Lamar only threw for 235 and that includes OT.  They seem to be getting better WR depth.  Brown, Watkins, Duvernay got some play last night... Add in Bateman later in the season... 

I expect him to be solid... just think the ceiling might be capped.  Still a decent option within the TE landscape.

Is Zeke and/or Evans a buy low or stay away from this season?
First, you'll need a seller.  Both took some draft capital to acquire so you're up against that.  Personally, I like Zeke more despite a tough 1st week match-up.  Expect Evans to have big games mixed in with quiet ones... so many mouths to feed.

Yes, I could see either owner panicking.  Find a seller and learn their price.

Tanner9919 said:

I wish I could buy into what you're all saying about Aiyuk, I have him, I'm done with the Shenanigans, getting off this ship.

is James Robinson a buy low candidate? I mean, his usage was critically bad. or, is this offense going to be 80/20 pass/run? 

A. Gibson?

Bengals defense? are they that much improved? 

D. Watson - is he going to be traded ?
Yeah I'm starting devonta over julio as my flex moving forward.  The guy is going to get 8 to 12 targets a game and he's going to be productive every week.

Yeah I'm starting devonta over julio as my flex moving forward.  The guy is going to get 8 to 12 targets a game and he's going to be productive every week.
7 targets today but only 2 catches. Hurts bad passes or Smith bad hands today?

Last edited by a moderator:
CEH is toast. not because of the fumble on its own , but because he just looks slow and fat out there. why would you want this guy on your roster ? KC can't run the ball, and they can't stop the run on defense. the bigger issue is that KC looks like a lesser team than they did last season. they barely escaped Cle week 1, lost to ravens week 2. if they don't get things sorted out it's going to be a long season. Kool Aid man likes to get cute on offense but if you can't run the ball effectively you become vastly one-dimensional, which is what KC is right now - they're just a passing team. CEH is not the answer. I'd bet they work in some other guys as the starting RB in coming weeks, or involve others more frequently. maybe put the cheetah in as a RB occasionally. 

James Robinson might be a buy low, his stats are improving. A. Gibson can either be a buy low, or a sell high. not sure which way to go here. I'm inclined to say sell high.

Not sure you can get J. Williams as a buy low, but if you can, do it. he's about to take that job over.

Javonte

tyson sorta 

dk metcalf

aj brown but he’s stunk so far 

Herbert? Peripherals seem ok but 

sell ceh for whatever you can lol

still think Marvin Jones is a bargain and people will part with him for nothing 

sterling shepard

And yeah put a trade offer for saquon 

James white 

jamaal Williams 

just buy unsexy veteran names and be rewarded 

So frustrated they aren't bell-cowing it with this guy. They better look at the tape. 
Agreed.  I was just discussing with a buddy how usage in the NFL could start to limit the "bell cow" RB.  I think a lot of teams are going to start to limit carries for their studs and finding those "do it all RB's" is going to be difficult, because everyone has at least a 2 back system and some 3.  

It just seemed like Taylor was setup for a great year.  I view Wentz's arm as an upgrade over an aging Rivers - good receivers, great line and... woof, nothing stat-wise of what I was expecting. 

Agreed.  I was just discussing with a buddy how usage in the NFL could start to limit the "bell cow" RB.  I think a lot of teams are going to start to limit carries for their studs and finding those "do it all RB's" is going to be difficult, because everyone has at least a 2 back system and some 3.  

It just seemed like Taylor was setup for a great year.  I view Wentz's arm as an upgrade over an aging Rivers - good receivers, great line and... woof, nothing stat-wise of what I was expecting. 
5 carries for 16 yards for Mack was 5 carries too many. Taylor's YPC was crap because of all of the goal line stuffs. The coaching staff better not include Mack as much going forward- that tanks the team. 

Hines having 1 carry seems OK- maybe they shifted that workload to Mack. However, having Mack on the field REALLY scripts what you're doing- I prefer they give the rushing workload to Hines.

Terrible coaching yesterday- no doubt. 

5 names I'd like to highlight:

I think Josh Jacobs is an interesting buy low. Feels like the Raiders are going to be a much better offense in general this year, and its clear Drake is nothing more than a 3rd down RB. I think Jacobs has top-10 potential upon his return, and its possible his owner may be 0-2.

I think DJ Moore might be a buy high. He's had 19 targets in 2 games where the Panthers have never been challenged. I doubt the Panthers are suddenly a 13 win team, but its clear Moore has distanced himself as the #1 WR in Carolina. This feels like it could be a 2020 Stefon Diggs season.

If anybody wants to sell on DK Metcalf I'd be all ears. He has the same amount of targets as Lockett, and has just missed on a few deep shots. 

Along the same lines as Metcalf, if anybody is selling Dak Prescott after his sub-10 point week, I'd be on board. He played really well in that game, and was just unlucky that all the TDs were rushing. 

Lastly, I will continue bangin the drum on Kenny Golladay. He's had 2 weeks with Daniel Jones, after missing most of the offseason. He has 14 targets, which is about the same pace he typically had in Detroit, and while Jones isn't Stafford, its more than built into Golladay's price. I still believe he'll be the Giants WR to own, and he's probably valued at WR4/5 prices right now. Hell, some people talked about cutting him in the NY/Was game thread. 

I tend to agree with those who said AK. This week and maybe even next should send enough owners into a panic where you can obtain a true talent at an affordable price.

Some more names I kinda like as buy lows, if they are really low.

1. Josh Allen, through 2 games he's looked a lot more like pre-2020 Allen than I would like, but he's also faced 2 pretty solid defenses. There is still QB1 overall potential here, but his price might be much lower, especially if his owner hit on a backup QB like a Carr/Cousins and needs something elsewhere.

2. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, not gonna lie, he's been a disappointment so far, but this offense is too good, and his share of the workload is too large, for a rebound not to happen. If his owners are starting to think about sitting him, he's probably gettable for cheaper than he should be.

3. James Robinson, separated from Hyde this week(almost 3/4 of RB snaps) and is the preferred RB when trailing which will happen often. 2020 numbers are likely unattainable, but he could still be a very solid RB3/flex guy. I've seen his name brought up as a potential cut for owners, and that seems like a pretty big overreaction to me.

4. Odell Beckham, Landry getting hurt makes this even more interesting. Fun stat: Baker Mayfield leads the league in Completion percentage and is 2nd in YPA through 2 games. Those playaction shots are there for the taking, they just need a WR that can convert them. Beckham is a bit of a risk, because he isn't back yet, but he has low-end WR1 upside if he's healthy, and he doesn't cost anywhere near that. Super hot take: I'd argue Beckham might be my choice of WR's in the AFC North. 

5. George Kittle, I think his usage won't stay this low all year. He's on pace for 76 targets this season, a number he's topped in receptions twice, and would have last year if he hadn't missed 8 games. Most likely the 49ers never being behind has been a big reason for this, and in more competitive games, he'll be used more. He may not be a top-3 TE anymore(though I'm not completely ready to write that off) but if you don't have a Kelce/Waller/Hockenson, I'd be trying to get Kittle, after what is likely his worst game of the year, and before he gets a TD, or a game with more than 4 catches.

Id take Brady for Allen in a heartbeat
Completely agree with this take.  That TB offense looks amazing, plus I believe it has been pointed out by others that the BUF DEF is playing at a level that could lower their need to score big points like in the past.

I think Josh Jacobs is an interesting buy low. Feels like the Raiders are going to be a much better offense in general this year, and its clear Drake is nothing more than a 3rd down RB. I think Jacobs has top-10 potential upon his return, and its possible his owner may be 0-2.
I agree. I thought Jacobs' ADP was too low in the preseason. Now that it looks like the Raiders have a respectable passing game, Jacobs is a perfect buy low candidate right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread