What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Twenty One Pilots performance on the VMAs. (1 Viewer)

I made it through forty seconds of this and an entire performance at a festival once.

I can hereby confirm that their popularity is a complete mystery to me and they're part of the reason those reaction videos to boomers exist.

They're the awful product of teenage girls driving everything with their phones.

I think it’s still cool to watch VMAs, thought it’s highly questionable to ever watch / listen to 21 Pilots 

This is a particularly terrible take. 
I'll tell you what is terrible. I had to sit through their performance in the hundred degree heat at Boston Calling and every time I've seen them since they've been terrible.

They took the whole mask/panty hose thing from punk rock and sanitized every bit of music on their way to stunning popularity and mediocrity.

rockaction said:
I made it through forty seconds of this and an entire performance at a festival once.

I can hereby confirm that their popularity is a complete mystery to me and they're part of the reason those reaction videos to boomers exist.

They're the awful product of teenage girls driving everything with their phones.
Ok. Ok.  I'll get off your lawn.  Geesh.  

Last week at our local annual music festival ("Summerfest"), on one night my co-worker and her daughter were at the 21 Pilots show, my wife and I were at Drive by Truckers (also saw Shinyribs, a spin off from my favorite band of all time), and our son was a Flo-Rida.  We also caught a few songs from Rise Against, a couple from the Styx show, and a few more from Shaggy, just walking around.  I think everyone at all of these shows was pretty much enjoying themselves as far as I could tell.

Love them! Wife and I had "Can't Help Falling In Love"  by Tyler using the Ukulele as our first dance. The past few albums have been not as good as their first and second, but can't blame them for going to the money and gaining 98% of their popularity. I would do the same. The first two albums were more instrumental, less produced, WAY less mainstream sound. Still love them. Fantastic live show as well. Tons of energy for hours.

rockaction said:

I liked that one record fwiw.

I'll tell you what is terrible. I had to sit through their performance in the hundred degree heat at Boston Calling and every time I've seen them since they've been terrible.

They took the whole mask/panty hose thing from punk rock and sanitized every bit of music on their way to stunning popularity and mediocrity.
I liked a few of their songs years ago but I guess their sound got repetitive so I usually skip them now.  I could see a band like Coast Modern having similar appeal as 21Pilots or Glass Animals but main stream success has eluded them.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6gq2iYISNI  I think Hollow Life is Coast Modern's best song, probably not your cup of tea but you may find it equally as bad as these other popular bands.

Users who are viewing this thread